Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

post count = date of event in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee I wonder what it will be.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

It is going to be that Robert Motherwell was born.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Gee I wonder what it will be.
        My hobbies include daterape and murder.
        Your signature is xxxxing disgusting! Notice lack of sarcasm or humor on my part, I am damn serious.

Comment

I wonder if she intentionally did not post her 1915th post in here.

Comment

I can't believe I wasted it on some music thread.
            anyway. here you go:

with SO much going on in the world at that time, no timeline mentions it. no media station announces it.
            but for us, it will always be a sacred year.
            I don't even know which part of the PLANNING of the genocide I shall start with. lets see.
            -January 1
            Nuri, the vice-governor of Gavar District in Van Province, receives orders from the military governor to kill the Armenian soldiers in the Turkish Army who were stationed in his district.
            -January 5
            The Turkish government publicly charges that Armenian bakers in the army bakeries of Sivas were poisoning the bread of the Turkish forces. The bakers are cruelly beaten, despite the fact that a group of doctors prove the charge to be false by examining the bread and even eating it. As this marks an attempt on the part of the government to incite massacre, the government does not rescind the charge.
            -February 2
            Talaat advises German Ambassador Count Hans von Wangenheim that the war is the only propitious moment to conclude the Armenian Question.
            -February 19
            Talaat, Osman Bedri, and other Ittihadist leaders decide in a meeting that should Allied naval ships force the Dardanelles, the Turks would burn Constantinople, blow up the Hagia Sophia, and slaughter the Christian inhabitants. Kerosene is distributed to all police stations in Constantinople for ready use in such an eventuality.
            -February 21
            An attack by chetes on the village of Purk near Shabin-Karahisar results in looting, murder, rape.
            -March 1
            In Marash, the Armenians in the Turkish Army are deprived of their uniforms and arms.
            -March 3
            A dispatch from the Ittihad Central Committee is released announcing the decision to exterminate the Armenians.
            -March 12
            Mass arrests of Armenians are carried out in Dortyol and a public announcement is made that those arrested would be sent to work on road construction near Aleppo. They are never heard of again.
            -Enver Pasha leaves for Berlin to see Kaiser Wilhelm II.
            -March 14
            Sahag, the Catholicos of Cilicia, advises the Armenians of Zeitun not to resist under any conditions.
            -March 18
            In Zeitun, the Turkish forces arrest many of the remaining Armenian notables and intellectuals whom they torture and finally kill.
            -March 24
            Chetes and gendarmes attack Armenians in the towns of Bayburt (Papert) and Terchan in Erzerum Province, and in Bitlis.
            -March 26
            Thirty more Armenian community leaders are arrested in Zeitun.
            -March 29
            In Aleppo, the capital of the province, Jemal Pasha falsely announces that the Armenians of Zeitun are in revolt and therefore he is instructing the military authorities, to the exclusion of the civilian government, to take measures to punish the Armenians.
            -March 31
            In Marash, Turks announce a mass meeting to prepare a massacre. Acting under the terms of the March 29 order, the government forbids civilians to take matters into their own hands.
            -March 31
            Deportation of Armenians from Zeitun begins. Some of the inhabitants are sent to the Konia Desert in central Anatolia. The rest are sent to Der-el-Zor (Deir el-Zor) in the Syrian Desert.
            Azadamart, the leading Armenian newspaper in Constantinople is closed by an order of the government issued through the office of the Police Commissioner of Constantinople, Osman Bedri. 300 Turkish pounds in the petty cash box are stolen. The printing presses are removed to the Ittihad Press, where the organ Tanin was published by the CUP, with Huseyin Jahid (Yalchin) as editor-in-chief, and Ahmed Emin as associate editor.
            -April 3
            (Easter week) Mass arrests and a search for weapons are carried out in Marash and Hadjin (Hajen), with the seizure of all arms, including household knives. Numerous rapes during the house searches are reported.
            -April 8
            Turkish emigrants from Bosnia are settled by the government in the villages of Zeitun District. 8,000 Turkish regulars are reported in Zeitun.
            The famous monastery of Zeitun is burned by the Turks.
            -April 11
            Talaat tells the Armenian parliamentary deputy Bedros Halajian that there will be no massacres.
            -March
            (toward the end of the month) The Turkish government forbids American Ambassador Henry Morgenthau to send coded messages to the American consuls and deprives him of his diplomatic prerogative of receiving communications uncensored.
            -April 20
            The deportation of the 25,000 Armenians of Zeitun is completed.
            -April 20
            Twenty Armenian Social Democratic Hnchak Party members are brought to the Central Prison in Constantinople to face court martial. They are hanged publicly on June 2, 1915.
            -April 24
            250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders are arrested in Constantinople and sent to Chankri and Ayash, where they are later slain.
            The editors and staff of Azadamart, the leading Armenian newspaper of Constantinople, are arrested, and on June 15 are slain in Diyarbekir, where they had been transported and imprisoned.
            The Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople and Zohrab, Armenian deputy in the Ottoman Parliament, petition the Grand Vizier, Said Halim, the Minister of the Interior Talaat, and the President of the Senate, Rifat, on behalf of the arrested Armenians of Constantinople. Though approached separately, all three give identical answers; that the government is isolating the Armenian leadership and dissolving the Armenian political organizations.
            there's way more.

I can't take it anymore. and it goes on all the way until mayis 28 1918 literally.
            thanx for your time.
            and disksoleil, I'm sorry but, Turkey IS guilty of Genocide.

Comment

-January 01 - Massachusetts is the first state to require auto insurance
              -feb 26 - New distance record, 7,287 miles (11,723 km.), established for radio telephone conversation, with successful communication between San Francisco and London.
              -Aug 12 - Paramount's aviation epic Wings, starring the "It" girl Clara Bow, premieres. The film was a smashing success, earning $3.8 million, and later winning the first Academy Award for best picture (then called the award for "Most Outstanding Production").

-Laurel and Hardy gain popularity
              Last edited by jahannam; 12-23-2003, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Your signature is xxxxing disgusting! Notice lack of sarcasm or humor on my part, I am damn serious.
                Stop typing, take 55 milligrams of pure Diazepam and 120mg of Valium and sit in the corner and fondle yourself until the presence of a somewhat pacified braying jackass is requested.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

a bunch of Nazzi Jewish stuff.
                  don't feel like getting into it.
                  yeah I'm a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Stop typing, take 55 milligrams of pure Diazepam and 120mg of Valium and sit in the corner and fondle yourself until the presence of a somewhat pacified braying jackass is requested.
                    pssst... Diazepam and Valium are the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X