Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by hrai View Post

surely raising the children and holding the family together brings the greatest possible happiness to both mother and father? parenthood is not usually a sole role, it's a partnership where everything is shared.
    Of course, I never said father should not participate, Father should also be active in raising children. It's just roles are different.

How would you define "struggling financially"? My family want those three vacations in the Med each year, want to give our children the widest experience possible of different countries. We want 2 new cars every second year, we want every consumer product available. So both parents work, we juggle our diaries and easily manage. Our children always leave the house in the morning with at least one parent there and return after school with , again, at least one parent there.
    Or are we guilty of rampant consumerism? Where would you draw your line as to when it's acceptable for both parents to work? It's becoming more and more common for people to work from home, the convenience for the employee and the cost-savings for employers are very attractive, in fact I work from home and can do some chores during my "working day". I "slave" over the laundry, throw the clothes in the machine and sometime later they're done, not exactly taking them down to the river to beat them on rocks is it?
    What I mean financially struggling is when you don't have enough money for bread, and necessary supplies like clothes or a car that is needed. Financially struggling is not when you are not able to afford fancy vacations.

My wife sometimes makes more in a year than I do, sometimes I make more but that's not the point is it? When I decided I was ready for parenthood just when did my responsibility for raising my children end? Two parents to share the responsibilities, to the share the tears, to share the joy and laughter, to share the pride, to share the love.
    My wife takes care of me but I also make sure that I take care of her, it's a partnership, a tag-team. We interlock and her strengths compensate my weaknesses and vice versa.
    Of course man and woman contribute, again just the roles are different, mainly biological. Woman have more intimate relationship with the child from early age, man also contributes in other lessons to the child.

Mos, I don't know if you're single, married, divorced or what, but if the views you've posted in this thread are your real opinions I think you'll spend a lot of your life alone. That would be a shame.
    Nothing of my views depict that. They depict traditional, conservative family values, that is very much centre to Armenian society.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Nothing of my views depict that. They depict traditional, conservative family values, that is very much centre to Armenian society.
      According to your view, which is informed by that dingdong Gor Tahmazian who is a creep and a jerk and wants to take us back to the dark ages.

Comment

Bad news from Yerevan..

HATE CRIME: DIY bar in Armenia capital Yerevan under neo-nazi arson attack

On 8 May 2012 when countries in Europe, former Soviet Union and elsewhere started marking the anniversary of the end of World War II, Armenian neo-nazi elements decided to mark it with an attack towards the oasis of freedom in Yerevan, my favourite venue - DIY bar. A place, where all the alternative types feel at home. A place, welcoming free-spirited people, sub-cultures, experimental things. Gay friendly.

They broke the window, threw 'Molotov xxxxtail'-like thing into the front part through the door, which was then exploded and caused flames to burst out, and ran off. It took the firemen around 30 mins to put out the fire.

There's a camera outside the DIY that caught the guys who did it. I saw CCTV video image with a moment of attack and the aftermath. The perpetrators were easily identifiable thanks to CCTV image and previous history of nuisance and disturbances (and not only towards DIY, but some other relatively free-spirited bars). First it was "innocent": just words. But soon it started escalating. The last few incidents involved breaking glass and throwing up outside of the bar. And then they disappeared for a few months. Suddenly they were back again last night (around 5 am). They are members of neo-nazi group terrorising parts of Yerevan for a while now.

It took the police 12 hours (!) to finally show up and take the matters seriously. Good news is that thanks to CCTV image and insights provided by DIY owners and employees, at least 2 suspects have now been detained (at the time of writing this post).

People are being gathering outside the DIY throughout the day. They want to collect money and help to rebuild the bar. People are also making little posters with slogans like: "I am DIY"; "DIY: no to fascism"; "Your bombs don't affect us" etc. which they want to post in DIY and other bars around Yerevan.

As far as the damage: only the front part of the bar was damaged. The back is the same. The front part is pretty damaged, though. The bar has been burned down. The air conditioner melted and is now hanging down. The only thing that survived intact... was a bottle of Kilikia.

http://gayarmenia.blogspot.fr/2012/0...a-capital.html
        http://www.ianyanmag.com/2012/05/08/...ire-in-attack/
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by garod View Post
          Bad news from Yerevan..

HATE CRIME: DIY bar in Armenia capital Yerevan under neo-nazi arson attack
          This is the prevailing attitude to the types of minorities in Armenia now and for coming decades. And I'm one of the prevailing majority. I think the minorities should keep their mouth closed; not to advocate their abnormal style of life among young generation. The style is considered abnormal; according Christian religion and that is enough for me to reject it.

And it has nothing to do with neo-nazi and/or democracy.
          Last edited by gegev; 05-09-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Don't use "Christian religion" to justify your own hostility and fear toward anything that threatens your narrow and self-serving world view.

The only way for Armenian culture and society to remain viable into the future is to fully embrace the idea of "different but equal".

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
              According to your view, which is informed by that dingdong Gor Tahmazian who is a creep and a jerk and wants to take us back to the dark ages.
              For your information I neither am informed or listen to Gor. I make my own opinions.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                For your information I neither am informed or listen to Gor. I make my own opinions.
                I find that very hard to believe. In any case, I know that there is a very strong right-leaning, nationalist movement among Armenians, and Gor is one of its champions. He condemns global thinking, despises any sort of progressive thinking or lifestyles among Armenians, resents any talk of equal rights for women, and poses as some sort of authority as to what constitutes an Armenian identity. He is quite disgusting.

Comment

I find that very hard to believe. In any case, I know that there is a very strong right-leaning, nationalist movement among Armenians, and Gor is one of its champions. He condemns global thinking, despises any sort of progressive thinking or lifestyles among Armenians, resents any talk of equal rights for women, and poses as some sort of authority as to what constitutes an Armenian identity. He is quite disgusting.
                  Well it's good that there's a movement against some of the radical feminist and ultra-liberal ideals, it's important to protect our conservative values and culture from such onslaught. I don't think you'd want to see Armenia in a situation where these values fully take over. My main problem with Gor is some of the things he does in his externals (Nazi like) and how he delivers his message, and some of his emphasis points (some things sometimes sound like he is head of Armenian Aryan Union). I don't follow him though. I don't like repeating other people's arguments :/
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

Actually, I would like to see Armenia become a progressive and ultra liberal nation. I don't think such thinking poses as big a threat to the foundations of the culture as some would believe. The words "conservative values" just rub me the wrong way because to me that's the start of something dangerous, and in fact breeds types like Gor.

Comment

Actually, I would like to see Armenia become a progressive and ultra liberal nation. I don't think such thinking poses as big a threat to the foundations of the culture as some would believe. The words "conservative values" just rub me the wrong way because to me that's the start of something dangerous, and in fact breeds types like Gor..
                      I got banned for a week for posting on this thread and a kook like you will fit in here. As this board is rabidly left-wing and anti-free speech.
                      Last edited by retro; 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X