Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Stoges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anileve Baronchik, how do you say in french

"my world is not complete without your presence" or

"I have been searching for you all my life"

---Your humble french student.
    "my world is not complete without your presence" - "mon monde est incomplet sans ta présence" or "mon monde est incomplet en ton absence" which I find sounds nicer.

"I have been searching for you all my life" - "Je te cherchais pendant toute ma vie" or, "Je t'ai cherché pendant ma vie durant", which is kinda poetic.

Learn on, dear student, learn on...

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug it's actually.....

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
      Mata ah-oo Hima de
      Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
      Himitsu wo Shiri Tai

You're wondering who I am - Machine or mannequin
      With parts made in Japan, I am the modren man.

Nonsensical 80's songs are FUN =) listen to the eggplant.

Though I do prefer One Night in Bangkok (<--sp???). One night in bankok makes a hard man humble... doorooroo
      One night in bankok makes a hard man humble.....something something exstacy........one night in bangkok and the tough guys tumble......la la laaa

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan In the U.S. speaking French in public is a misdemeanor punishble with a $25 fine.
        lol, was this established by the same bright politicians who inaugurated the "freedom fries"?

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan One night in bankok makes a hard man humble.....something something exstacy........one night in bangkok and the tough guys tumble......la la laaa
          something something extasy= not much between despair and extasy.....

someone else knows this song?? Here, you may have the lyrics to enjoy and bop your head along to.

Bangkok, Oriental setting
          And the city don't know that the city is getting
          The creme de la creme of the chess world in a
          Show with everything but Yul Brynner
          Time flies -- doesn't seem a minute
          Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it
          All change -- don't you know that when you
          Play at this level there's no ordinary venue
          It's Iceland -- or the Philippines -- or Hastings -- or -- or this place!

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
          The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
          You'll find a god in every golden cloister
          And if you're lucky then the god's a she
          I can feel an angel sliding up to me

One town's very like another
          When your head's down over your pieces, brother

It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
          To be looking at the board, not looking at the city

Whaddya mean? Ya seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town --

Tea, girls, warm and sweet
          Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite

Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
          Whose every move's among the purest
          I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
          Not much between despair and ecstasy
          One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
          Can't be too careful with your company
          I can feel the devil walking next to me

Siam's gonna be the witness
          To the ultimate test of cerebral fitness
          This grips me more than would a
          Muddy old river or reclining Buddha
          And thank God I'm only watching the game -- controlling it --
          I don't see you guys rating
          The kind of mate I'm contemplating
          I'd let you watch, I would invite you
          But the queens we use would not excite you
          So you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage parlours --

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
          The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
          You'll find a god in every golden cloister
          A little flesh, a little history
          I can feel an angel sliding up to me
          One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
          Not much between despair and ecstasy
          One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
          Can't be too careful with your company
          I can feel the devil walking next to me

hehe eggplant, now i like you
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants lol, was this established by the same bright politicians who inaugurated the "freedom fries"?
            No. Ever since you tried to assasinate me in your frozen pool of death, I have been lobbying for it as a city ordinance.

On a side note, I just saw Bowling for Columbine. I had no idea Canadians are so well armed.
            Last edited by patlajan; 12-17-2003, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan No. Ever since you tried to assasinate me in your frozen pool of death, I have been lobbying for it as a city ordinance.

On a side note, I just saw Bowling for Columbine. I had no idea Canadians are so well armed.
              So you found out about my secret plan to eradicate all Americans?

Oh, and yes, Canada is very well armed. If you ever see a 65 year old man on a pony with a slingshot in his hand, SURRENDER IMMEDIATELY, for we will have no mercy!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants "my world is not complete without your presence" - "mon monde est incomplet sans ta présence" or "mon monde est incomplet en ton absence" which I find sounds nicer.

"I have been searching for you all my life" - "Je te cherchais pendant toute ma vie" or, "Je t'ai cherché pendant ma vie durant", which is kinda poetic.

Learn on, dear student, learn on...
                Merci bocu, mon cheri! C'est beau!

Comment

Working...
                X