Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Tip to Increase Your Internet Speed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tip to Increase Your Internet Speed!

Here's a tip for you guys that you most probably didn't know about.

The question is: How do you increase the speed of your Internet?
    The answer is: By increasing your bandwidth by 20%!

See, Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like Windows Updates, Interrogation of your PC, and much more.

To get it back, do the following:

1. Click Start

2. Click Run and type in gpedit.msc. This opens the Group Policy Editor. If you can't access run, open task manager, click on New Task and then type in the same code.

3. Go to Local Computer Policy, click on Computer Configuration, then on Administrative Templates, then Network, and then finally on QOS Packet Scheduler.

4. Double-Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and when a page opens, click on ENABLED on the top-left portion of the screen. You can't miss it. By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20% of the bandwidth of a connection but you can override the default which is very good.

So the trick is to ENABLE Reservable Bandwidth and then set it to 0. This will force your operating system to not reserve any bandwidth.

That's it. Enjoy
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Re: A Tip to Increase Your Internet Speed!

Are you sure this is for real?
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

I've tried it myself. Seems pretty real and makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sako View Post
        I've tried it myself. Seems pretty real and makes sense.
        Here is another well-known tip to improve performance. If you are running Windows Vista you need to erase winload.exe - as it name suggests, it adds a heavy load onto windows, slowing it down considerably. I've tried it myself. It's real and pretty, and makes sense.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
          Are you sure this is for real?

Correction of some incorrect claims about Windows XP QoS support

There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect. The information in the "Clarification about QoS in end computers that are Running Windows XP" section correctly describes the behavior of Windows XP systems.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

My computer really was reserving 20% of my bandwidth and I had to manually bring it down to 0. All I'm saying. (I use Windows 7)

Comment

Does it work with all windows versions?
              Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Well it works with Windows 7, the latest version, and I know it works on Windows 2000 and XP so my guess is it most probably does. Try it out!

Comment

*sticks to my macbook*

Comment

I don't think Win2k had this issue and it probably won't work for XP Home edition. Although from my understanding, unless you're actually downloading updates from MS then that bandwidth should be made available. However, this is MS so it might just be a bug
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 07-27-2009, 06:18 AM.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                    X