Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

No Newbie thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Dants Are you taking courses? Or is a family member teaching you? Or did you just say it's going great to shut me up?

As for Canada, one fewer Republican would make us crazy left-wing Canucks a lot happier and more prosperous...but not you. Give us Ashcroft's head anyday!
    Baron, I thought you might like this. And you said Florida was a mess! HA. Because you are liberal and you allow everyone else to make decisions for you, before you know it, it will be your head on a plate (I would miss you).

Since you guys are dominantly populated with people of French ancestory, will Canada be asking President Bush to globalize his tax cut policy?

Enjoy the article.

"Dear Citizens:
    Please read this.
    We in Canada have a very serious problem with corruption in our voting process .It has been going on since before 1969.
    We have a very old voting system that is seiously flawed. First, it has to be understood how a voting station works. Our polling stations are manned by volunteer witnesses from the different represented parties, all activities, and ballot counting is witnessed by them. When the polling station closes, the witnesses manually count all ballots for each riding. Then the results are reported by telephone to the Solicitor Generals office in Ottawa. At which time the solicitor general can enter any vote results he or she feels like entering, as there are no witnesses present for this process. In Canada, there is no way to verify those results. As all ballots are blank. The ballots are useless once the witnesses leave the polling stations. There is no way to verify the accuracy of the information that the solicitor enters in the computer bank. We have no safe guards against the corruption of our vote results. Most corruption will occur in highly populated areas. Since these activities will likely not be noticed.
    It is to be understood that if even the smallest possibility for vote corruption exists. Then all possible safe guards should be put in place for the witnesses, to eliminate it.
    I suggest that we put into place a system where all ballots have a unique UPC bar code on the backside. Then each polling station would be allotted a predetermined number of ballots. The location of each and every ballot would be accounted for, through the whole voting process. The ballots would randomly be given out to voters at each polling station. At the end of the day the used and unused ballots could be counted manually as well as with a computerized counting machine (computer). All activities need to be monitored by the volunteer (public) witnesses. The ballots will still need to be counted manually. In this way, all ballots will be accounted for in the whole country. To further safeguard, each and every volunteer will be given a printed signed copy of the results, to keep. So that results can be collaborated in the future by the volunteers at an on line site or manually through public records. There will also be other security safe guards put in place to ensure that the possibility for corruption never exists again.
    Note; The chief reporting electoral officer should have no authority to do any certifying of vote results without public witnesses from the represented parties being present to witness his certification activities…
    Our votes need to be protected. Our democracy starts at the polling stations on the day we vote. Lets make sure it does not stop there!
    I AM A PROUD AND FREE CANADIAN…
    Sincerely, Mr. Daniel Jude Towsey [email protected] "

I suggest you read it for yourself.

Comment

Back to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo Back to the top.
        Definitely like old times.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Leave Baron alone you Rush Limbagh wanna be !

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo (...)

"Dear Citizens:
            Please read this.
            We in Canada have a very serious problem with corruption in our voting process .(...)
            2000 - election map - USA

It seems like the no man's lands voted bush (Al Gore = Bush + 330 000).
            Corruption ? no, democracy
            There is still too much work in USA to focus on Canada.
            Last edited by felizitation; 01-23-2004, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan Leave Baron alone you Rush Limbagh wanna be !
              Oh, there was some attempt to provoke me in that post? Sorry surfer, I didn't notice.

I'm sorry however, as I can't take anyone who pretends that American elections are less corrupt than the Canadian ones seriously. Come on surfer, your president was't even elected by the people, he was appointed by the SUPREME COURT!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants Oh, there was some attempt to provoke me in that post? Sorry surfer, I didn't notice.

I'm sorry however, as I can't take anyone who pretends that American elections are less corrupt than the Canadian ones seriously. Come on surfer, your president was't even elected by the people, he was appointed by the SUPREME COURT!
                (*telling Baron something that only canadian and french can understand*)

Ca va ? Tu penses qu'ils vont s'ennerver si on commence à parler en francais ? Je pense que je fais qd meme beaucoup d'erreurs en anglais pour etre compris. Par exemple, le post juste avant le tien...
                Bon ca suffit, ils vont penser qu'on est en train de monter une conspiration francophone.

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation 2000 - election map - USA

It seems like the no man's lands voted bush (Al Gore = Bush + 330 000).
                  Corruption ? no, democracy
                  There is still too much work in USA to focus on Canada.
                  I would also argue that there is far much work to be done in Canada, before they focus on the U.S. For instance, HAVING ACCOUNTABILITY IN THEIR VOTING SYSTEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants Oh, there was some attempt to provoke me in that post? Sorry surfer, I didn't notice.

Of course you noticed...you responded. That is old news and his fair election was publicized. The Canadians however censor the news from themselves and from Americans to appear perfect. Where do your canidates get their votes from? Or do they just make up a number, and know that no one is listening.

Hey guys, I am Canadian, lets critique America so we can feel better about our lame duck system and the fact that we dont have Disney Land.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Definitely like old times.
                      Well, I am conservative.

Comment

Working...
                      X