Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Regarding Art and Abstraction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Art and Abstraction...

When referring to a work of art you cannot say that something is "somewhat abstract" or "very abstract"; that simply does not make any sense. A work of art is either figurative or abstract. Picasso and Rembrandt painted figurative. Clyfford Still and Mark Rothko painted abstract.

post scriptum: This was influenced by a post I read.

- 1 for lack of content

+4 for effort and point across

And the fans wanna hug the author.

Achkerov kute.

Comment

in my point of view abstraction is close to absurd,( it gives enough freedom of interperetation though)...

Picasso was one of the greatest enchanters,agitator and initiator of surrealism.Picasso's vision, neither realistic nor abstract (golden midium ).succeeded in blending observation and intuition in single impulse.Picasso can be anything but abstract artist....
      ...ART= vision + mission....

Abstarct= vision
      I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

ARVY as i promissed....

it's my point of view...sorry buddy i couln't send it...lol was tooooooo longgggggggggg...

The art of XX century has produced numerous kinds of abstract compositions. Indeed, abstract art has become overwhelmingly dominating by the end of the century. One of the reasons could be the objective tendency to the emancipation of artistic creativity (partially inspired by the appearance of new technologies), when everybody feels right to try making art without any regard for the tradition of presenting artistic creativity as a "God's gift" and the property of elite. Abstract art often seems more accessible to an unskilled person desiring to quickly get some result without years of training and perfectioning. Just take a computer and apply the standard image-processing tools --- or take a heap of random things and create an installation. However, in most cases such an attitude leads to anything but art, and the creators, well feeling their failure, have to invent special conceptualizations to justify the existence of that rotten junk, which only a mad millionaire may pay for. Popularity gets dissolved in vulgarity.

But there is another side of the problem, the necessity of graduality in development and comprehension. Thus, a child has to spoil many sheets of paper and pencils before it comes to any comprehensible drawing, or writing. In the same way, the humanity has to produce tons of junk before discovering what was worth to produce. In a folded manner, this historical selection has to be reproduced in the work of any artist. Thus, one might recall a film of Picasso's raw sketching for a future big painting, showing the admirable work of a great master, his numerous rearrangements of lines, with almost imperceptible adjustment of graphical intonation. The same process can be observed in the work of many great poets and writers. Few artists can create anything instantly, in a finite form, without several trial variants. And even when such a creation apparently takes place, the preliminary trial actions are still present, being folded in the artist internal preparation for the work.
        It's about abstract....
        But i think we have different opinions about surrealism... get ready my next post will be about surrealism... and belive it or not Picasso was one of the initiators of surrealism (Back to 1925)
        cheers
        I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Working...
        X