Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion and Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion and Atheism

Originally posted by Sip View Post
    This goes absolutely to the core of the matter. The religious for some reason love to focus on the physical aspects of sex (calling it wrong, perverted, etc). Homosexuality goes far far faaaaaar beyond just a physical act. People commit to each other and live their entire lives in homosexual relationships. That cannot be simply because of the act of sex.

And now from a more practical perspective ... I definitely don't understand the gay male mind at all. I have 0 such desires (of doing exactly what you said). But never the less, there are males that are attracted to other males and there are females that are attracted to other females and it neither starts nor stops with sex organs.
    Perhaps it should be called homomental instead of homosexual. That would imply that it's a psychological disorder and not a biological disorder. In fact, society across all intellect refuses to tackle the fact that it's not "normal".
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 06-14-2011, 09:47 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I think I read that sentence waaay too fast and sort of jumped from start to end and totally got confused ... made me do a double take and read it carefully again.
      It was the choking hazard huh? Oh man... *wipes tears*

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      Perhaps it should be called homomental instead of homosexual. That would imply that it's a psychological disorder and not a biological disorder. In fact, society across all intellect refuses to tackle the fact that it's not "normal".
      I never implied we're mindless. There are biological influences on lots of things though, so I'm not sure why you reject the whole idea. Perhaps we can take a step back and address your claim first.

You're concluding that it is a choice. You're stating a conclusion. I am still not sure what premises led to this conclusion. Can you explain the logic and/or reasoning by which you arrive there please so that we may properly discuss it? Thanks!
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

This would be a fine belief if humans were the only species that had homosexuals as well as males and females. But there are many other high level mammals where we have many documented cases of homosexuality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior

Do you "believe" that those animals are also influenced after birth to be gay or is there perhaps biology at play there but not in humans?
        All them Mammals listed has nothing to do with humans, including the two Penguins stuck in a Zoo (Jail).....however seeing a African male lion banging another must be a sight. I have seen dogs do each other but never chickens. Do you have proof that Male Chimps show those behaviors?

Men like to plug holes and Christianity keeps us focused on correct target.

How can you make women’s Boobs grow?
        Manswers: You give her a crying baby ringtone and call her repeatedly. It is scientifically proven that the sound of a crying baby makes women's breast grow.

BTW, Mother nature doesn't make a mistake.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I am not sure if you are serious here or not. If you are serious, I would ask if you have ever had a cat as pet. I know my cat definitely has me trained very well to do what she wants me to do so either I am stupid, or she is pretty damn smart.
          Animals are neither smart nor stupid because animals can’t think, they don’t have a mind. They, including your beloved cat, act purely on their instincts and their memory. The combination of these two elements (instinct and memory) produces the behaviour which you call “smart”.

I sincerely hope that the Hollywood Virus hasn’t caught up with you, my friend. I’ve seen many young and seemingly smart guys who honestly believe in many things, such as superheroes and smart animals (i.e. “Madagascar”), which Hollywood transmits into their minds.

Homosexuality goes far far faaaaaar beyond just a physical act. People commit to each other and live their entire lives in homosexual relationships. That cannot be simply because of the act of sex.
          Paedophilia also goes “far far faaaaaar beyond just a physical act”. People (say a 50 year old man and a 15 year old boy) commit to each other and live their entire lives in homosexual and paedophilic relationship. That cannot be simply because of the act of sex, can it, Sip?

Well, of course not, because these twin brothers: homosexuality and paedophilia are very serious psychological disorders, they are mind sicknesses of the worst kind and the only way out of them is by healing the mind, which starts by admitting the sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
            This would all be fine and dandy if we could establish that it is in fact a choice among human beings. This is the assumption on which your argument rests. But again, as Sip has said already, this is a big departure from the topic. Perhaps we should turn back to it.
            Choice is present in absolutely everything humans do, or not do. Choice is the name of the road that leads someone to homosexuality, not their birth, the nature or the God. Blaming the latter three is, at best, a classic behaviour of psychologically weak people, and at worst, a deliberate and calculated attempt to attack religions in order to discredit and weaken them in the eyes of the sheeple (the brainless masses) whose numerically superior voice (the so-called democracy) can be used to change laws to suite gays. Attacks on the institute of marriage and attempts to create gay priests, are some examples of the latter.

My message to the gays is this: If you want to be a gay, go for your life! Just be aware that governments will pass laws that will tax your sorry arses so hard that your butt-plugs will pop out from your mouths. Before you b-itch-scream "discrimination" - stop and think: Our (normal family people's) retirement will be supported by the taxes paid by our children who by that time will be grown and working professionals. If the gays aren't taxed significantly more than we are then who is going to pay for their retirement? That's right - the gays want it to be our children! Because there is no one else who can pay, and because gays (being the selfish and sick bastards they are) 9 out of 10 times don't have children and the 1 which will have a child will create and unleash on the society another useless sicko like himself.

Bipolars, when manic, tend to engage in risky behavior, does this mean they chose to be bipolar
            Becoming homosexual is a choice, then, once you are a gay, it is a disease, a disease of the mind that can also lead to many diseases of the body as well. (HIV etc.)
            Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 06-15-2011, 02:37 AM.

Comment

It seems people are terrible at making choices which is why they would be better living under a communist dictatorship where all the choices and decisions are made for them.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                All them Mammals listed has nothing to do with humans, including the two Penguins stuck in a Zoo (Jail).....however seeing a African male lion banging another must be a sight. I have seen dogs do each other but never chickens. Do you have proof that Male Chimps show those behaviors?

Men like to plug holes and Christianity keeps us focused on correct target.

How can you make women’s Boobs grow?
                Manswers: You give her a crying baby ringtone and call her repeatedly. It is scientifically proven that the sound of a crying baby makes women's breast grow.

BTW, Mother nature doesn't make a mistake.
                Do you mean that if Christianity didn't teach people that it's wrong to be gay then guys would be trying to plug other men's holes? Really?! You can say this is what you believe with a straight face?

And mother nature doesn't make mistakes?!
                Umm... Cleft palates, down syndrome, heart abnormalities, etc. What's that about? "Mother Nature" intends for some children to be retarded?

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz View Post
                Animals are neither smart nor stupid because animals can’t think, they don’t have a mind. They, including your beloved cat, act purely on their instincts and their memory. The combination of these two elements (instinct and memory) produces the behaviour which you call “smart”.
                It's pretty simple. You're wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Animals are indeed capable of some thought (and have different size cortexes that correlate with their capacity for thought). It is not my dog's "instict" to give me a tissue out of the box when I sneeze. I taught him that. He learned that. I don't know how you're defining "mind", but it's irrelevant anyway because you're wrong that they cannot think. How do you think human beings learn if not with memory? And without prior experiences (again memory), we'd have nothing to draw on to help us make sense of our world, know how to act in various situations, predict outcomes, etc. Just using ones memory is a form of thought.

I recommend brushing up on some Cognition reading. You are woefully uninformed.

Paedophilia also goes “far far faaaaaar beyond just a physical act”. People (say a 50 year old man and a 15 year old boy) commit to each other and live their entire lives in homosexual and paedophilic relationship. That cannot be simply because of the act of sex, can it, Sip?

Well, of course not, because these twin brothers: homosexuality and paedophilia are very serious psychological disorders, they are mind sicknesses of the worst kind and the only way out of them is by healing the mind, which starts by admitting the sickness.
                This isn't really a fair comparison... Minors are not capable of consent and so to compare homosexuality to pedophilia is misleading. I think this is an attractive comparison for you because you want to make homosexuality sound perverted and wrong and you're trying to accomplish this by association.

I'm not aware of any evidence (scientific style efficacy) that shows that those programs they have to "cure" people of their homosexuality work. Why do you think that would be, if it's a choice or if it's curable?

Choice is present in absolutely everything humans do, or not do. Choice is the name of the road that leads someone to homosexuality, not their birth, the nature or the God.
                As I said to Kanada. This is a conclusion. In a valid argument, you start with premises that lead to a particular conclusion. How do you arrive at this conclusion? What set of facts logically lead here?

Blaming the latter three is, at best, a classic behaviour of psychologically weak people, and at worst, a deliberate and calculated attempt to attack religions in order to discredit and weaken them in the eyes of the sheeple (the brainless masses) whose numerically superior voice (the so-called democracy) can be used to change laws to suite gays. Attacks on the institute of marriage and attempts to create gay priests, are some examples of the latter.
                That's funny (and ironic in the context of your post) because don't they call congregations "flocks"?
                Don't get all offended by the way; I'm not calling you a sheep. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

It is not a violation of the "institute of marriage." Churches are separate and they can deny gays to marry in them to their hearts content.
                What they cannot do however is deny them legal marriage because that is separate from the church. Gotta love separation of church and state!

My message to the gays is this: If you want to be a gay, go for your life! Just be aware that governments will pass laws that will tax your sorry arses so hard that your butt-plugs will pop out from your mouths. Before you b-itch-scream "discrimination" - stop and think: Our (normal family people's) retirement will be supported by the taxes paid by our children who by that time will be grown and working professionals. If the gays aren't taxed significantly more than we are then who is going to pay for their retirement? That's right - the gays want it to be our children! Because there is no one else who can pay, and because gays (being the selfish and sick bastards they are) 9 out of 10 times don't have children and the 1 which will have a child will create and unleash on the society another useless sicko like himself.
                You need to ask your parents to review manners with you because this is unjustifiably offensive, not to mention a violation of the forum rules.

This is an absurd suggestion. If someone is heterosexual and doesn't have children, we don't deny them medicare or social security. Nor do we vary what is paid out according to how many children one has. These services are for people who pay into the system and last I checked, there's no homosexual tax evasion scheme.

Becoming homosexual is a choice, then, once you are a gay, it is a disease, a disease of the mind that can also lead to many diseases of the body as well. (HIV etc.)
                Promiscuous and risky sex, homosexual OR heterosexual, can lead to sexually-communicable diseases.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

• All the people that put animals on the same level as humans need to be locked up.... preferably in a mental institution with their pets.

As I said to Kanada. This is a conclusion. In a valid argument, you start with premises that lead to a particular conclusion. How do you arrive at this conclusion? What set of facts logically lead here?
                  It's a lifestyle CHOICE. Many people choose to be bi or gay or straight... they build their life around sex and do whatever they prefer. In cases where there are hormonal imbalances or mental issues, then it's more of how the individual perceives the opposite/same gender.

Do you mean that if Christianity didn't teach people that it's wrong to be gay then guys would be trying to plug other men's holes? Really?! You can say this is what you believe with a straight face?
                  Are you really this dense? I didn't think it was possible.... if you don't teach children anything, what the hell do you think they'll end up doing?

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye
                    All the people that put animals on the same level as humans need to be locked up.... preferably in a mental institution with their pets.
                    I don't think anyone here did this. But to say they're incapable of thought is incorrect.

Originally posted by KanadaHye
                    It's a lifestyle CHOICE. Many people choose to be bi or gay or straight... they build their life around sex and do whatever they prefer. In cases where there are hormonal imbalances or mental issues, then it's more of how the individual perceives the opposite/same gender.
                    Putting it in caps or repeating it enough doesn't make it true. I'll ask again... support your conclusion!

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Are you really this dense? I didn't think it was possible.... if you don't teach children anything, what the hell do you think they'll end up doing?
                    I've told you this multiple times... Comment on my post and not me as a person. It's also good to be flexible in thought (I think I've heard this called thinking outside the box? ) and consider the possibility that there are other reasons why people don't agree with you (e.g. you've done a crappy job of supporting your position) other than they're "dense."

The fact that the human population was growing just fine before Christianity, demonstrates that people know how and with whom to have sex without being "taught."

Comment

The fact that the human population was growing just fine before Christianity, demonstrates that people know how and with whom to have sex without being "taught."
                      That's because they had the knowledge at one point and didn't need Christ until they strayed from God and starting behaving wickedly.

Comment

Working...
                      X