Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nothing wakes you up in the morning.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing wakes you up in the morning.....

....like a crash on the express way!

So I'm heading to work this morning, cruising along in the far left lane. I decide to change lanes to the middle lane. I flick the turn signal on, get about half way in, and this moron in a white 2000+ Monte Carlo in the right lane jerks into the same middle lane without looking, or signaling, forcing me to slam on my brakes, and quickly steer back into the left lane. Well, the wheels locked up for some reason, and I'm going down the expressway at 70mph sideways. I haven't started panicking here yet other than realizing that a crash may be eminent. It veers off into the shoulder where it starts to straighten out, and gives me the false hope for a split second that we may get out of this in one piece. No such luck. I'm coming upon the speed limit sign, and one of those orange barrels too quickly to stop in time. I plow through them, and that causes the car to skid again.......right into the concrete barrier.........aaaaand finally comes to a stop. I sat there for a second in total disbelief at what happened. I tap the accelerator to see if she'll move. She does move forward, but I can hear something scraping the ground, and I hear air start hissing pretty loudly. So I put the car in park, and got out. The driver's side is toast. The front bumper cover, front fender, both doors, the rear quarter (near the rear door), both rims (cracked), and both tires flat. Needless to say, I was fuming inside, but I was in too much shock to really display it.

Not a single person stopped, least of all, the piece of xxxx that caused the accident, which is the only person I cared about seeing at that point. State trooper came after about 10 minutes (after I called my boss to tell him I may be a wee bit late). He took down the report, a tow truck came, and the car and I were dropped off at Haggerty Pontiac. I figured that was the best place to take it at that moment, because at least I could walk to my work in the shopping center right next door. From the looks of it, and according to Joe Haggerty, and the guy who took down my insurance claim, it's going to get totaled, which I'm REALLY going to be pissed off about as soon as what's happened sets in.

I know, I know. It's just a car, and things could have gotten MUCH, much worse. But it's hard to think about that right now since I'm fine, and I now have this mess on my hands to deal with. I just have NOT had good luck with this car. I'm still at a total loss as to what to say or think, right now. I just keep replaying all the split second things I could have done differently to have avoided this, even though I know it's useless. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I still owe $1,400 on it, which I was planning on having payed off in the next 2-3 months. The guy who took my claim said that because of the lien, I won't be able to buy back the car if they total it, which will most likely make me snap. I'll just have to wait and see what the adjuster says, and go from there. The only shot I snapped of it at the scene before it was towed away is below.

Re: Nothing wakes you up in the morning.....

Glad that at least you are ok. You are going to replay this in your mind about a 1000 times and it's going to be quite stressful for a while. Nothing much you can do at this point other than just give it time .. and look for a replacement. Hope the insurance works out and they mark it as the other guy's fault who didn't stop. That's the one good thing about the other guy not stopping ... but without witnesses, I don't know what they will do ... you might have a fight ahead of you with the insurance people.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Sip, you think they'll mark it as the other person's fault even though that collision with the idiot was avoided? Maybe if they can find evidence that the wheels locked, it won't be his fault since it's mechanical failure? That seems more likely than them accepting that he was trying to avoid a crash when this happened.

Dikran, I'm happy you're okay. And, yes... It's just a car!
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
        Sip, you think they'll mark it as the other person's fault even though that collision with the idiot was avoided? Maybe if they can find evidence that the wheels locked, it won't be his fault since it's mechanical failure? That seems more likely than them accepting that he was trying to avoid a crash when this happened.

Dikran, I'm happy you're okay. And, yes... It's just a car!
        No, they won't mark it as the other person's fault... unless there happened to be a camera on the spot it happened and it was serious enough for the footage to be reviewed.

It's not JUST a car, to many of us it's a vital resource to our livelihood. No car, no work. No work, no shelter, no food... see how it works?
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-10-2009, 06:49 AM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Dre, I would upset too. I get it, but when it comes to the car getting hurt or the person(s) inside, we all agree that better that it be the car right? The replaceable thing? Must you disagree with me in every thread? He has insurance, he'll get another car!
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

better than a hummer. just kidding.

did you get the j-ackoff's license plate number?

material items come and go, life does too but when it goes, it don't come back regardless of what all those cryogenic proponents claim.

At least, it's Friday and you still have all your appendages in place and not broken.
            Between childhood, boyhood,
            adolescence
            & manhood (maturity) there
            should be sharp lines drawn w/
            Tests, deaths, feats, rites
            stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Dre, I would upset too. I get it, but when it comes to the car getting hurt or the person(s) inside, we all agree that better that it be the car right? The replaceable thing? Must you disagree with me in every thread?
              Yeah Siggie, we all say that but we as a society have put more value on cars and "replaceable" things than people. Even though words may sound comforting, they don't make life any easier.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Yeah Siggie, we all say that but we as a society have put more value on car's and "replaceable" things than people. Even though words may sound comforting, they don't make life any easier.
                Are you for real?! So you're saying society has shaped your thinking such that you think it would be better had he broken his arm, but the car having only sustained minor damage?

Comment

So you're saying society has shaped your thinking such that you think it would be better had he broken his arm, but the car having only sustained minor damage?
                  That would all depend on whether or not he had health insurance.... a broken arm would have actually been less of pain if it didn't interfere with his job. And he would have gotten sympathy from others

Put it this way, the average car is worth $30,000. The average person is in debt, meaning they are a liability to the system.
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-10-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Yeah Siggie, we all say that but we as a society have put more value on cars and "replaceable" things than people. Even though words may sound comforting, they don't make life any easier.
                    Umm, if you are on the East Coast, there is the Metro. Acela Express. Etc. Its not like there isn't public transportation. Or, a bike. Or, umm, er, hoofing it.

Why so fatalistic?
                    Between childhood, boyhood,
                    adolescence
                    & manhood (maturity) there
                    should be sharp lines drawn w/
                    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Working...
                    X