Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    The liberal "cultured" women in Armenia crack me up. Their views are often very naive and based on what ever Western propaganda they hear in Levon's media outlets or organisations like "Pink". They are usually ashamed of their culture and prefer the globalised culture of the West (which I wouldn't call a 'culture') Fortunately they are a small minority. And most look like the two in the photo (the two in the centre )

I'm sorry... Did you just post this so you could make fun of their appearance? Am I understanding correctly? That's who you are now? Someone who posts photos of persons that they found online and posts it on a public forum making fun of how they look?

Or tries to make fun, I should say. I don't get the joke. It just makes you look shallow and petty.

Why don't you instead tell us what these views are and why they're naive, no good, or whatever. That would be a more productive and mature discussion.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      Last I checked women can clean toilets, empty trash cans, and pick fruit too.

Where are these statistics you're looking at? I work at a college and have to report this sh!t day in and day out (to the state, country, chancellor, and various campus programs/depts) and we're roughly equal between genders overall unless you're defining in the strictest sense and calling anything over 50% a majority. If you divide by disciplines, you might see it slant.
      Well, in politics anything over 50% is majority

Trade school... tool and die, plumbing, pipe fitting, electrician, mechanic, mining, farming, forestry, etc. are all disciplines that women seldom enter through their own free will. Yes, there are some, but the trend still favors men.

There was a study done in 2010 regarding post secondary education in industrialized countries and it noted that more women are receiving degrees than men.

Here is one for the U.S.
      More Working Women Than Men Have College Degrees, Census Bureau Reports
      http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea...n/cb11-72.html
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I'm sorry... Did you just post this so you could make fun of their appearance? Am I understanding correctly? That's who you are now? Someone who posts photos of persons that they found online and posts it on a public forum making fun of how they look?

Or tries to make fun, I should say. I don't get the joke. It just makes you look shallow and petty.
        Hmm... I get the joke, must be a honesty thing... or perhaps people are so worried about being politically correct that they are incapable of speaking the truth about what they see.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

That's interesting, I didn't see her saying that at all. She simply described the dynamic in her family and expressed a preference for that. Where did she say she defeated the oppressive male system? I don't think she even presented her household growing-up that way.

And if she had said that...
          Is it really different from implying that women who don't subscribe to the "traditional" gender roles are promiscuous (and of course that's not the word that was used).
          Maybe they see me as having defeated the oppressive male system. That's an interesting twist isn't it?

Why should an educated woman settle for someone who isn't at her level? Why should men feel obligated to enter into traditional professions and spend their lives working to keep up appearances and bend to the whims of others?

We are finally coming to a point where maybe we can recognize that the system that oppresses women also oppresses men, and that by protecting women's rights men also improve their own situation.

Every week or so, there is a study revealed about the disproportionate numbers of unmarried Black women in the US. This same situation is very familiar from an Armenian perspective. If a woman values learning and wants to pursue higher education, she is generally not one to care too much about material things and appearances, but she will also speak her mind and demand to be acknowledged. She will be passed over by men who are looking for young, sweet, subordinate girls who may very well be in it for material reasons. But what happens when the money runs out? I have a very good friend who attached himself to such a woman, 12 years younger than him. They had two children, and as long as the money was there for the vacations and the xxxels and the servants and nannies, all was well. Then his business went south and she was outa there real fast. Now he's left with nothing, and the sad part is, a long time ago, there was another young woman who loved him and who would have given everything for his happiness, who couldnt have cared less about cars and trips and designer clothes. But now she is married with her own kids, a happy productive life, and is not available.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Well, in politics anything over 50% is majority
            Not in California.
            That's called a simple majority precisely because it's not always enough.

Trade school... tool and die, plumbing, pipe fitting, electrician, mechanic, mining, farming, forestry, etc. are all disciplines that women seldom enter through their own free will. Yes, there are some, but the trend still favors men.
            What do you mean by free will? Was a gun held to the heads of the men who went into these trades?
            There are trades that are dominated by women too. What was the point of this again?

There was a study done in 2010 regarding post secondary education in industrialized countries and it noted that more women are receiving degrees than men.

Here is one for the U.S.
            More Working Women Than Men Have College Degrees, Census Bureau Reports
            http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea...n/cb11-72.html
            This study doesn't support what you were saying. You didn't say among working people only and you didn't say who's earning degrees. You said who goes to college without any other qualification.

Besides, since when is 29.6% different from 30.3%? That's within measurement error range. That's not a significant difference.

Could women be having the time to go and get educated while they're taking care of the kids at home? If my husband wouldn't allow me to work and I had time outside of taking care of the children, I would go to school. Isn't this a potential reason to do away with antiquated gender roles?

My advisor was able to go to graduate school and get a PhD because his wife's salary as a physician paid for it.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

Why don't you instead tell us what these views are and why they're naive, no good, or whatever. That would be a more productive and mature discussion.
              No, I posted the photo to show the stereotypical "look" that often such women have. There anything wrong with also finding their look a bit funny?

I've talked about those views ad nauseum already. It's a naive view created by a mix of ultra left western cultural liberalism and globalisation, which is driven by such forces like Hollywood (J3wwood). You need to take the Western globalisation with a grain of salt and not let it totally put your cultural values and society up-side down.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
                Maybe they see me as having defeated the oppressive male system. That's an interesting twist isn't it?

Why should an educated woman settle for someone who isn't at her level? Why should men feel obligated to enter into traditional professions and spend their lives working to keep up appearances and bend to the whims of others?

We are finally coming to a point where maybe we can recognize that the system that oppresses women also oppresses men, and that by protecting women's rights men also improve their own situation.

Every week or so, there is a study revealed about the disproportionate numbers of unmarried Black women in the US. This same situation is very familiar from an Armenian perspective. If a woman values learning and wants to pursue higher education, she is generally not one to care too much about material things and appearances, but she will also speak her mind and demand to be acknowledged. She will be passed over by men who are looking for young, sweet, subordinate girls who may very well be in it for material reasons. But what happens when the money runs out? I have a very good friend who attached himself to such a woman, 12 years younger than him. They had two children, and as long as the money was there for the vacations and the xxxels and the servants and nannies, all was well. Then his business went south and she was outa there real fast. Now he's left with nothing, and the sad part is, a long time ago, there was another young woman who loved him and who would have given everything for his happiness, who couldnt have cared less about cars and trips and designer clothes. But now she is married with her own kids, a happy productive life, and is not available.
                Kanada complains about this situation often... How divorces favor women. But don't these gender roles create that situation? Is it not because of them that women don't tend to work as much, earn as much, etc.? Can you say the woman should be the caretaker for the children and then complain that the law favors keeping children with their caretakers?
                He's given examples from his experience. Now I wonder if that's not because he probably has friends who think like him and probably went after precisely the type of woman you described.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                  No, I posted the photo to show the stereotypical "look" that often such women have. There anything wrong with also finding their look a bit funny?

I've talked about those views ad nauseum already. It's a naive view created by a mix of ultra left western cultural liberalism and globalisation, which is driven by such forces like Hollywood (J3wwood). You need to take the Western globalisation with a grain of salt and not let it totally put your cultural values and society up-side down.
                  Westernized women tend to have a "look"? Quick, someone who's seen me tell me, do I have this look?

Also, there's a difference between finding how someone looks "funny" and posting a photo of them on a public forum to say they look funny. Ask your mom, she'll tell you there's an important difference.

I'm serious, Mos; what are these views? Gender equality? Ending domestic violence? That we shouldn't bomb bars because we don't agree with the lifestyles of the persons who go there?

Comment

Westernized women tend to have a "look"? Quick, someone who's seen me tell me, do I have this look?

Also, there's a difference between finding how someone looks "funny" and posting a photo of them on a public forum to say they look funny. Ask your mom, she'll tell you there's an important difference.

I'm serious, Mos; what are these views? Gender equality? Ending domestic violence? That we shouldn't bomb bars because we don't agree with the lifestyles of the persons who go there?
                    I never said that Westernised women tend to have a look. I said that the stereotypical look of such activist women is as such. And the photo was published on a public Armenian news site, so there's no wrong in re-posintg them.

Often the phrases like "gender equality" are not as innocent as they seem. You have to look at what their agenda entails, what effects it has on families and the family unit. Often you can look at societies like in Holland or Sweden to see what "gender equality" gets those societies to. Just research that rape case against Assange in Sweden as an example.
                    Last edited by Mos; 05-16-2012, 02:25 PM.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

What do you mean by free will? Was a gun held to the heads of the men who went into these trades?
                      There are trades that are dominated by women too. What was the point of this again?
                      Free will... meaning by choice, women prefer to enter fields other than those ones. Statistics can't be sexist, can they?

This study doesn't support what you were saying. You didn't say among working people only and you didn't say who's earning degrees. You said who goes to college without any other qualification.

Besides, since when is 29.6% different from 30.3%? That's within measurement error range. That's not a significant difference.
                      "Among the employed population 25 and older, 37 percent of women had attained a bachelor's degree or more as of 2010, compared with 35 percent of men"

What I said - more men take jobs that don't require a degree - CHECK

Could women be having the time to go and get educated while they're taking care of the kids at home? If my husband wouldn't allow me to work and I had time outside of taking care of the children, I would go to school. Isn't this a potential reason to do away with antiquated gender roles?
                      If this was the case, then husbands would be working to feed, clothe, house you, the kids and pay for your school. Hey, let's still bash men while we're at it cause it's obvious they are the problem.

My advisor was able to go to graduate school and get a PhD because his wife's salary as a physician paid for it.
                      One of the girls in the office was able to get a boob job because her husband's salary as a dentist paid for it. What was the point of this sentence?

Kanada complains about this situation often... How divorces favor women. But don't these gender roles create that situation? Is it not because of them that women don't tend to work as much, earn as much, etc.? Can you say the woman should be the caretaker for the children and then complain that the law favors keeping children with their caretakers?
                      Yes, blame the children that men don't have breasts or a vagina. Women should work just as much as men, earn as much, then when a couple wants children, they can go order a test tube baby of their color... right down to the hair.
                      Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X