Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Like the man said, "Thou doth protest too much".

People who say "no" a lot, and seek out opportunities where they can say "no", are really only fighting their own overwhelming urges to say "yes".
    Last edited by Flamenkita; 05-01-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
      Hey Mos, why so angry? If it were up to people like you and that crazy dude Gor whatever his last name who is spewing crap about multiculturalism, etc., Armenia would look no different that Taliban Afghanistan. That's not an Armenia I want to live in or raise my children in. And I don't think very many educated or enlightened individuals would be OK with living in a place like that. Already there is a drain. What would happen if Armenistan actually came to be?
      Well Armenia fortunately has still not given in entirely to the multiculturalism ideals. The fact is multiculturalism is an utter failure. Both the French and German presidents have admitted that (are they Taliban?). In order for Armenia to be strong and thrive you need to protect our Christian values, you need a patriotic youth, you need a country where Armenian culture and patriotism is at the forefront, not giving in, in order to "accommodate" other cultures and for Armenian culture to get shoved aside for these secondary culture. More so there are some sub-culture (e.g. emo/statanic worship) that's dangerous to the vulnerable youth and cannot be tolerated and same with radical feminism that can destroy the family unit. It's not making Armenia into Afghanistan, it's making Armenia in a stronger, more patriotic, and confident society.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Which is just like making it into Afghanistan. You cannot put back into a mold something that has been out of a mold. Also, if you are against multicultural ideals, then what sort of ideals are you for? Isolationism? Backwardness?

BTW, I am one of those radical feminists that you seem to dislike, in case you haven't guessed. I am married to an Armenian man who is very happy to be with a woman who is his equal and with whom he can have a full experience of life. In other words, sometimes he's on top, sometimes I'm on top, in every part of life. We have two children, and we are raising them to be free-thinking, creative individuals who aren't limited by their gender and who aren't limited by our notions of what the "good life" might be. We are on this planet for only 80 years, if we're lucky. There is no afterlife. There is no reward in heaven. Who is anyone to impose their narrow ideology onto me or my children?

These extreme, right wing ideas will be the end of Armenia as a viable culture and nation.

Comment

Why does the family unit have to be based upon some people being more valued than others? Some people having more control over the destinies of others? Parents dictating what children should study or become, or who they should love or marry? Also? Before folks start preaching family values, God, patriotism, they should look into solving the problems of families in Armenia who feel they have no option but to send their young daughters to Turkey to "work" (i.e. sex labor) and send money home because it would be beneath the menfolk to take up menial jobs. More often than not, it is those extreme patriarchal ideas that lead to degeneration, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            Well Armenia fortunately has still not given in entirely to the multiculturalism ideals. The fact is multiculturalism is an utter failure. Both the French and German presidents have admitted that (are they Taliban?). In order for Armenia to be strong and thrive you need to protect our Christian values, you need a patriotic youth, you need a country where Armenian culture and patriotism is at the forefront, not giving in, in order to "accommodate" other cultures and for Armenian culture to get shoved aside for these secondary culture. More so there are some sub-culture (e.g. emo/statanic worship) that's dangerous to the vulnerable youth and cannot be tolerated and same with radical feminism that can destroy the family unit. It's not making Armenia into Afghanistan, it's making Armenia in a stronger, more patriotic, and confident society.
            If youth are vulnerable and impressionable, isn't it wrong too to take advantage of their trust and tell them scary fairy tales about an imaginary meanie in the sky? :-/
            If you do x, you will burn for all eternity. Sweet dreams, baby!

And doesn't ethnocentrism lead to conflict with those around us? Is that good for the countries and their citizens?

How have the old ways you seem to want to preserve worked for us? Explain which things you want to preserve and how you think they're good for all or most or whatever...
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I also want to point out some craziness here that goes unnoticed. I think the biggest objection I see against homosexuals is the act of sex. Everyone is so fixated on that particular act and they jump up and down screaming how it is wrong, immoral, perverted, destructive to cute kittens, etc etc.

Well .. the best way to address this actually is to FORCE the gay couples to get married. If that doesn't end them having sex very quickly, nothing will.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                I also want to point out some craziness here that goes unnoticed. I think the biggest objection I see against homosexuals is the act of sex. Everyone is so fixated on that particular act and they jump up and down screaming how it is wrong, immoral, perverted, destructive to cute kittens, etc etc.

Well .. the best way to address this actually is to FORCE the gay couples to get married. If that doesn't end them having sex very quickly, nothing will.
                Ha! I know what else would do it... Requiring they adopt their 2.5 children!

Yes, I think some of it must be related to squeamishness and other unease with the sexual act, but that's easy. STOP thinking about gay men having sex if it makes you uncomfortable.
                I'm limiting this statement to gay men because I've never heard anyone complain that the females having sex is depraved and perverted.

It was also pointed out that this was illegal as if that means anything... Sodomy was also once on the books in every state. I don't know why everyone thinks that the way things were done in the past is necessarily better.
                Perhaps it just reflects a natural fear of change.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                  Ha! I know what else would do it... Requiring they adopt their 2.5 children!

Yes, I think some of it must be related to squeamishness and other unease with the sexual act, but that's easy. STOP thinking about gay men having sex if it makes you uncomfortable.
                  I'm limiting this statement to gay men because I've never heard anyone complain that the females having sex is depraved and perverted.

It was also pointed out that this was illegal as if that means anything... Sodomy was also once on the books in every state. I don't know why everyone thinks that the way things were done in the past is necessarily better.
                  Perhaps it just reflects a natural fear of change.
                  That is because when women are involved it is art, if someone wants I can always provide some pics

Comment

Which is just like making it into Afghanistan. You cannot put back into a mold something that has been out of a mold. Also, if you are against multicultural ideals, then what sort of ideals are you for? Isolationism? Backwardness?

BTW, I am one of those radical feminists that you seem to dislike, in case you haven't guessed. I am married to an Armenian man who is very happy to be with a woman who is his equal and with whom he can have a full experience of life. In other words, sometimes he's on top, sometimes I'm on top, in every part of life. We have two children, and we are raising them to be free-thinking, creative individuals who aren't limited by their gender and who aren't limited by our notions of what the "good life" might be. We are on this planet for only 80 years, if we're lucky. There is no afterlife. There is no reward in heaven. Who is anyone to impose their narrow ideology onto me or my children?

These extreme, right wing ideas will be the end of Armenia as a viable culture and nation.
                    Wait are you Armenian or just your husband?? What's your background?

I'm for having a strong society based on Armenian cultural ideals, Christian values, not making society have to conform to each and every culture that comes in. As I said, Europeans are hitting themselves in the head for the failed policy of multiculturalism, it has destroyed their society.

First off my ideas are not extreme, right wing, more it's a response to a radical culturally left wing that's imposing its values via globalisation. I'm not imposing anything really I just want the maintaining of Armenian Society as it has always been not to be changed into a very Westernised, unrecognisable society.

Why does the family unit have to be based upon some people being more valued than others? Some people having more control over the destinies of others? Parents dictating what children should study or become, or who they should love or marry? Also? Before folks start preaching family values, God, patriotism, they should look into solving the problems of families in Armenia who feel they have no option but to send their young daughters to Turkey to "work" (i.e. sex labor) and send money home because it would be beneath the menfolk to take up menial jobs. More often than not, it is those extreme patriarchal ideas that lead to degeneration, not the other way around.
                    Families who send their children to sex labour should be severely punished. That doesn't come from patriarchal ideas, many of those families don't have father figures, because the fathers are working in Moscow as migrant workers. Those children have grown up corrupt along with the mothers to agree to such a thing. There are bad seeds in every society, fortunately it's very small amount of seeds. Family unit, respect to parents, growing up with respectable values, and so forth is what leads to the success of the children morally .

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                    If youth are vulnerable and impressionable, isn't it wrong too to take advantage of their trust and tell them scary fairy tales about an imaginary meanie in the sky? :-/
                    If you do x, you will burn for all eternity. Sweet dreams, baby!

And doesn't ethnocentrism lead to conflict with those around us? Is that good for the countries and their citizens?

How have the old ways you seem to want to preserve worked for us? Explain which things you want to preserve and how you think they're good for all or most or whatever...
                    Christian values are good foundation for one's moral character in his early years. It's not about using religion to teach them about how world works, but using it to teach them some important moral/philosophical messages.

If we don't have ethnocentrism, that will lead to assimilation/mixing and dwindle our people. Just look at the ethnocentrism of Turks or Azeris and the resulting high birth rate.

I want to preserve the Armenian society and it's conservative cultural character. Without that, our identities will be diluted into a sea of globalisation and multi-culturalism. Patriotism will dwindle and our nation weaken.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Mos, how did you come to know about what Armenian society and its conservative cultural character looks like? What are your sources for this information? Why do we want our nation to persevere? What nation are you speaking of? My sense is that some folks want to model the future on some kind of idealized past. But once you look into the past, really look into it, there was nothing much to idealize about it. We were just as backward as our neighbors. Being Christian does not differentiate us all that much. You are assuming that all Armenian identities tend toward conservative values, and really, nothing could be further from the truth. What happens then is that some people feel like they have the right to tell everyone else what is right for them. And then you get a bunch of oligarchs running the show, etc. etc... I sometimes wonder if the Meg Azg types in Armenia aren't actually funded and/or supported by the oligarchs, much like the Tea Party folks in the US are supported by the Koch brothers.

Honestly, when I read things like "family unit, respect to parents, growing up with respectable values", I think these are all a defense against man's true nature, all those things that drive ingenuity, creativity, passion. Armenians have always been diverse, decentralized, independent thinkers. And that decentralized character, a tendency toward globalism, is what has preserved a culture throughout the ages. Now all of a sudden there are people who are trying to push this idea that we should be unified under some kind of de-globalized, backward-looking ideology that hates everything that doesn't feed into it and support it. I am not optimistic about the future of the Armenian nation.

And yes, I am Armenian on both sides of my family. My husband is as well. Not sure why it matters to you, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X