Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motivation

What motivates you? keeps you going even when life's really tough? do you think there's a point to any of this?

...no, I'm not suicidal! just a little out of it

Hopes of the future. Daydreaming is a great way to motivate myself. Works most of the time. But sometimes it does get me even more depressed.

And no, I don't think there's a point to any of this. Well, actually, there is - the point is that there is no point. Eek, is that a contradiction or what? lol..

Umm yea, I have 3 essays to write for this week, a presentation on Monday, behind by 10 books, and I am just on the edge of collapse ugh.. eh, so what's the point you ask me..? And I tell you - nothing. Torment and more torment. Men have made life an unlivable hell (as opposed to liveable hell) by their own stupidity. Why do people need to go to work every day? In all this frenzy, if you actually stop for a moment and think about everyone running around, all of it will seem pointless and artificial. I don't know. I don't feel like I belong to this age and time. Blah

Comment

Re: motivation

Originally posted by EvrLstngDaze What motivates you? keeps you going even when life's really tough? do you think there's a point to any of this?
      This may sound silly but this quote, "God wouldn't give you anything you can't handle" kind of keeps me going even when life is really tough(as you called it). Other people's mistakes also have a somewhat impact on me and motivates me to do whatever.
      do you think there's a point to any of this?
      What do you mean? Are you saying if there is point to life or what?
      I see...

Comment

Re: motivation

Originally posted by EvrLstngDaze What motivates you? keeps you going even when life's really tough? do you think there's a point to any of this?

...no, I'm not suicidal! just a little out of it

"REPRODUCTION! Thats what keeps me goin."
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Re: motivation

Originally posted by Anonymouse "REPRODUCTION! Thats what keeps me goin."
          More annamus's in the world? Oh boy I just lost all my motivation.

But in all seriousness, right now things are pretty damn fun so I just keep enjoying things. Later on, if things start to get problematic or difficult, I may start pondering this issue. Oh yah, that and I plan to lift my jeep pretty soon so that definitely keeps me going ... gotta save up the dough.
          Last edited by Sip; 02-26-2004, 08:14 PM.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: motivation

Originally posted by Seapahn More annamus's in the world? Oh boy I just lost all my motivation.
            Well, now I know what my mom told me when I came home from 5th grade with standards "I will not pee on another classmate." 1000 times.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Energizer (I still insist on the correct spelling: energiser)...

it keeps you going and going and going..

(or something along those lines)

Comment

I have actually lost all my motivation today. Haven't slept for 4 days now..... i've an essay due tomorrow at 12:30 pm, and I'm still staring at a blank screen.... tell me how to get my motivation back! my energisers need to be recharged argh.. lol

Comment

Re: Re: Re: motivation

Originally posted by Seapahn But in all seriousness, right now things are pretty damn fun so I just keep enjoying things. Later on, if things start to get problematic or difficult, I may start pondering this issue. Oh yah, that and I plan to lift my jeep pretty soon so that definitely keeps me going ... gotta save up the dough.
                  Seapchik don't lie, we know that your motivation lies in the quest for the flower.

Comment

I have actually lost all my motivation today. Haven't slept for 4 days now..... i've an essay due tomorrow at 12:30 pm, and I'm still staring at a blank screen....
                    dude! I'm in the same boat!!! I havn't slept for 4 days, and have a lab paper due tomorrow, and havn't written a word!!! in addition to the math ass and journal paper report....ALL due tomorrow! ............................ I need some motivation to go through this xxxx, and right now, I just can't think of any

Comment

Working...
                    X