Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Asking for help to my thesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asking for help to my thesis

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    An excellent source for a compendium of news reports is Groong / Armenian News Index, at http://xecutrix.usc.edu/news/

But you can do none of this and hope to quickly make deep conclusions (by quickly, I mean in less than 5 years!).
    Thank you for your tip, I will see it. As I've already said that I don't wantto make deep conclusions from the answers I get here. I was just curious about average people's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
      Thank you for your tip, I will see it. As I've already said that I don't wantto make deep conclusions from the answers I get here. I was just curious about average people's opinion.
      The person in question is not Armenian and not in the quite right place to give you orientation on this matter. Most of his opinions are biased, according to many.
      I suggest you browse some serious threads to get an idea. But in short, generally speaking we Armenians today in the political sphere seek to maintain stable, friendly relations primarily with rising countries such as Russia, Iran and China. The close relations are maintained not only on political but also economic, social and cultural levels. The Russia-Armenia-Iran axe has constituted a barrier against the further expansion of Zionist/American corrupt policy towards the region and more importantly is keeping the spread of pan-Turkism at bay. A balanced policy is also being pursued in relations with the EU and America.

Comment

But the conclusions that are not deep conclusions are probably going to be faulty or premature conclusions. Or, at the very least, conclusions you daren't argue the point about.

BTW, I do not believe the opinions expressed on this forum are average peoples' opinions. Armenia could not function as a society if they were held by the majority of ROA Armenians.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          I suggest you browse some serious threads to get an idea. But in short, generally speaking we Armenians today in the political sphere seek to maintain stable, friendly relations primarily with rising countries such as Russia, Iran and China. The close relations are maintained not only on political but also economic, social and cultural levels. The Russia-Armenia-Iran axe has constituted a barrier against the further expansion of Zionist/American corrupt policy towards the region and more importantly is keeping the spread of pan-Turkism at bay. A balanced policy is also being pursued in relations with the EU and America.
          The above are all excuses used to maintain the current mafiosi-led regime in Armenia. However, they are not actually believed by anyone, even by those saying them.

And very few posters here actually live in Armenia. There is a Russian-language forum that is used more often by inhabitants of Armenia, but I forget the url, forum.hayastan or something like that.
          Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            The above are all excuses used to maintain the current mafiosi-led regime in Armenia. However, they are not actually believed by anyone, even by those saying them.

And very few posters here actually live in Armenia. There is a Russian-language forum that is used more often by inhabitants of Armenia, but I forget the url, forum.hayastan or something like that.
            Actually Azrael, those are facts acknowledged by anyone who has a clue about politics surrounding Armenia. You know it's one thing when you disrespect a lot of members on the forums but disrespecting female forum members says a lot about your character.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

student, you will find most Armenians on the English-speaking Internet are not in Armenia. So the opinions you will get will vary greatly. But Armenia is your typical post-Soviet era small country which is trying to recover from the massive disaster of the USSR braking up and leaving it completely crippled on its own. Armenia has made huge strides in the past two decades in attracting a lot of tourism and businesses while trying to minimize the mass-exodus of all the young people leaving.

But of course it faces many deep deep deep rooted systematic problems in terms of corruption, organized crime, and just basic lack of many infrastructures so it is very much a country that is trying to rebuild and reinvent itself.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

. I was just curious about average people's opinion.
                I told you: the category "average" is not working for armenians. You never will find an "average" armenian. ))

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                The person in question is not Armenian and not in the quite right place to give you orientation on this matter. Most of his opinions are biased, according to many.
                I think "student" never asked your opinion on what you think "we armenians" want to do

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                  whatever the interests supporting this position, what Lucin stated is mostly factual as far as foreign policy appears to be conducted, apart from the "barrier against the further expansion of Zionist/American corrupt policy" which is an ideological interpretation that is more to do with wishful thinking than anything else imho.

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                  I think "student" never asked your opinion on what you think "we armenians" want to do
                  I think this comment of yours is misplaced at best.

Comment

ideology may be used to instrument people but my feeling (from outside, i live in france) is there is no state ideology per se driving policies.

Comment

rather "pragmatism" / private interests of the minority in power that coincide with the foreign policy being followed.
                      (a minority which does not seem too concerned about the actual fate of the nation, otherwise it would take more effective measures/concentrate its efforts on changing the unhealthy climate that lead people to leave the country)

Comment

Working...
                      X