Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sev21 heh that sucks man, i remember my days too when I played games all night and day
    The problem with me is, i'm not playing any games. I actually wanna fall asleep but it won't work.

Comment

• To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question.

Comment

• Omni, I have a giant tranquilizer handy. Want some?

I'll make sure to shoot at your behind.

Comment

• WAKE UPPPP EVRYONE. Wake upppppppppppppp!!!!! What are you doing still asleep at 5:30 in the MORNING?? It's MORNING, so GET UP and come talk to meeeeeeee!!

Who is the other 'guest' online... you sneaky ghost you. Is i omniiiii??
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Who else would it be

Comment

• Mart meg had hi me geseh!
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Wow..and I'm here thinking that I have it bad cuz I have to wake up at 7 to go to work. WOW PEOPLE! I love sleeping, how can u do this to urselves? Please, come to my house, and we could all sleep together...no?

Comment

• Random Thoughts

Ahh my old Insomnia thread (feels at ease), it's 4:42 A.M. and as usual I'm having trouble falling asleep. I'm tired of xxxxxing about it so don't worry I'm not ranting about it nor do I need any more tips because I've given up.

I was playing Party Poker and played a $215 buy-in single table tournament and since only top 3 pay I lost and was pretty frustrated. So I played one more time and it just finished about 20 min ago. Why am I writing this you ask? I don't know just feel like writing. I came in second this time and recieved $600 dollars, I should have made 1000 but some guy got lucky when he beat me with a worse hand to win it but hey it happens in the short run but in the long run the luck factor decreases a lot. I noticed I'm having a lot of anxiety while playing poker and lately I've been short of breath and start shaking slightly. I found some old Yanni songs in my songs folder and that really helped me relax and took away all my anxiety and tension. Yanni's music is pretty amazing I'm listening to "In The Mirror" right now, you guys should download it. His music is so soulful and spiritual, I would take his music right now over a Benzodiazepine (Valium, Xanax, etc.) to relieve anxiety which goes to show you music can sometimes be really powerful. I've been sick for the past 4 days with a major flu and infection and just finished my antibiotics yesterday. I took Zithromax, they have a new Tri-Pak which is once a day for 3 days and you're done. I remember in the old days antibiotics would have to be taken for up to ten days and sometimes every 8 or 12 hours. Medicine is advancing, pretty soon they will have a single pill antibiotic to cure your sinus infection, I read it in a article the other day. I shouldn't have gone out tonight but being the stupid old me that I am I couldn't have everyone else go out and me stay home and get better. Sorry for the sporadic sentences, I know it just goes from one thing to another all of a sudden. I ended up going to some mansion type house party and got dressed up as a firefighter. My luck it ended up being one of the coldest nights we've had for a while and the last 20 min before we left I went in the car alone and turned on the heater full blast and just relaxed. Tonight was just perfect for my flu, just sensational. I should have brought some girl I'm talking to, to the party I probably would have enjoyed it much more, but I have issues and I didn't. I need to stop being scared and open up for once, I never give any of these girls a chance. I think now is a good time to have a girlfriend and stop with all these stupid parties and clubs which I've cut down tremendously anyway. Am I writing a diary type thing here or is this just a insomnia post, I don't know. I felt like writing on and on until I got tired, that was the plan. I regret to inform you that the plan didn't go too well. I could keep going on forever about many other things but now this post is getting too long. Writing feels good, you guys should try it. Listen to some Yanni and write random thoughts that come to your head, it puts your mind more at ease for some reason. But maybe everyone elses mind is at ease and more care free than mine and that's why no one is awake with me right now . I wanna keep writing but I'm getting out of hand. I'm gonna go listen to some more Yanni now and then maybe watch a movie and sleep somehow.

Comment

• I know you didn't want any tips, but if you just go to sleep when you're tired enough to sleep when you have insomnia your sleep cycles get all xxxxed up and it just makes it worse. You need to decide when you want to sleep each night and train yourself to sleep then. It's kind of a last resort from what I can remember but they say that you can't go backwards.. you must go forward. So, people make themselves sleep later and later and later until they get to their desired sleeping time.
                    For example: If you'd like to sleep at midnight and you can't... you can't sleep or you're not sleepy until 3 or 4, then don't sleep until 6, then don't sleep until 8, then 10, then 12, etc until you get to 12am.

Otherwise I have a list of tips that I gave to my classes...

Read something pleasant or relaxing just before going to sleep.
                    Arrange your schedule so you go to sleep at the same time each night.
                    Take a warm bath or have a massage before going to sleep.
                    Avoid coffee or tea late in the day.
                    Exercise every day, but not just before going to sleep.
                    Don’t smoke.
                    Don’t nap during the day.
                    Don’t worry; Almost everyone experiences this at times.
                    Get up and read, work, watch TV until you feel drowsy.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by Siggie

Otherwise I have a list of tips that I gave to my classes...

Read something pleasant or relaxing just before going to sleep.
                      Arrange your schedule so you go to sleep at the same time each night.
                      Take a warm bath or have a massage before going to sleep.
                      Avoid coffee or tea late in the day.
                      Exercise every day, but not just before going to sleep.
                      Don’t smoke.
                      Don’t nap during the day.
                      Don’t worry; Almost everyone experiences this at times.
                      Get up and read, work, watch TV until you feel drowsy.
                      You need to read all the pages of this thread lady I've already tried all those things. I'ts 3:35 a.m. I will be back later.

Comment

Working...
                      X