Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Hard to imagine that a man would go through college and think dinosaurs are a conspiracy. Hey Mos you gota be kidding about judging people man. I do believe heaven and hell are part of the chrystian belife structure. You dont even have to go that far-just go to any church in the armenian diaspora and its a fashion show with ladies judging other ladies and gossiping. Ill take some pics of 60 yearold women dressed up like a 20 yearold begging for attention in church and you can be the "judge" yourself. This wonderful religion that brought us the spanish inquisition is surely a great argument against judging others-do you even believe the bs that you type?
    I know those ladies that gossip in Church, and I find it very wrong. Church is a place of sanctuary to pray, to think about your sins, to ask for forgiveness, it is the house of God and there needs to be more respect to it. I'm not going to say those women are "evil", but I can say that their act of doing that in the church is wrong. And when it comes to thinglike inquisition, well it was done by the Catholic Church, but I really don't understand this BS logic that if any Christian Church in the world commits a failure that somehow makes the Christian faith invalid.

Please read this:

The church that is described in Acts 2:41-47 is a xxxish church, worshipping as we would expect of a group of new xxxish converts. It is a church of very new believers, who exhibit the vital signs of new life in Christ. This is not a church that has “arrived;” it is a church that has a good start and is moving in the right direction. It is a church that loves God and others. It is a Spirit-filled church that is moving toward the fulfillment of the Great Commission. But it is not a perfect church.

In the end, you can't use the failures of some churches throughout history to invalidate the Christian faith.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I have refrained from this ?conversation? for many personal reasons.
      Although I shall not speak to the heart of the matter in a direct fashion(my style),I will say 3 things.
      The inappropriate conduct mentioned that is taking place in Armenian churches, is also taking place in all other churches that I know of as well as Synogogues/Temples etc.. Also this inappropriate behavior is taking place amongst the none religious as well.
      (2) Although anyone can make up the definition of a word or alter the definition of a word(chaos) that is inappropriate and wrong even though it happens a lot.
      The word "Christian" or "Christ" is a transliteration of the Greek word "christo".
      The Greek word "christo" is a translation of the Hebrew word "mashia"(sp?).
      The English transliteration of the Hebrew word "mashia" is "Messia"(sp? On both).
      The Hebrew word "mashia" (sp?) literally means --- anointed or chosen.
      That is why when the "christian" a ship they literally wack it with a bottle of booze(anoint).
      Said I had three things to say but meant 4, sorry.
      (3) Of the people that got off the Ark beside Noah, 3 were mentioned .
      Japheth, Ham, & Shem. They were brothers.
      Ham did something that literally --- enraged --- Noah, and was told by Noah in no uncertain words to get out and not return.
      That left the two brothers, Japheth & Shem.
      Shem was Japheth's little brother, and Japheth was Shem's big brother.
      Japheth watched out for his little brother all the days of his life,and Shem looked up to his older brother all the days of his life.
      Pretty sure no one will get no. 4, or really cares but here goes ---
      --- a very old saying --- --- dead men don't lie ---
      Artashes
      Last edited by Artashes; 11-21-2012, 09:47 PM. Reason: Mean should be men

Comment

It clearly states in the Bible (Free Will)..if people don't want to know about GOD or believe in him, it's there choice but there is going to be a day of judgement where no matter what you will have to give an answer....in the book of Revelations it's speaks on judgment a lot more.
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
          It clearly states in the Bible (Free Will)..if people don't want to know about GOD or believe in him, it's there choice but there is going to be a day of judgement where no matter what you will have to give an answer....in the book of Revelations it's speaks on judgment a lot more.
          When do you think the Day of Judgement will be?

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
            This. People often forget that in Christianity there's a inherent freedom, which is not present in the other main religions (Islam/Judaism).
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
              When do you think the Day of Judgement will be?
              Only Schwarzenegger knows.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Only Schwarzenegger knows.
                Funny,a guy who couldn't even tell who his wife was (a man only has sex with his wife).

In a dream I once had, I had a question asked to me by someone who was so old I fail in my ability to describe eternity.
                The question was --- what can you count on for sure ---
                I thought for a few moments and then said I needed more time to think as I couldn't come up with an answer emmediatly.
                After several days I thought I had the answer for sure.
                Sorry gotta go
                Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  Funny,a guy who couldn't even tell who his wife was (a man only has sex with his wife).

In a dream I once had, I had a question asked to me by someone who was so old I fail in my ability to describe eternity.
                  The question was --- what can you count on for sure ---
                  I thought for a few moments and then said I needed more time to think as I couldn't come up with an answer emmediatly.
                  After several days I thought I had the answer for sure.
                  Sorry gotta go
                  Artashes
                  So after several days of pondering I thought to myself --- the answer to this question was very simple, quite obvious and --- absolutely --- correct.
                  I had -- the -- answer. Death.
                  One might dodge the tax man, and get by with it. One might lie and connive like a turk, and "seemingly get by with it. But no matter who you are , you can't dodge death.
                  I thought my answer was infallible.
                  And so I laid down to sleep and did fall into a slumber.
                  Once again this ancient of days did appear in my dreams and asked if I had an answer to the question ----------- what can you count on for sure ---
                  I said death, it's the only thing that's for sure.
                  Sorry have to go back to work
                  Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye
                    Your reasoning for the claim that they can't possibly be fabricated because somebody would blow the whistle relies on the belief that someone who isn't corrupt would eventually expose the scam. If you were being granted large sums of money for traveling to parts of the world, how much would you be willing to bend the truth?
                    You're adhering to the motto "follow the money" but you're being selective in the application. If you were being granted large sums of money to espouse the claims of the bible (tax free I might add) it would give you a huge incentive to protect your beliefs even if there was no evidence. Religion so far has been a much bigger business than science particularly because more people follow religion today and especially before the 21st century. The pope lives in a palace, average priests can drive BMWs and don't have to pay taxes on their earnings. At least scientists and scientific institutions contribute to the community by paying taxes unlike religious agents. Now look at which of the two groups are preaching "modesty" and "charity". Despite all I just said, none of it proves that religious beliefs are incorrect - They are incorrect because they lack evidence.

The fact that there is money involved in something does not prove anything, because then everything on the planet would be a hoax or a conspiracy. That's an auxiliary or supporting point. Your main point should be to show how a sample of bones is actually fake, which you cannot do.

Originally posted by PepsiAddict
                    Originally posted by Mos
                    This. People often forget that in Christianity there's a inherent freedom, which is not present in the other main religions (Islam/Judaism).
                    Do either of you believe that a person who lives a good life but does not believe in the bible, Jesus or God will be cast into hell?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                      Do either of you believe that a person who lives a good life but does not believe in the bible, Jesus or God will be cast into hell?
                      I don't believe in hell. I do believe that we have a short time to make something with our lives and either leave this place a little better or a little worse than we found it. I do believe in planning for a better future. I also believe in the power of vision (that is, having the power to make your vision become reality).

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                      You're adhering to the motto "follow the money" but you're being selective in the application. If you were being granted large sums of money to espouse the claims of the bible (tax free I might add) it would give you a huge incentive to protect your beliefs even if there was no evidence. Religion so far has been a much bigger business than science particularly because more people follow religion today and especially before the 21st century.
                      That's fine but you didn't answer my question. If I were to pay you $120,000 a year and on top of that you get to travel all expenses paid, would you look the other way if you saw something that wasn't legit?

Keep in mind that some dinosaur exhibits were destroyed in WWII along with the evidence and all that remains are published material... would you still believe in dinosaurs 2 or 3 thousand years from now if all the evidence was lost in wars and all that remained was books... ??
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X