Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I would like to take this opportunity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to take this opportunity...

Oh my! how time flies when you're having fun!
    The ramblings that follow will form the essence of my 1000th post on the armenianclub forums, making me only the 4th member to ever reach this prestigious level.

The forum has changed quite a bit since my arrival. Many have left, and many more arrived. Conversations have ranged from tampons to the infamous war on Iraq, interrupted by my incessant ramblings and obsessions on Armenia.

The role of village idiot has also passed from one hand to another, from fitty percent to speakenglishordie to....well......whitelotus seems to have adopted it as her status, so I will give it to her, though I hardly think she deserves it.

Now, allow me to share some feelings personally with the members:

admin: I don't think you like me, but it's ok. I like you . I congratulate you on the great work you've done with the whole of the site, although I sometimes don't like what I see in the other AC pages. Hamperootyoon yev haradevootyoon. Your goal, I believe, is a noble one.
    P.S.: can I have some sort of special crown next to my avatar now that I have 1000 posts?

loseyourname: About 400 posts and I still feel that I barely know you. Your posts are usually very informative and well thought out. I look forward to *I forget the word* with you. (I hope you get what I was trying to say).

Arvestaked: You seem to be a talented and intellectual person, but I'd have to see your art to judge.
    I will admit that your ramblings in the "other topics" board are somehow captivating, and I also look forward to *same word as with loseyourname* with you.

dstyle: kezi al shad lav chem janchar..but you post in the politics section, so you're cool!

Violette: well, we started off on the wrong foot because I still don't think you're a hayrenadartz, but we seem to be getting along a lot better now! I still laugh about your self-nomination for the FOscars.

Aries: we also started off on the wrong foot because of the infamous thread in cartalk with the big titted midget thing. Things have gotten better between us too, and I am glad to see that things seem to be looking up in your own life.

SuperWoman: Your determination to kick every non armo out of this site still baffles me. You remind me of Vartan Mamigonian….only female…and with a cause that might arguably be slightly less important.

Felizitation: ah, le maudit français! Je trouve qu'on s'entend trop bien pour du monde qui viennent de se rencontrer.....sur internet, en plus (et encore mieux depuis la disparition du pied). Apprends à chanter dans la douche, ça te fera du bien.

Sirumemkez: Yes el kez em sirum...but get some new favourite lyrics.

Artsakhtsi: Get the hell outta Sweden! Your patriotism and loyalty towards Armenia and Artsakh inspire me, and I hope we meet in Stepanakert someday. (I've told you this so many times, but I am still amazed by how beautiful and clean that city is).

Spiral: I think you're totally bangable.

HAHA, I kid, I kid. I wanted to see your reaction, but then I noticed that I can't see it over the internet. Always a pleasure seeing such bright armenian women.

PASAMONSTER: I will admit, I'm a wussy, and guns scare me. But you seem like a cool guy with a big heart....just don't walk around with guns! (I'm from Canada, don't forget)

Armenator: I still don't get who you are.

Gorsenvadz: I think you arrived to the forum when I was away in Armenia, so I was pretty confused (or to make my lame pun of the day, I was pretty "gorsenvadz") when I first saw you online. Nevertheless, you have contributed greatly to the board, BUT WHERE HAVE YA BEEN LATELY??

SagGal: I don't know you too much, but you seem to be a fun person, as you laugh at every joke in the joke forum . And don't worry about the genocide cause....recognition will come, and will come soon.

Fireburntinhell: ah, another patriotic young armenian woman. You have impressed us all with your almost-overnight transformation in english. And your honesty has gained you my respect and causes a lot of entertainment.

Paraparmo: kak ger

Omniscient: too bad you left. I hope you can finally get all the sleep you need now that we're not here to bother you. (Why am I writing this if you've left the forum??)

Disksoleil: Your quest for truth and your polite attitude have inspired me, and, dare I say, have given me a glimmer of hope for the new generation of Turks.

Whitelotus: Rouben Matevosian rules, and there isn't a single thing you can do about it. And as he sings so well "dzaghgir indz hamar, YERKIR indz hamar". (by which I mean that I would like to hear you sing one day)

Alright, allow me to move on to the posters who have had a "greater impact" on me, in no particular order. Now those that I already mentioned, don't feel insulted or anything (haha, as if anyone cares).

Emil: aaaaakh emil emil emil. The embodiement of diplomacy. Watching you turn into a moderator was like watching my son get a college degree. Keep up the great work...and remember my kind words towards you if admin wants to kick me out one day.
    PS: remind admin about the crown next to my avatar. I really don’t think he likes me

CkBejug: abaaaaaaw, koo masit inch esem? As weird as it might sound, I'm sure I know you. I hope to have the honour of meeting you this summer, and bring some mante with you.

Anileve: Have you left us too? Can't complain about another Hakhverdian fan such as yourself, but try to not make more threads about healthy-spermed men.

Anonymouse: If admin created the forum, you kept it alive. I'm still not sold on the futility of government, but it has been an honour and a pleasure to read your posts, as well as being your worthy opponent in some cases. I believe you are now close to 4000 posts...you probably already got your 4000th while I wrote this. Keep it up. The forum wouldn't be the same without you.

Patlajan: It seems we have always gotten along for some reason, no? And your picture also makes me think that I know you. Your witty and sarcastic comments remain unmatched, and I am therefore glad that you use them against me only rarely.

Jahannam: aaaakh jahannam. Am I the only person that has never attempted to kill you? You're a halebtsi, a future hayrenadardz, involved in scouts, and turned out to be my cousin in some weird way (all armenians, just start thinking for 10 minutes, and we'll all end up cousins, trust me). While you may have thought I am the anti-tashnag, I think you have changed your mind ever since reading my last post on the subject (since you haven't replied to it yet...and you ALWAYS have something to say). Ays pedrvar ge desnvink cheeeeeeeee? For Harout's sake!

Surferarmo: I still don't know if I like you or not. I hate your support for Bush, and your relentless support for that grand ol gay party, but I love the fact that through all that, you are one proud armenian. If you ever wish to make me a birthday present, call me and tell me in armenian that you have mastered our great language.

Tigran: I haven't known you for too long, and we have even had a few run-ins some time ago I think, but it's incredible on what good terms we are. Any armenian my age that shares my passion, ideas and dreams is bound to be my VERY good friend. Armenia 2005 it is for our first meeting, and 2023 will be an even more important date

Flames: You kick ass. I don't know what else to say. Funny, smart, patriotic, sometimes evil, member of Armenoholics Anonymous...what else can one ask for? I found quite a few nice spots in Yerevan this summer, where we shall sit down and chat time and time again in the not too distant future.

Alright, that will be all for now.
    Forgive me for my constant rambling, this is quite an emotional moment for me.

To a thousand more posts for every other member (except paraparmo, and superwoman, because that would mean that there would be a 1000 more non-armos signing up to AC…it would kill the poor girl)

Oh, and I find it only fitting that my 1000th post ends with the message I have attempted to convey for quite some time:
    Repatriation IS the only answer.

Thank you.
    Last edited by xBaron Dants; 01-09-2004, 12:44 AM.

Congratulations !!!

Thnk you for nice words, i'll see you in MY STEPANAKERT

btw. have you heard "Tsahkir indz hamar, Erkhir indz hamar" by Aida Sarkisyan ?! I personaly love it

*Hajogh*

Comment

Re: I would like to take this opportunity...

Originally posted by Baron Dants Arvestaked: You seem to be a talented and intellectual person, but I'd have to see your art to judge.
      I will admit that your ramblings in the "other topics" board are somehow captivating, and I also look forward to *same word as with loseyourname* with you.
      Thank you. Not going to happen. Thank you.

Comment

Ur such a sweet guy!

Comment

Thanks man. First kind words from this forum. Hey a good deed never goes unrewarded.

Thanks again man.

Comment

Spiral: I think you're totally bangable.

HAHA, I kid, I kid. I wanted to see your reaction, but then I noticed that I can't see it over the internet. Always a pleasure seeing such bright armenian women.
            gee....I'm flattered...

oh and my reaction at first was...

Paraparmo: kak ger
            looool- since you never say anyhting bad to anyone, this was quite hilarious.

Thank you. Not going to happen. Thank you.
            and that was funny too..

Comment

Re: I would like to take this opportunity...

Originally posted by Baron Dants loseyourname: About 400 posts and I still feel that I barely know you. Your posts are usually very informative and well thought out. I look forward to *I forget the word* with you. (I hope you get what I was trying to say).
              I know what you're trying to say, Baron. Thank you very much. I enjoy your posts immensely. I love that you are so unabashedly idealistic and friendly. Don't ever lose that quality. I'm sure I'll make it to Montreal at some point in my life, and you'll have to show me around. If you're ever in LA . . .

Comment

awwwww

Comment

hey baron

i got an uncle in montreal or toronto somewhere in canada, and you're such a kind guy, that when i come to visit we're gonna have us a barbecue Armenian style. Me and you gotta drink buddy.

Comment

"Baron, I am glad you are on this forum. It wouldn't be the same without our 17 year old idealist, bright and intelligent. I offer these heads as a gift of appreciation".
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X