Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food

I love seaweed salad. I catch a fish known as the bluegill through the ice now and it has been my favorite fresh water fish for a long time now. I was shopping at Meijers the other day and to my surprise they had bluegills for sale but they were by far the most expensive fish that store has ever offered. I have never seen it for sale before anywhere,
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

HOME-STYLE ARMENIAN FOOD COMES TO SOMERVILLE

Patch.com
      Jan 21 2014

Noor Mediterranean Grill, whose menu also has Lebanese influences,
      will open Friday on College Avenue.

Posted by Chris Orchard

After completely gutting and renovating the College Avenue storefront
      formerly occupied by the Broken Yolk, a Somerville native and her
      husband will formally open their new restaurant, Noor Mediterranean
      Grill, on Friday.

Hllda Darian said she and her husband, Arsen Karageozian, had long
      dreamed of opening their own eatery in Somerville, and as of Tuesday
      they were busy putting the finishing touches on the 136 College Ave.

space in order to celebrate the restaurant's grand opening on Jan. 24.

The two, both in their early 30s, are of Armenian descent. Darian
      grew up on Elm Street in Somerville, attending the Kennedy School and
      Somerville High School, and her husband, in addition to working as
      a manager and owner at various restaurants, was formerly executive
      chef at an Intercontinental Hotel in Lebanon, Darian said.

That family background and experience will help guide the restaurant's
      menu and cooking, she said. It will feature a mixture of Armenian
      and Lebanese flavors.

Noor Mediterranean Grill will have a "Middle Eastern vibe," she said,
      and it will have a "small and simple menu" featuring staples like
      shawarma, shish kebab, humus and falafel.

Those dishes will be created as "home style cooked meal[s]," Darian
      said. "You'll feel like you're in your grandma's kitchen."

"Noor," in Armenian, means pomegranate, she said, and it's a symbol
      of prosperity and fertility. The pomegranate design will be featured
      throughout the restaurant.

Darian said she and her husband bought the business from the former
      owner of Broken Yolk in September and have spent the past few months
      completely renovating the space. This includes new walls and completely
      new electrical and plumbing systems. "It's sparkling clean inside,"
      she said.

Noor Mediterranean Grill will have a 25-seat dine-in area, and it will
      also offer takeout and delivery. Darian said it will offer a "healthy
      delivery food" option to the area's residents and college students.

The Grand Opening begins at 12 p.m. Friday.

Noor Mediterranean Grill facebook.com/noorgrill 136 College Ave.

(617) 625-6667 Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
      Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I miss eating good mulberries. In Armenia there were several kinds but the white has always been my favorite. I want to plant some trees in my yard but i hear mulberry trees are sensitive to cold winters. Does anyone know which types do better in the cold and where i can find them?
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
        X