Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

hellow to all the great people of armenia. i have some questions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hellow to all the great people of armenia. i have some questions please

Hi, my name is ze'ev. I'm from Israel and if I may I will be happy to ask you people some questions.

Well, in something like 1.5- 2 months I'm planning on having a trip to your beautiful country (I've seen photos over google) and I wanted to ask some questions:
    1) Is it ok for an Israeli to visit your country? Will I have any problem due to the fact that I'm Israeli?
    2) What are the prices? I'm planning on seeing the villages and the countryside, for example, how much (in American dollars) will coast a meal? And how much will cost a night in a small motel/lodge?
    3) Is it ok to come with sleeping bags and sleep outside in your countryside?
    4) How is the weather in the time I'm planning on coming? When is the best time to come?

I'll be happy to have any other good information

Thank you all

Re: hellow to all the great people of armenia. i have some questions please

Shalom roycegracie, you are welcome ... ^^
    Last edited by HermanGerman; 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Shalom roycegracie and welcome to the forum! Here's a general response to your questions.

1) You should have absolutely no problems visiting Armenia as an Israeli. If your question is more about visa requirements, if you are an Israeli citizen, a visa will be issued to you upon your arrival to Zvartnots airport.

2) Prices are most likely cheaper than they are in Israel. Food and transportation especially are very cheap. Yerevan has the highest prices but since you're going to be visiting the villages, I don't think you'll have a problem with money.

3) Yes it is. Armenia is a relatively safe country compared to everywhere else in the world.

4) Weather is sunny, hot but not humid and awaiting your arrival

As additional information, I recommend you visit the Artsakh region (also known as Karabakh) if you truly want a unique and outdoor experience. It is mountainous with dense forests, I think you're looking for such an experience.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by roycegracie View Post
        Hi, my name is ze'ev. I'm from Israel and if I may I will be happy to ask you people some questions.

Well, in something like 1.5- 2 months I'm planning on having a trip to your beautiful country (I've seen photos over google) and I wanted to ask some questions:
        1) Is it ok for an Israeli to visit your country? Will I have any problem due to the fact that I'm Israeli?
        2) What are the prices? I'm planning on seeing the villages and the countryside, for example, how much (in American dollars) will coast a meal? And how much will cost a night in a small motel/lodge?
        3) Is it ok to come with sleeping bags and sleep outside in your countryside?
        4) How is the weather in the time I'm planning on coming? When is the best time to come?

I'll be happy to have any other good information

Thank you all
        1) Israelis and joos are treated just fine in Armenia you won't have problems unless you go out of your way to find them. Armenia is one of the safest countries in the world and has one of the lowest murder rates.

2) Prices in nice hotels can host from $100 to 350 (if not more) a night. I'm not sure about motels, that concept hasn't really taken root in Armenia, there are some lower end hotels that may fit your needs and/or budget. There are some youth hostels as well and they are about 15 or $20, and located in central Yerevan. Meals are cheap, a full meal in a decent restaurant will not cost you more than 15 or 20, and I emphasize a full meal.

3) Yes, while it is not common you certainly may sleep in the countryside, probably best to sleep on public land. Some parts of the countryside are quite secluded so be sure you have important items in case an emergency arises.

4) The weather in Yerevan will be hot and dry, the countryside, especially in the north and southeast will be more mild since they are in higher elevations. Expect lots of sun in and near Yerevan.

You can explore much of Yerevan by foot or public transportation which is very helpful and quite inexpensive. Yerevan offers a metro line, buses and mini buses, and many taxis.

I see you're a BJJ fan by your username
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Hello and welcome Ze'ev

Federate already answered your questions well. Armenia is truly underrated as a country to visit for tourists. A lot of history there, some of the oldest churches you will see, though being from Israel that may not be a new thing to you.

I've seen Israeli citizens visit Armenia and recently El Al airlines signed a codeshare agreement with Armenia's national airlines, Armavia, I guess to promote tourism also.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Thank you all great people... I don't know anything about your country but I'm now sure that I want to visit.
            I haven't introduced myself well,
            My name is ze'ev, I'm a muay Thai (Thai boxing) coach and an owner of a small site building company in Israel,
            I love traveling, and have been to the USA, MEXICO, FRANCE, TURKY, EYGEPT, SERBIA, MACEDONIA, BULGARIA, INDIA and more..

I love the country side, the old places, the native people and unique kind of food..

Thank you all for the long and good answers, I have some more if I may:
            1) Is it possible to cross the border to Azerbaijan? I have read that you had problems with them in the past
            2) In some places I go to I buy a motorcycle and travel with it, motorcycle is common in Armenia? Will I be able to buy one? (Or only rent?)

Thank you all good people

Comment

Originally posted by roycegracie View Post
              Thank you all great people... I don't know anything about your country but I'm now sure that I want to visit.
              I haven't introduced myself well,
              My name is ze'ev, I'm a muay Thai (Thai boxing) coach and an owner of a small site building company in Israel,
              I love traveling, and have been to the USA, MEXICO, FRANCE, TURKY, EYGEPT, SERBIA, MACEDONIA, BULGARIA, INDIA and more..

I love the country side, the old places, the native people and unique kind of food..

Thank you all for the long and good answers, I have some more if I may:
              1) Is it possible to cross the border to Azerbaijan? I have read that you had problems with them in the past
              2) In some places I go to I buy a motorcycle and travel with it, motorcycle is common in Armenia? Will I be able to buy one? (Or only rent?)

Thank you all good people
              1) No you can't cross to Azerbaijan from Armenia. I don't know if you know, but Armenia and Azerbaijan are still officially in a state of war, of course there has been a ceasefire in place for more than 10 years, so don't be afraid of war. You can go to Azerbaijan only through Georgia.

2) Honestly, motorcycles are rather rare in Armenia - you are better off getting a car. I believe though there are some bike tours.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

ok, thank you !

may i ask how much you pay per liter fuel in armenia ?

thank you again for the good info

Comment

that one i can tell you. its about 400 to 430 dram per liter. its very cheap. food is cheap your stay will be cheap,also you can relax in http://www.hotels.am/Vayots_dzor/jermuk_ashkhar.php enjoy your stay.

Comment

Working...
                  X