Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    They will make great slaves.
    Slaves to what? To free thought? To an internal locus of control?

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
      Slaves to what? To free thought? To an internal locus of control?
      To the classless life you wish to set out for them.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Being a feminist and strong advocate for women's and girl's rights and development does not preclude me from being warm and loving mother. On the contrary, given that my husband and I are perceived by the kids as warm, caring, fun-loving, and respectful of their needs, my sense is that we're never quite going to have an empty nest.
        I can tell this isn't true simply by the way you come off sounding like a robot or someone throwing out a sales pitch.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I can tell this isn't true simply by the way you come off sounding like a robot or someone throwing out a sales pitch.
          I will refrain from telling you what you come off sounding like.

Comment

To the classless life you wish to set out for them.
            Are you trying to pick a fight with me again?

I'm really not sure what "class" means to you, but clearly my way of expressing myself in writing rubs you the wrong way. You wouldn't be the first of your kind to interpret your own feelings of intimidation and inadequacy as me sounding robotic, or generally lacking the deferential attitude and vulnerable characteristics that you feel are more appropriate to women, especially compatriot women.

Perhaps you are made uneasy by the fact that I actually have a strong command of the English language and don't write like you or some others who post here?

Class, in America, is defined in many different ways. Race is far more salient. But one way for people to become upwardly mobile in America is to pursue higher education and to have a full command of Standard American English (or Imperial English in Canada). I have worked very hard at this. No one who reads my writing can see even a hint of English as a second language, although it is one of 7 that I speak, and several others that are not spoken languages that I can proficiently read.

So yes, I am an elitist. What of it? I would probably do a better job at representing the Armenian nation to the world than you or your boyfriends who post on these pages.

Fortunately, I'm married to a man who doesn't feel emasculated by a woman who is intelligent and articulate.
            Last edited by Flamenkita; 05-17-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

You're probably also annoyed that I am setting the discursive standard for this thread, that I am not letting you dominate how I express myself.

Comment

You're probably also annoyed that I am setting the discursive standard for this thread, that I am not letting you dominate how I express myself.
                Do you know what the difference between a wh0re and a b!tch is?

Comment

Fortunately, I'm married to a man who doesn't feel emasculated by a woman who is intelligent and articulate.
                  Sadly, there aren't enough of those men, particularly in our culture. :-/
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Yes. It's a question of perception. You perceive me as a b*tch. You wouldn't be the first, I assure you. You're in good company with many of your compatriot brothers.

It's unfortunate, though, because all you do is to make explicit that in your mind, women who are not deferential and vulnerable are either wh0res or b*tches. What that does, in turn, is that it narrows the field of women from which you might eventually find a suitable mate. And then, you wouldn't have to be so paranoid about losing your life's earnings and your kids to some undeserving bimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                      Sadly, there aren't enough of those men, particularly in our culture. :-/
                      My husband and I give daily thanks for having found each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X