Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate

Does it exist?

I want to know your views on fate...destiny.. do you think that each one of us is here for a purpose..?

I don't mean just in the love sense. Like your fate is to be with someone or whatever (although you can feel free to talk about that too).

I believe in fate to a certain extent. I don't think it's all-encompassing. It doesn't own us. We get signs and make our choices accordingly. Sometimes we miss the signs. Sometimes we make the wrong choice. Sometimes we make the right choice. It's the choices we make that are fate. It's this whole thing to do with understanding why we're here and what we're made for, I guess, that the signs and our choices lead us towards.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ckBejug; 04-19-2004, 03:28 PM.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

I don't believe in fate.

I hope this thread won't end up being an argument about whether there is "fate" or not... because that's a loop right there, when someone claims that there is human will and that you can defy fate by, for example, changing your mind, and the other person claims that you were already fated to change your mind. Pretty neat if you ask me, but doesn't prove that fate exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag
      Pretty neat if you ask me, but doesn't prove that fate exists.
      It doesn't disprove it, either. She was merely asking which opinion you side with and why. NOTHING can be proven or disproven. Everything in life is merely theory and guesses. Some make more sense then others, but none of it can be proven since the "reality" of what anyone considers evidence can be questioned.

Comment

The idea of fate is ridiculous. You are responsible for your life. No one else, and you have no mystical intangible force on which to lay the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
          The idea of fate is ridiculous. You are responsible for your life. No one else, and you have no mystical intangible force on which to lay the blame.
          I agree. Believing in fate just seems like the biggest waste of time ever. Heck, even if I KNEW it existed, even if it had been proven over and over again, I still wouldn't believe it.

Comment

What will you say if there are ways to know your past, present and future .. ? and in details hehe .. do you still believe that you are the one deciding .. or taking actions .. ?
            if yes how ? explain ..
            hm if not, what or who decides ?
            Who sends you the signs you're following .. were is your free will, how do you know you have one, how do you know it's not already decided wich choice you will take thinking it's your free will ..?
            My life is my own reaction. It is my own echo ..

Comment

I don't see what difference it makes to speculate about states of affairs that don't exist.

Comment

I forgot .. I dont want to convince anyone here it's only my opinion right ?
                My life is my own reaction. It is my own echo ..

Comment

You didn't state an opinion. You asked what we would think if we lived a world different from the one we actually lived in. Obviously our thoughts would be different. I just don't see how that is relevant.

Comment

do you think that each one of us is here for a purpose..?
                    OK, that just makes me think if there's a purpose for life, since we are life.

Originally posted by töö____müch
                    What will you say if there are ways to know your past, present and future .. ? and in details hehe .. do you still believe that you are the one deciding .. or taking actions .. ?
                    if yes how ? explain ..
                    hm if not, what or who decides ?
                    Who sends you the signs you're following .. were is your free will, how do you know you have one, how do you know it's not already decided wich choice you will take thinking it's your free will ..?
                    Wanna share those details and proof with us? What signs?
                    A lot of people think that our lives are decided by the higher power. I don't buy any of that because I think that we create our own future. The dicisions we make.........only we are responsible for our actions.
                    Some signs that we think are sign are not really signs. It's just that supersition also get to some of us, which brings us back to thinking about fate.

I forgot .. I dont want to convince anyone here it's only my opinion right ?
                    aaah. And I wanted to hear those ways that we can know our future. I think we know our past....I mean, we lived it. And the present, well, we're living it.
                    I see...

Comment

Working...
                    X