Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Richard Dawkins interview with Bill O'Reilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Richard Dawkins interview with Bill O'Reilly

Originally posted by axel View Post
    You haven't read/understood my message so I'm not going to insist.
    You don't understand Christ.

I will just add one last thing regarding love.

Maybe you do not love anyone. Maybe you do not love your parents (rather, you choose to "love" them) Yet if you do, the day they will pass away, you will understand that love is not a matter of "choice" as you put it.

Siggie has this interesting quote by Philip K. Dick in her signature:
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away."
    If it's not a matter of choice then by your claim not everyone is capable of giving or receiving it. Not everyone is fortunate to be born into a loving environment, that doesn't mean that they are incapable of learning.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

If it's not a matter of choice then by your claim not everyone is capable of giving or receiving it.
      It depends on the degree of maturity of the individual.

Not everyone is fortunate to be born into a loving environment
      Maturity comes from experience and hardship. A loving environment is not always best suited for that.

that doesn't mean that they are incapable of learning
      It is possible that we agree but I am not at ease with the wording. The way I understand "learning" is "acquiring knowledge". So in my view, it has to do with the intellect. But this is not about knowledge (information), this is about your inner self.

Comment

...this is about your inner self.

Luke 17:20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
        Luke 17:21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

"the kingdom of God is within you", potentially, that is, for the gate is "narrow".

Comment

If you love someone, is that driven by ideology? Is there anything greater than love in life?
          True.

My argument is a rational argument against rationalism. It has no further pretention, precisely because one does not change his/her overall attitude towards life based on an intellectual argument but rather after a spiritual shock induced by hard experience. A spiritual shock may arise from a discussion only if one stops reasoning from the outside but accepts to engage himself in it fully ("existentially"). Most often, this does not happen. The "atheist" sticks to the conceptual/intellectual plane where he sees his counterpart as a "theist", ie a proponent of an opposing "theory" (we have an illustration a bit above)
          Maybe we should define 'life' in the first place as it is a quite vast concept. I'm not talking necessarily about 'changing' your attitude towards life but the one you hold currently, isn't it (at least part of it) inspired by your version of ideology?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Islam is neither racist nor can it in any way be confused with narcissism while todays zionists are unquestionably both...
          I am not attributing those characteristics to Muslum individuals but the nature of Islam in general and its teachings, that is if you've read some Islamic texts and are familiar with the Law.

As for your dislike of Christianity, I must say Christianity is inherently attached to the Armenian soul, culture and being. It is being felt everywhere in Armenia and it's beautiful. Haven't you noticed that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post

As for your dislike of Christianity, I must say Christianity is inherently attached to the Armenian soul, culture and being. It is being felt everywhere in Armenia and it's beautiful. Haven't you noticed that?
            Maybe they should start exporting that... because the rest of the world is getting rather ugly
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin
              Maybe we should define 'life' in the first place as it is a quite vast concept.
              I suggest we listen to some Bach instead: http://www.youtube.com/goliadkine#p/u/2/7yl_eQpi8Ko
              or watch a good choregraphy: http://www.youtube.com/goliadkine#p/u/12/DxAIGDgbP84

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Maybe they should start exporting that... because the rest of the world is getting rather ugly
                I think Axel must have made this phone call.

This is a clip from episode 563 of"The Atheist Experience" TV showWatch the TV show athttp://www.atheist-experience.com/

An example of a fail Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post

This is a clip from episode 563 of"The Atheist Experience" TV showWatch the TV show athttp://www.atheist-experience.com/

It's too bad they only get the dumb callers on those shows... I guess that makes it easier to argue their case.

As far as Abiogenesis goes.... Evolution contradicts the Laws of Science, particularly the Law of Biogenesis.

There has been no scientific evidence that life has been produced through any scientific experiment. Not in any lab or any experiment. This exists only in the minds of evolutionists in the form of wishful thinking. The only thing that scientists have managed to accomplish is the creation of a few strands of amino acids.... with the help of electricity of course.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post

"What are you laughing at? You are laughing at yourself, oh you!" (Gogol)

Comment

I suggest we listen to some Bach instead: http://www.youtube.com/goliadkine#p/u/2/7yl_eQpi8Ko
                      or watch a good choregraphy: http://www.youtube.com/goliadkine#p/u/12/DxAIGDgbP84
                      That is life.

Comment

Working...
                      X