Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bible has a little bit of everything. It is a hodge podge of both myths, legends, history, as well as allegory from various cultures and groups. It is also one of the most influential works ever written.

Remember Christianity was a reform movement within the Pharisees ( not Judaism since back then there was no such thing as "Judaism" and it is only a modern term to signify that religion )that it was written at a time of political instability both with the intent of concealing secrets from the outside world, and from within, so there is alot of knowledge only initiates possessed and understood from the allegory.

Throughout time it has gone through many translations, tampering and changes and so one can expect different variations of how it is to be intepreted. Ironically present fundamentalist Christians who take the Bible literally, ignore the history of Christianity as it developed in the late Roman Empire. St. Augustine in his "On Christian Doctrine" as well as in "City of God" ( a text we read in class as part of our medieval coursework ), highlighted that the Bible should not be taken literally and the early Christians in fact understood the allegory and the message underneath the message.

The way the modern form of Christianity is practiced pales in comparison to how it was during its inception.

But what I am amazed at is the posts above that just make blanket assertions on preconceived notions of what they think the Bible is or ought to be. The best we can come up with is a guess, since no one totally knows beyond the surface, it's origin is clouded in secrecy and mystery. If you take the investigation far enough, you can see that there is no real evidence as to who wrote the New Testament books. One might say "Sure I know, it was Mathew, Mark, Luke and John". But then I am prone to ask, "Who are Mathew, Mark, Luke and John?". We have no description of who these people were, and if there is any contemporary evidence validating their existence, in souces outside of the Bible. The same applies for Jesus.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Cant really say im mad at God right now.

Comment

Well, whether or not you are mad or not towards God, is, in the grand scheme of things, not related to the Bible, for it wasn't until the idea of God was written in the Bible, the masses didn't know about it.

So the Bible was written by some weird people, and they created God basically.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

There is no original bible and i believe the bible(s) that go around nowadays should be stories written by church, other than being word of god...

Comment

That is correct, there are hundreds of different translations of the Bible, each one to fit the curriculum of a different church or a different branch of Christianity or Judaism. The original text was written in Greek and Hebrew and being that sometimes it’s almost impossible to translate a language literally different disputes arose as how should it be interpreted more correctly. So each sector to a different approach as to what the Bible conveys.

I believe the true scriptures are in the Vatican, but are not disclosed to the public, for the fear of controversy and a possible chaos, or so I read. It’s strange how people claim that they “believe in the Bible”, yet they are not aware that it’s been translated a thousand times into hundreds of versions and what they are reading is a simple fabrication of “man made” literature. And they are not able to point out which version they believe. Oh well, easier to live by the published guidelines rather than analyze life and your actions through critical thinking.

Comment

They have made sooooo many versions of the bible that its hard to believe, they say the bible shouldnt be changed but they change and it to an as and it changes everythingggg. So how can you believe something thats been rewritten so many times and its not even written by God or Jesus!!!!! i think it was a ploy to get people to act the way they wanted. I have my faith i dont need a book to tell me what to believe in.

Comment

To a ceraitn extent I agree with SexyA...

I came across this today and felt it needed to be shared...

If you don't believe in God, pretend it's a conversation with someone else, a wise person. Whatever. It speaks the truth nonetheles...

THE INTERVIEW WITH GOD

I dreamed I had an interview with God.

“So you would like to interview me?” God asked.

“If you have the time” I said.

God smiled. “My time is eternity.”
                “What questions do you have in mind for me?”

“What surprises you most about humankind?”

God answered...
                “That they get bored with childhood,
                they rush to grow up, and then
                long to be children again.”

“That they lose their health to make money...
                and then lose their money to restore their health.”

“That by thinking anxiously about the future,
                they forget the present,
                such that they live in neither
                the present nor the future.”

"That they live as if they will never die,
                and die as though they had never lived.”

God’s hand took mine
                and we were silent for a while.

And then I asked...
                “As a parent, what are some of life’s lessons
                you want your children to learn?”

“To learn they cannot make anyone
                love them. All they can do
                is let themselves be loved.”

“To learn that it is not good
                to compare themselves to others.”

“To learn to forgive
                by practicing forgiveness.”

“To learn that it only takes a few seconds
                to open profound wounds in those they love,
                and it can take many years to heal them.”

“To learn that a rich person
                is not one who has the most,
                but is one who needs the least.”

“To learn that there are people
                who love them dearly,
                but simply have not yet learned
                how to express or show their feelings.”

“To learn that two people can
                look at the same thing
                and see it differently.”

“To learn that it is not enough that they
                forgive one another, but they must also forgive themselves.”

"Thank you for your time," I said humbly.

"Is there anything else
                you would like your children to know?"

God smiled and said,
                “Just know that I am here... always.”

-author unknown
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I think the discussion of the Bible is being left behind by getting into a diety like God.

In any event, it should be understood that "God" in the Hebrew Bible which is the original, has a plural meaning. "Elohim" in Hebrew is not "God' and is best translated as "Gods".

There is alot of known nonsense such as the mythical moses who led the mythical Hebrews where they wanderered for 40 years where they never lived.

I think to gain a better understanding of the hidden allegory contained in the Bible, one should read works by Zechariah Sitchin, or William Bramley who wrote The Gods of Eden, for you see "Eden" is not just in the Bible and many references to Eden, not just in the Bible.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Historians and scientists, by the way, support their claim that 1st man originated from Africa, due to “Eden” being in Africa. And since when are on the subject the apple symbolizes the knowledge on the contrary of others claiming that it symbolizes the sin.

Adam and Eve where happy living in their ignorant bliss, they lived with their basic animal instincts. However the forbidden tree was more of a knowledge that God gave an option of choosing, otherwise he wouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place. Thus it distinguishes us humans different from animals, we continuously strive towards something else towards enlightenment. Like Machiavelli said: “Ambition is so powerful a passion in the human breast, that however high we reach we are never satisfied.” And they choice to bite in to the apple of knowledge. Eden was no longer a place for knowledgeable people to exist in, since they wanted to question and explore, thus God saw that he has no choice but to create a world that would give humans a sense of purpose to exercise their new acquired knowledge. So he cast Adam and Eve out of Eden on a journey to find and explore the purpose they hold.

Completely my interpretation of the story, but nonetheless more logical and more romantic than the dry “We are all sinners” moral. Besides, who the hell wants to live in boring Eden with all those animals, playing Snow White and all her forest animals. Give me something to challenge, something to discover, something to achieve.

Comment

SexyAries, way to go, girl. No need to abide by the idealogy of the conditioned masses in the religion dominated society. Believe what you will and you don’t even need to assign any labels.

Ck that is a great story!

Comment

Working...
                      X