Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Free will... meaning by choice, women prefer to enter fields other than those ones. Statistics can't be sexist, can they?

"Among the employed population 25 and older, 37 percent of women had attained a bachelor's degree or more as of 2010, compared with 35 percent of men"

What I said - more men take jobs that don't require a degree - CHECK
    Uhh.... No. That statistic is about all employed people and 35 is not really different than 37 anyway. Also, this is about bachelor degrees. What about Associates degrees? Certificates? Trade schools?

If this was the case, then husbands would be working to feed, clothe, house you, the kids and pay for your school. Hey, let's still bash men while we're at it cause it's obvious they are the problem.
    I'm explaining how these rigid gender roles that Mos, Levon, and as far as I can tell, you too, are advocating can explain such a disparity if one actually exists.

One of the girls in the office was able to get a boob job because her husband's salary as a dentist paid for it. What was the point of this sentence?
    It's an example. I was making the point that if we didn't encourage men to be the "breadwinner" and women to be "homemakers," then the reverse of what you were complaining about (i.e. the example I gave) would be possible as well.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      It's an example. I was making the point that if we didn't encourage men to be the "breadwinner" and women to be "homemakers," then the reverse of what you were complaining about (i.e. the example I gave) would be possible as well.
      Just how pregnant is too pregnant to be working strenuously? In Canada, both men and women can take maternity leave.. what's the law in progressive, liberal, America? Technically, men make the home, the women are just supposed to maintain it.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

One of the girls in the office was able to get a boob job because her husband's salary as a dentist paid for it. What was the point of this sentence?
        Probably she felt she had to get a boob job to keep her dentist of a husband interested enough not to stray?

Maybe after nursing babies (something that one cannot put a pricetag on), her boobs were kind of sagging?

He paid for it because he likes bigger boobs?

He paid for it because she doesn't have direct access to money and doesn't have a paying job because she is doing the job of raising kids and running a house? By some estimates, if she we're getting paid for everything she does at home, and for the hours she puts in, she would easily be clearing $150k a year, if not more. So, in a way, she did pay for a boob job that, all else being equal, she might not have felt the need for.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
          By some estimates, if she we're getting paid for everything she does at home, and for the hours she puts in, she would easily be clearing $150k a year, if not more. So, in a way, she did pay for a boob job that, all else being equal, she might not have felt the need for.
          I've heard this one before. Reminds me of odars who pay the mother in law to babysit the grandchildren.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I've heard this one before. Reminds me of odars who pay the mother in law to babysit the grandchildren.
            Seriously? That's horrible.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Seriously? That's horrible.
              Slave labor (working for no pay) is horrible, too.

And the other thing that's horrible is when mothers-in-law become resentful of having to raise their son's children (because they resent their daughters in law, for any number of reasons), and they do a cr@ppy job of it.

Comment

Believe me. Unpaid childcare is definitely not what it's cracked up to be. Sometimes you don't get what you don't pay for, even if it seems you are. I'd take good, paid help over unpaid help from relatives any day of the week.

Comment

Slave labor (working for no pay) is horrible, too.

And the other thing that's horrible is when mothers-in-law become resentful of having to raise their son's children (because they resent their daughters in law, for any number of reasons), and they do a cr@ppy job of it.
                  Slave labour? So taking care of your own grandchildren is slave labour?
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    Slave labour? So taking care of your own grandchildren is slave labour?
                    For some, yes, it is. Childcare is hard, hard work. It is often repetitive, and tedious. It is, by definition, a labor of love. Have you had the opportunity to spend a whole week with an infant or a small child. I recommend it to all who are planning on having children. I am sure that many teen pregnancies would not happen if young people really knew what parenting truly involves.

Comment

For some, yes, it is. Childcare is hard, hard work. It is often repetitive, and tedious. It is, by definition, a labor of love. Have you had the opportunity to spend a whole week with an infant or a small child. I recommend it to all who are planning on having children. I am sure that many teen pregnancies would not happen if young people really knew what parenting truly involves.
                      Teen pregnancies would not happen if parents knew what parenting truly involves.

Comment

Working...
                      X