Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Someone please tell me what the hell is the point of anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please tell me what the hell is the point of anything?

Someone please tell me what the hell is the point of anything? Waking up, eating, drinking, showering, sleeping, working, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, carrying on conversations, being bored to death, foruming like I have nothing else to do, being nice to people, studying my butt off, taking exams, etc etc etc. I work 40 hours a week AND go to school. Every day it's the same thing, just rinse and repeat. Work, class, bed. Weekends are for forgetting the week and catching up with friends, but they are never long enough to fit everything we'd like to do. Then Monday everything starts all over again. It sucks! I love my job, so that's not the problem. There is a lack of other kinds of stimulation though that make me wonder if this is how life is supposed to be. When I was in college I was dying to get out, now I wish I could go back! The 'real world' isn't as fun as I imagined it would be. So did I miss something? Am I supposed to be doing something differently? Maybe someone out there can give me some insight.

Please don't answer with like, oh the point of brushing your teeth is that your teeth wont get yellow and rot and fall off, or somesuch answer.

I mean on the grand scale, in the 'life' scheme of things. AND THEN??? What? What's the point? And please no one offer me some bleach, that xxxx isn't too funny right now. I mean it. I would probably drink it. yechhh.

Maybe I need to have sex or something? Naaah. I don't think that's it either.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Scientifically, the point of life is to make more life, which was a result of entropy. Unfortunately, because of natural selection, we are aware of this and because of defense/survival mechanisms we would like there to be more to it than that. It is cold but true.

Suicide is always an option; I would do it if I had the guts.

Another than that, try and make a big change in your life.

Comment

Suicide is too easy. Plus it's a pretty cheap xxxxty thing to do since you only just end up xxxxing up the lives of those who care about you if you choose that way out. I'd rather have something more challenging. What the heck would I change?
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

ok, the system sucks, does it suck enuf for u to change it?

Comment

yeah it sucks enough, but to make any kind of a change it seems to me i'd need manpower and money. neither of which I am very much endowed with right now...

Comment

CK i dont think its sex you need or bleach, i've tried commiting suicide 5 times, its not safe. And trust me you dont want to die, dieing is just the easy way out. The meaning of life, WOW, your asking such a hard question and i dont think anyone could answer it for you. I wish i could help you out in some way and answer this question but i cant. i can only tell you what has worked for me because i have been in the same position. After trying to kill myself 5 times the 6th time God decided to open my eyes and say if u want to die so bad ok fine here u go then die, and then he put my nephew in my arms in the hospital while i was about to give up and die. i fought, i fought as hard as i could and i succeded i am here becaue seeing that childs face and holding him in my arms made me think i have something to live for and when i would give up and i couldnt take it anymore asking all those questions that you are asking to yourself right now my brother (who was paralized in a car accident) comes to me and conforts me stands by my side and reminds me why i am here. He told me "there is no reason why we are here, no reason that we know and maybe if we find out the reason it wont be as interesting anymore to be here" he told me "Irin live life today dont think of tomorrow and dont think of the past they shouldnt concern you, all it will do is propose more questions, live your life not knowing what will happen make your life a challange, take some risks, stop following rules. Rules are man made and we all know man made things can not be trusted." So CK i dont think this answers any of your questions but i hope it might give you something to think about and if i can answer any more questions u might have or anything at all pm me or even call me i would be glad to help.

:tears:

Comment

I am the wrong person to ask about that since I am always depressed, bored and lonely.

But if I had to respond I would say...

Move somewhere other than where you are. If you live with your parents, leave. If you have been if the same apartment for a while, go some where else.

Make plans to see the music you enjoy in a live setting. I do not know whether you like jazz but I like to go to jazz clubs when I can afford it. Make plans to visit a museum. Again, I do not know if you live in L.A. or not but there are some great ones here.

Make plans to visit a museum. Again, I do not know if you live in L.A. or not but the Getty is a nice, relaxing place and it is free (except for parking).

Try and think of something you want to do and do it. Right now I am relying on painting to escape troubles. It does not always work but it is something.

Comment

Originally posted by SexyAries CK i dont think its sex you need or bleach, i've tried commiting suicide 5 times, its not safe.
                Ok, before I finish reading the rest of your post i have to comment on this part. You're so cute. heh, this made me laugh. Suicide is not safe. What a great tagline that would be. Don't try to kill yourself! You'll hurt yourself! Ok, back to reading the rest.........

Comment

I'm going to cry.
                  Last edited by ckBejug; 04-11-2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Please dont cry, cuz now im crying.

Comment

Working...
                    X