Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Atheism and being Armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atheism and being Armenian

Originally posted by Mikael View Post
    I don't think that it is good for us to be atheists. We were first Christians in world and we must be proud with it!
    I don't think that it is good for us to be Christians. We were first Armenian Pagans in world and we must be proud with it!

Comment

Religion is not necessary for anything. A lot of people claim that morality is based on religion, but that's complete nonsense. You don't have to be religious to be a good individual and you don't need to be a Christian to be Armenian.

Comment

Amen brotha!
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Samael View Post
          Religion is not necessary for anything. A lot of people claim that morality is based on religion, but that's complete nonsense. You don't have to be religious to be a good individual and you don't need to be a Christian to be Armenian.
          Just wondering. Do I have to be a J3w to get full rights in Israel?
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Israel is a semi-theocratic, semi-fascist state.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Implying I'm a j3w? lol
              I wouldn't know.

Comment

Implying I'm a j3w? lol
                I wouldn't know.
                Nah, I was just wondering and thought you might know.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Nah, I was just wondering and thought you might know.
                  An old childhood friend of mine lives in Israel, he's half j3wish and half Russian. He says that arabs in Israel have equal rights, but I'd take his words with a grain of salt for obvious reasons.

Comment

An old childhood friend of mine lives in Israel, he's half j3wish and half Russian. He says that arabs in Israel have equal rights, but I'd take his words with a grain of salt for obvious reasons.
                    Well, although religion doesn't necessarily create the Armenian identity, it does, however, play a role in preserving it. Think of it like this... you are less likely to change as a person if you're always reminding yourself of who you are. Although it's good to be diverse as a nation, there are certain aspects that should tie everyone together. When Armenians began diverting from each other in their ways of life, there was a slow and steady decline in "Armenian-ness". For example, there aren't many Armenians who consider "Islamized Armenians" as part of our group... divisions like this (somewhat our fault for having this mentality) are not good as a people since it significantly reduces our chances of survival. Consider reading the link below:

The Armenian ethnoreligious elements in the Western Armenia

http://www.noravank.am/eng/issues/de...LEMENT_ID=3724

Comment

Well, although religion doesn't necessarily create the Armenian identity, it does, however, play a role in preserving it. Think of it like this... you are less likely to change as a person if you're always reminding yourself of who you are. Although it's good to be diverse as a nation, there are certain aspects that should tie everyone together. When Armenians began diverting from each other in their ways of life, there was a slow and steady decline in "Armenian-ness". For example, there aren't many Armenians who consider "Islamized Armenians" as part of our group... divisions like this (somewhat our fault for having this mentality) are not good as a people since it significantly reduces our chances of survival. Consider reading the link below:

The Armenian ethnoreligious elements in the Western Armenia

http://www.noravank.am/eng/issues/de...LEMENT_ID=3724
                      I see where you're coming from but what I was trying to say there was that we, not just Armenians but human beings in general, don't really need religion, or should I say it should have never become such a big part of our cultures in the first place. Surely you agree that there are more than enough cultural traits other than religion that would unite Armenians or that "official" Armenians could share? For all we know, we could have been muslims had our ancestors not bought into the judeo christian fairy tales. Not that I'd want to be muslim, I find the quran to be even more ridiculous than the the tora/bible. I mean, let's face it, quran is basically a rip off. Essentially, they took a few known figures out of the tora/bible, gave them muslim names and put them in their magic book along with the whole Muhammad thing. But, I digress.
                      As far as I'm concerned, as long as you consider yourself Armenian, you are. I don't speak Armenian, I've never been to Armenia, I was born in a muslim soviet state, most of my friends were Russians, I don't practice any religion, and yet at no point in my life did I view myself as someone other than Armenian.

Comment

Working...
                      X