Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Ultimate End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by violette829 Before my father passed away last month, he taught me everything I needed to know about life in a matter of 1 week before his death. I saw him go through all the stages, which lead to his final acceptance stage. It was so weird how I saw him finally just say, okay, I'm dying, there is nothing that's going to stop it. He decided to make his last days as meaningful as possible. Human beings are always afraid of what they don't know. (for ex. Michael Jackson)...lol..that was stupid...anyway, back to death...I think our minds sometimes go too far ahead of us. We have to just let it be because if we go on a search to find all these truths, we're just gonna be wasting away our lives trying to uncover something that CAN'T BE UNCOVERED. What meaning would life have if we knew when we were going to die. Any reasonable person would kill themself before the death even occured in that case. Just live life everyday, in every way.....Oh and the 1 thing my dad told me, DON'T LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR SOMEONE ELSE! THAT GOES FOR ALL OF US ARMENIANS WHO ARE ALWAYS CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK OF US....Live, Love, BE MERRY!!!!
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad hun..I totally feel you. I think death is just part of life and we must except that sooner or later our time is going to come. I think that it's important to live life optimistacly << spelling error lol, and be able to live life like our last, I lost two very important people in my life, and I realize that life is too short and a lot of people worry about silly things, but important things like school, family and your future... ~Armine

Comment

Flames, I usto but i dont see the point in thinking about it so i just dont, untill this thread came about.

Arvest, Your right girls dont succeed because they mostly do it for attention and i can addmit 3 out of 5 of my attempts were to get my b/f's or my family's attention but the other 2 times i came so close to dieing that it scared me to think i can really succeed and those 2 times i was just fed up with life and what it has to offer.

"In your life you make choices, everything you do you have a choice whether this or whether that. Even the one thing you think you HAVE to do you have a choice whether to do or not do. The one thing in life you dont choose is whether to die or not, even with suicide, you dont know if you will succeed or not, if it isnt your time to die you wont (miracles) but when it comes your time you dont have that CHOICE you HAVE to go." -me

Right now im taking it day by day thinking about stuff only makes me fed up with life again, the more you think about the bad stuff the more they come to you. Just live life as if it was your last day in this world and dont ever regret anything you do.

I feel like a balloon people.

Comment

Originally posted by SexyAries

"The one thing in life you dont choose is whether to die or not, even with suicide, you dont know if you will succeed or not." -me
        ummmm
        yyyyuh
        ANYways
        what were you guys sayin?

P.S. sexyaries you fall under my and ck's and arvest's worst pet peeve! (check the pet peeve thread please, or wait... there is a really big possibility you didn't get what I just said... forget it)

Comment

im not scared of death, just cuz of the fact that i know that its eventually gonna happen.....and I do believe in a 2nd life after death!

Comment

Originally posted by fstkhnan im not scared of death, just cuz of the fact that i know that its eventually gonna happen.....and I do believe in a 2nd life after death!
            Just because you believe in it doesn't mean that it exists.

Comment

The Ultimate End

I don't think there is an ultimate end.

I feel that Life, itself is a force of such great magnitude, that it is impossible to believe that death is the end of it all. There must be something more.

I think that death is the begining of something greater than life. I'm not talking about heaven.

throughout our live's we constantly learn new things, gain new or different views on things, each and every one of us is constantly changing every single day, as we add to our characters, through experience, until our dying day. The final stage of life, DEATH, is when a person has completely formed. He becomes complete. And that is when you start living, or whatever it is called, after death.

hope this made sense, but that's how I feel towards life and death.

Comment

Boy, I hope in the next life I don't go from Anonymouse to Anonymiss.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral The Ultimate End

I don't think there is an ultimate end.

I feel that Life, itself is a force of such great magnitude, that it is impossible to believe that death is the end of it all. There must be something more.

I think that death is the begining of something greater than life. I'm not talking about heaven.

throughout our live's we constantly learn new things, gain new or different views on things, each and every one of us is constantly changing every single day, as we add to our characters, through experience, until our dying day. The final stage of life, DEATH, is when a person has completely formed. He becomes complete. And that is when you start living, or whatever it is called, after death.

hope this made sense, but that's how I feel towards life and death.
                  Very inspirational post, spiral. As comforting as it is, I am more skeptical.

But anyway, have you guys ever thought about what an awesome thing death is? I don't mean in a good way, but look at our daily lives, so simple, so logical (relatively speaking, of course). But death, it holds such power, and we will be part of it eventually.

Now don't go thinking that I welcome death...I don't. I hate the thought of it just as much as the next person. Yet I cannot help but be aware of its magnitude of power, the unknown void of knowledge that it's immersed in.

It's 1am, and I have a Chem final tomorrow, so what I wrote might or might not make sense...hope some of you get it.

Comment

anonymiss, I like it, you'll be a feisty chic! lol

oh and good luck on your final flames!

Comment

HAHAHA i laughed so hard my my whole class turned around thinking who is this "stupid person" (I got the comment)
                      When all else fails Jahannam pick on the big-titted midget!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X