Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Forgiveness and family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitelotus do you know that most cases of domestic violence, abuse, harasment, or rape is at home, or in peoples familys (close and extended)
    Domestic violence is defined as violent crimes that take place within the home, silly girl.

Comment

okay, thats what i meant anyway

so what makes me silly ?

there is so much domestic violence going on, but we are supposed to respect and love the familys that do them ? just because they gave birth to you ? they also beat you to a bloody pulp everyday, so where does the respect issue come in ?

not saying this happens to me or anything, but it does to some people here that im not going to mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag I don't believe in family obligation and blood ties coming in the way of dealing with abusive parents.
        Precisely, Dar. I'd like to expand upon this idea by sharing a simple philosophy I have: Anyone can pop out children, but not everyone can be a PARENT. F***ing around, getting pregnant, and bearing children somehow gives you God like status over your offspring in your eyes, Pasamonster? "Never look down upon thy Lord, for He is your father". Sorry, but I'm not playing Jesus and forgiving people for their wrong doings. Anyone who repeatedly and consciously commits moral injustice by the standards that I willfully adhere to, can as I said before, f*** off and die. To me, the concept of "it's different with family" sounds a bit .... ohhhh ... hmmm ... what's the word I'm looking for....RETARDED!

I've spent the last 10 or so years of my life trying to decipher the codes that make up this matrix we are all a part of. The vast majority of our behavior and patterns of thinking, be they cultural, environmental, or genetic, have been subconsciously programmed into us since birth, generation after generation. Building upon repeated cycles, the sequences have become a part of what is today considered our "normal", everyday lives. We are in fact living in an invisible prison, a prison you can not see, or taste, or touch. The proper behavior for genders (i.e. the gay thread), our bench marks for intelligence (i.e. intelligence thread), what is and isn't deemed acceptable by societies rules (i.e. the topic of this thread)....our "choices" and decisions on answers for every subject we deal with on a daily basis is subject to the program, weather you realize it or not.

For those of you who don't think this makes any sense, or are confused, it's quite understandable. As I said, this has been a process in the making since the beginning of man and his confusion as to his place in the world. So it is hard to grasp a concept of such grandeur which threatens to crumble the very foundation you stand on. But it is only through facing the cold hard fact we are prisoners that we can start the process of "unplugging". The awakening is a long, painful progression, but after realizing the truth, I wouldn't want it any other way.

"I can't go back, can I?" - Neo
        "No. But even if you could, would you want to?" - Morpheus

Comment

Amen, Crimson Glow. Very well said. I agree with everything you said. I couldn't have said it any better.

Parents, especially Armenian parents, think they are the "Jesus" in the life of the child... so anything they do would be right in their opinion. Well, f*ck that. Not denying that there are great parents out there, but a lot of parents are seriously f*cked up in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
            The vast majority of our behavior and patterns of thinking, be they cultural, environmental, or genetic, have been subconsciously programmed into us since birth, generation after generation. Building upon repeated cycles, the sequences have become a part of what is today considered our "normal", everyday lives. We are in fact living in an invisible prison, a prison you can not see, or taste, or touch. The proper behavior for genders (i.e. the gay thread), our bench marks for intelligence (i.e. intelligence thread), what is and isn't deemed acceptable by societies rules (i.e. the topic of this thread)....our "choices" and decisions on answers for every subject we deal with on a daily basis is subject to the program, weather you realize it or not.
            Does it matter?

who are you arguing against?

who are you blaming for the 'fact' that we are living in an invisible prison with set dogmas?

Comment

Originally posted by spiral

Does it matter?

who are you arguing against?

who are you blaming for the 'fact' that we are living in an invisible prison with set dogmas?
              Uhhhh......I'm not arguing against anyone, nor am I interested in playing the blame game for something for which finding the source would be a fruitless venture. I'm simply saying WAKE UP! And that some of us don't care to be imprisoned within these rules, but rather we make our decisions with clear, unclouded minds. It's a bit too late and pointless to find the origin of these dogmas. Not sure how or why you got the idea that this is what I was driving at, or that I was suggesting otherwise. My point was to break them, not find their ancestry (i.e. you must forgive family no matter what they do; they are your blood) <--- stupid rule/dogma, not interested in following it. Unplug. Simple enough?

Comment

be careful not to electricute yourself :P

Comment

Working...
                X