Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dreams

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams

Have any, or part of any, of your dreams ever had significant value in real life? We all dream, and some dispose of dreams as mental garbage, while others believe there is a deeper meaning behind our dreams.

I'm not referring to dreams that are a result of a considerable amount of thought on your part - as in, if something is on your mind, most often than not, you're going to dream about it. I'm referring to dreams, where upon waking up, you have no idea what relevance the dream has in your life, but then later on, some event takes place that was predicted in the dream. Am I being halfway clear as to what I mean?

*changes mind*
    Well, since we haven't discussed dreams on the forum yet (if my memory serves me correctly), we might as well open up this thread to any thoughts dreams-related. So, the floor is open for your opinions on the topic.

i believe that some people experiance dreams.....as forsight into the feature of past.

a family member of mine saw a dream where someone in our family died from a huge car crash etc......and a couple of months later it happened......just as she saw it in her dream.

its rather scary and freaky.

whenever my mom sees her grandma in her dream, something bad happens or she gets sick, as if the woman warns her or tells her beforehand.

i believe in these things......call me crazy or an idiot but i dont really care.

Comment

I believe in dreams, too much stuff has happened to me based on that alone. Call it superstitious call it paranoid but dammit do I care? Can I be blamed for seeing a pattern and purpose?

"In my opinion, a mind is healthy when it can perform symbolic acts within mental frameworks which are not immediately obvious. A mind is diseased when it no longer comprehends this kind of linkage and refuses to acknowledge any basis for such symbolic thinking. The twentieth century specializes in producing diseased minds of the type I refer to - minds which uniquely combine ignorance with arrogance. The twentieth century's hard core hyper rationalist would deride a theory of correspondences in daily life and ritual as 'primitive superstition'. However, the rationalist's comment is not one upon symbolic thinking but upon himself, acting as a label to define him as one of the walking dead."

-- Robert Temple, The Sirius Mystery
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

I've had these kinds of dreams as far back as I can remember. They're always short, just a few seconds of what I will eventually end up seeing in real life a month or year later. When this happened when I was *really* young I thought it was what people meant when they said "a dream come true," not knowing the difference yet.

These visions are always short and never about anything important. Generally they don't make any sense out of context. There are never any lottery numbers or warnings of impending accidents or the like.
        Last edited by clubbin714; 03-07-2004, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I always thought that we see what happens in the future or something in our dreams and that's why we have deja vu. Then I learned about what deja vu actually is and what happens in your brain to make it happen so I was wrong...

But still... too many times I've seen something in a dream that happened, like the time I saw my mom cutting her hair in my dream, which is a bad thing, it's kindof like danger or something bad supposedly. I told her my dream the next morning and it's a good thing too, because she remembered what I said later that day when she got stuck in the elevator... at first she figured it would just start up again, then (as she tells it) she remembered what I said and started calling out for help... five more minutes and the people who worked in the building would have left for the weekend and my mom would have been stuck there for three days. Freaky stuff man.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug I always thought that we see what happens in the future or something in our dreams and that's why we have deja vu. Then I learned about what deja vu actually is and what happens in your brain to make it happen so I was wrong...

But still... too many times I've seen something in a dream that happened, like the time I saw my mom cutting her hair in my dream, which is a bad thing, it's kindof like danger or something bad supposedly. I told her my dream the next morning and it's a good thing too, because she remembered what I said later that day when she got stuck in the elevator... at first she figured it would just start up again, then (as she tells it) she remembered what I said and started calling out for help... five more minutes and the people who worked in the building would have left for the weekend and my mom would have been stuck there for three days. Freaky stuff man.
            I've also heard that cutting hair in a dream is a bad omen. Do you guys know any other meanings behind dreams? Such as what the following mean when they happen in dreams:

- seeing a dead person alive in a dream

- seeing a loved one die in a dream (such as a plane crash)

- teeth falling out

etc...

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs I've also heard that cutting hair in a dream is a bad omen. Do you guys know any other meanings behind dreams? Such as what the following mean when they happen in dreams:

- seeing a dead person alive in a dream

- seeing a loved one die in a dream (such as a plane crash)

- teeth falling out

etc...
              I've heard teeth falling out- also not so good... (stress, issues maybe?)

Here, try this:

(it's an online dream interpreter thing)
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

okay, in the back of the armenian yellow pages, there is a dream dictionary type of thingie. That names a bunch of things people see in there dreams and what it means.

Try looking for it in one of the armo yellow pages. Look in the dreams section if im not mistaken.

Comment

I've never had a dream that I had to think about for more than 5 minutes or so after waking up. The only ones I remember are the ones where I was going to be killed on my birthday and the one where Mariah Carey was going to let me hit it but I woke up (of course).

Comment

Have you guys ever had the same exact dream for five or mroe nights straight? Strange isn't it, but I have been having that a couple of weeks ago. To strange to even mention.
                    I don't believe in dreams that much, as if to say they reveal the future or the past. To me they are just a number of emotions put into one, although sometimes it gets to me.
                    Do you guys ever read those dream interpretations?
                    I see...

Comment

Working...
                    X