Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can We Trust the Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can We Trust the Bible?

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    I am not a Christianity hater.

I was only highlighting what exists within the so called ( and self declared ) "progressive" Christian movement.
    You being the flag bearer in this forum.

I am a Christian and belong to the Armenian Church.

I am not the preacher here, but you are.
    Your problem is, you feel frustrated because you find yourself on a shaky platform and a shaky audience.

Incidentally I am not spamming your post.
    My posting was an example of why loosely declaring “Trust the Bible” is not an answer.

You seem to live in a HOLY CAPSULE where everything is wonderful and only dying is left to achieve your ultimate goal.
    I also drew attention how reference was being made to the Bible, Chapter and verse which you decided to ignore.

Right. And I'm a doctor. Not really.

You know your my favorite hackler londontsi.

This is actually your first semi-decent post towards me.

I hope your doing well, God bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory View Post
      You know your my favorite hackler londontsi.
      The reason is I cannot stand dishonest preachers.

Classic of you, instead of posting your new video after the last posting,
      you edited it in into your previous ( slot) posting presumably to change the context of my posting.

Time stamps do not lie.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

The title of the thread asks "Can We Trust the Bible?"

So far it has become obvious that we can't. So what more is there to discuss in this thread? Seems like this thread is done.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          The reason is I cannot stand dishonest preachers.

Classic of you, instead of posting your new video after the last posting,
          you edited it in into your previous ( slot) posting presumably to change the context of my posting.

Time stamps do not lie.

That is a lie Sir. I only edited the title into the video that was already posted. What difference does it make whether the video was posted before or after your blasphemous post against Christianity. What is it with you and making false accusations against me? You accused me of being a watchtower cultist, Turkish agent and "a member of the Turkish infantry forming the Sultan's guard between the 14th and 19th centuries." And now your pathetic attempt to make me look dishonest? C'mon man. See what I mean when I say your my favorite hackler, you make it way too easy.

By far, you are the only person here claiming to be "Christian", but your every post against me has been attacks against the Bible. All you do is mock and insult every thread I post about the truthfulness of the Bible and than turn around and claim to be a Christian?

You even go as far to copy/past information from anti-christian websites to further claim the Bible is full of contradictor and than you claim to be a Christian?

You take the side of ant-christians evolutionists who themselves post blasphemous comments profaning the God of the Bible and congratulate their insults against the Christian God and than claim to be a Christian?

You Sir are delusional.

And now this, accusing me of being dishonest by editing a video into a post to change the context of your posting. This doesn't even make sense, how would even change the context of the posting?

Your a habitual liar.

All one has to do is follow your posts against me and they will realize that you in fact are lying instigator who will say and do whatever to get his way. Don't sell yourself like this bro. Man up. Stand for the truth. No matter what. It's not popular, but the truth of God will prevail. Don't find yourself on the losing side. This life is too short. It's simply not worth selling yourself over it.

Comment

In the meantime, enjoy watching Christopher Hitchens (Ace Atheist apologist) regret ever challenging Dr. William Lane Craig (Christian apologist)

Caution for the evolutionists: This is gonna hurt.

Comment

Can we trust the bible? yes, to certain degree.

Can we trust the bible with cory around.......NO!

Edit: Just kid lol
              Last edited by Eddo211; 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Re: Can we trust ourselves?

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                Religion is exactly the right word to describe naturalism. The entire philosophy is built on a faith-based premise. Its basic presupposition � a rejection of everything supernatural � requires a giant leap of faith. And nearly all its supporting theories must be taken by faith as well.

This is the Atheists dilemma, they say "we come from nothing and are going to become nothing, yet in between we have this great significance." It doesn't make sense at all.

Atheism is not a religion, it has no guidelines or any philosophy,etc. that comes with it, like baggage. A "theist" is one who believes in a god. An "a-theist" is one who does not believe in a god. It makes a lot of sense, to me, because it uses basic scientific principles to rely on, not some ancient scrolls or manuscripts.

This link is a good starting place to know more: http://www.atheist-experience.com/

A good rebuttal to theistic claims: http://www.ironchariots.org/

Comment

Originally posted by robertik1 View Post
                  Atheism is not a religion, it has no guidelines or any philosophy,etc. that comes with it, like baggage. A "theist" is one who believes in a god. An "a-theist" is one who does not believe in a god. It makes a lot of sense, to me, because it uses basic scientific principles to rely on, not some ancient scrolls or manuscripts.

This link is a good starting place to know more: http://www.atheist-experience.com/

A good rebuttal to theistic claims: http://www.ironchariots.org/

One more unrelated thing: Don't post videos from youtube. Eversince Google(their browser and almost anything connected to it) and youtube merged, their videos have been crappy and have a bunch of errors that disrupt the videos and cause them to not work. Try anything else, like dailymotion, or other various video players or sources.

Comment

One more unrelated thing: Don't post videos from youtube. Eversince Google(their browser and almost anything connected to it) and youtube merged, their videos have been crappy and have a bunch of errors that disrupt the videos and cause them to not work. Try anything else, like dailymotion, or other various video players or sources.
                    Lol what? Youtube videos have been crappy due to Youtube and chrome having merged? Google picked up YouTube in 2006 ... you are saying the videos have been bad for 7 years now? Or is this some new "merge"?
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                      Lol what? Youtube videos have been crappy due to Youtube and chrome having merged? Google picked up YouTube in 2006 ... you are saying the videos have been bad for 7 years now? Or is this some new "merge"?
                      I have not had any problems with YouTube. It doesn't do any of those things for me now when I use Chrome mostly and it didn't used to do that when I used Firefox either. I think the features have improved too. I've found it to be much much easier to share videos now with the embed codes (with options for size) available to cut and paste as well as the integration with social media platforms. The only negative is the increased advertising on practically all videos now, but that's the case everywhere on the internet.
                      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X