Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
    So, you dehumanize other people for the sake of justifying your own ideology? Nice!

You must be very young, and very limited in your education and critical thinking skills. You'd fit right in with the Taliban! You can even go throw stones at women who are accused of sleeping around. Really, you come across more as a caricature than a real person.

My insults aren't thinly veiled at all. They're right there, out in the open. You don't really inspire or compel me to veil anything, as veiling would be a sign of deference and respect. I give deference and respect freely to those who merit it, not to people who feel entitled to it because of what's dangling between their legs.
    I never dehumanised anybody. I have a lot of respect for women. But my respect is much greater towards the woman who are strong willed enough to keep their integrity and reputation intact. To be elegant and modest in behaviour and appearance. To be dedicated to their family and children above all. This is not dehumanisation. Dehumanisation is some of the xxxxxs that you see that will sleep with any guy, that rebel from their family, that are vulgar in both behaviour and appearance. And I won't respond to your immature insults.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I wonder if the Armenian penguins are blaming the Penguin West and the TV for this or this.

I would even be more curious to see if there is a penguin equivalent of Mos who is posting in some penguin forum about respectable penguins
      Last edited by Sip; 05-04-2012, 11:12 AM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Mos, I think you live in a fairytale lifestyle
        (just saying).
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Oh... and just to follow up, Mos, I guess the French people didn't really agree with Sarkozy's politics all that much, and so out he went! You see? It's not so much what "leaders" think should guide a nation's aspirations, but rather the people themselves.

And I agree with PepsiAddict on the fairytale lifestyle thing. The characters all seem to be in place for you: The evil witch (the feminists of the world); the big bad wolf (anyone who is "other"); the scary forest (the world beyond your narrow boundaries); the prince charming (who goes around looking for the "perfect" virginal maiden locked in a tower); and the virginal maiden herself, so pure that she's never been touched by the hand of man (the dwarves don't count)...

Anyhow, keep us posted on how well you do actually living out your fantasies.

Comment

What you (those who subscribe to a similar set of beliefs/values as Mos) fail to appreciate is that the women who are best equipped to be good partners and parents are going to tend to disagree with you and hearing that this is what you all seek, will RUN the other way.
            An intelligent, capable, resourceful woman would be offended at being undervalued this way and would want no part of this.

You find it easy to dismiss all those women who disagree as "wh0res" who are motivated by nothing but their desire for sex (projecting much? ) but that's all that is... a convenient way for you to deal with the dissenters.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

But Siggie! These folks think they aren't undervaluing women. They are idealizing women, so to speak... without realizing that idealization is just another form of objectification, and that it's just as offensive!

There are women who will be fine with a lifestyle of subservience and objectification. I know several. But they are not happy. They are either miserable but feel stuck (especially if they don't feel they have options), or are finding ways to live life fully outside of their marriages.

For unenlightened men, the demands of patriarchy will always come before anything else, including their happiness and that of the people they claim to love.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
                But Siggie! These folks think they aren't undervaluing women. They are idealizing women, so to speak... without realizing that idealization is just another form of objectification, and that it's just as offensive!

There are women who will be fine with a lifestyle of subservience and objectification. I know several. But they are not happy. They are either miserable but feel stuck (especially if they don't feel they have options), or are finding ways to live life fully outside of their marriages.

For unenlightened men, the demands of patriarchy will always come before anything else, including their happiness and that of the people they claim to love.
                Right, there needs to feel like there's no other acceptable option. That's why this all hinges on also having strong stigma to encourage conformity and/or restrictions of freedom.

The book I recommended earlier touches on this -- filling that role and being unhappy in the process. It cannot be "hidden" completely. This lack of being happy does affect life and therefore does affect a relationship, parenting, other relationships, etc.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I feel what you're saying Mos (in general and to a point); however, let me try to rephrase the message you're sending. First of all, let's have a change of perspective.

It's useless to talk about how women should act. Who the hell would want to get into that anyway. Furthermore, there is an absolute need for some women to be sl*ts. The world needs them. You know how many right hands would fall off without them?
                  Rather than discuss how women should be, let's instead talk about what a men should look for in a decent wife. Can we do this? Absolutely. Women have a cr*p-load of magazines that do the same for women.

And I will summarize the advice with the following.

A key that opens many locks is a master key.
                  A lock that can be opened by many keys is a sh!tty lock.
                  Would you trust your future and family to a sh!tty lock? Hell no.

I'll let you guys take it to the next logical level.
                  Last edited by levon; 05-07-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

How about this? As a woman, the lock is mine, and the key is mine. I get to choose who enters, how, when, and for what reason.

Honestly, I think my grandfather was more open-minded than some of the young men who are posting here!

Comment

Siggie, I think the guys posting here want women who are raised to feel incomplete and placeless without being married. As Fran Drescher once put it so well:

"I don't want to be happy. I want to be married!"

The paradox is, however, if you're not happy alone, then nothing in the world can make you happy with a husband! Add to that the demand and stress of children! Ufffff! What an effing nightmare!

But Mos and his kind want women who are completely sheltered and kept child-like before marriage, and who marry young so that they have no point of comparison. So, you marry a man who has a small penis, or an inadequate ability to delay ejaculation, or one who has no idea that women are supposed to be sexually satisfied, much less how to make that happen... the last thing you want is the challenge of a woman who knows what an orgasm is and expects it in her intimate relationship.

Like that joke someone told me: A woman who has been married 25 years comes downstairs one morning and slaps her husband across the face. "What was that for?", he asks. "For 25 years of bad sex!", she answers. Upon which, he slaps her. Surprised, she asks, "What was THAT for?". He says, "For knowing the difference!"

Comment

Working...
                      X