Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Forgiveness and family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anileve

Anon you have agreed with my post, yet you didn't answer my question, which path would you chose?
    What sort of answer do you want? I've already answered it. Read carefully. I've also said it depends on the circumstance. If I were in Emil's situation I probably would feel the same pain, and from that pain hatred and anger would be prevlanet towards my father/mother, therefore I probably would not forgive them. But what it is that you seek specifically, my whole view on what parents should be like?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Why yes badrjan... I am glad you asked, I do want to tell you something. Stay off large quantities of Harisa, for it apparently impairs your ability to write anything more than one liners.
      Seems like someone is in denial.

Comment

By the way in my last post to this one, in this thread, you can tell at some part of the sentence, that I was either really high or drunk.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

As for answering anileve, I don't know what answer you want.

Maybe I am anxiously awaiting you're whole "view" on this topic. Care to share?
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

The Emotional/mental damage they do to you is more hurtful then any beating anyone can give you.

that its what eventually makes us suffer, the emotional/mental pain.

Comment

Originally posted by whitelotus The Emotional/mental damage they do to you is more hurtful then any beating anyone can give you.

that its what eventually makes us suffer, the emotional/mental pain.
              Since anileve isn't here to say this, I'll say it for her, will you answer the question or not?
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

So should we really forgive our parents simply because they are our blood? Or should we free ourselves from the burden of self imposed morality and judge our parents like regular people? If they are comfortable with hurting their children, we should be just as comfortable of throwing them out of our minds and our lives.
                if another human feels that its okay to beat another one, or scar someone mentally, then the other person has every right to do the same to them, or not forgive them.

if its a petty thing, sure it can be forgivin because we are all humans and we make mistakes.

but if its something big like beating, molesting, raping, abusing, then that is not okay.

by forgiving them , we are saying its okay, and its okay for them to do it again.

but then again....you can forgive , but you wont ever forget....

your parents dont respect you nor love you if they beat you, molest you, and harass you. that means you dont need to love them back nor respect them, because they didnt respect nor love you in the first place when they did that to you
                Last edited by whitelotus; 02-29-2004, 09:13 PM.

Comment

There is a process known as imprinting by which infants grow irreversibly attached to whoever happens to care for them in the first months of their life. From this point forward, a child's parents are the foremost influence on him both behaviorally and emotionally. However, I think it is important for us to remember that although they may be larger than life to us, our parents are still only human beings, no different than us or anyone else we know.

I find myself being very harsh in my criticisms of my parents, far harsher than I would be with anyone else, and of course, they are far harsher with me than they are with others. I've always felt at a bit of a disadvantage because I was born with a very high IQ and nothing brings me more joy than learning, yet the rest of my family is more into pop culture and social activities. In fact, I would go so far as to say my father and at least one of my sisters are fairly anti-intellectual. Neither of my parents has ever done anything particularly damaging to me, although my sister has at times gone through violent outbursts directed at me. Luckily, she has very bad aim and isn't all that strong. Still, I've always forgiven any ill done to me by them.

My standards for forgiveness are not really any different than they are for anyone else. Personally, I think it is important to see things from another person's perspective and to understand what the intent and motivation behind their actions are. I think it is very rare that a parent intends to do harm to their child. Most parents that do harm are simply incompetent fools that shouldn't be bearing children. While they certainly deserve great reprimand and punishment, I don't think it's ever healthy to hold a grudge. Human beings require catharsis, and it only can only come through either forgiveness or revenge. I find veangefulness to be morally reprehensible, so I choose the path of forgiveness. But again, this principle is applied to all people.

On a less academic basis, I think most people are going to be harder on their parents than they would be on another person, and forgiveness will be less forthcoming. Most parents will forgive their children, but children have a very difficult time forgiving their parents. That is simply because the nature of the relationship dictates that a parent's actions will be far more injurious than the actions of any other person, including children and other loved ones.

Comment

Indeed loser! Like you said perhaps the parents themselves suffered from abuse and had their own problems as children, which then was transmitted onto their children. You know it begins somewhere, and it's like a chain.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

ditto on that, its passed down from abuser to abusie, and so forth, and it continues , and people are getting phucked because of it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X