Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse

The simple thing is there are many fates and each road or choice has an outcome. The outcomes are already determined and already there. We just act and make choices of which outcome we choose.
    I agree with you on this one. That had always been my philosophy, but I thought it was more destiny, rather than fate. (not that I really know the difference since no one has answered my initial question)

Comment

How do you know we aren't pre-programmed to act a certain way? i.e. that we're not robots?

Comment

i hate fate
        fate ruined my life

Comment

It is very simple you guys, fate is basically what was "ment" to be right? And what is ment to be we have no knowledge of. So if we have no knowledge of what is ment to be then why would fate be so hard to belive in? What is going to happen will happen, and whether you change it from happening or not you will never know which is "ment" to happen. It is really simple, fate is not asking you to belive in it, it is just there.

Comment

Does it exist?

I want to know your views on fate...destiny.. do you think that each one of us is here for a purpose..?

I don't mean just in the love sense. Like your fate is to be with someone or whatever (although you can feel free to talk about that too).

I believe in fate to a certain extent. I don't think it's all-encompassing. It doesn't own us. We get signs and make our choices accordingly. Sometimes we miss the signs. Sometimes we make the wrong choice. Sometimes we make the right choice. It's the choices we make that are fate. It's this whole thing to do with understanding why we're here and what we're made for, I guess, that the signs and our choices lead us towards.

Thoughts?
            Well Anon. answered to this with details .. and i agree with him ..exept that i would like to add some things ..
            ok what i learned is that ur fate is already decided .. by ur actions of course .. so whatever u do now ..it will decide how ur future will be .. ok but if we want to go just a little deeper .. there are things u've done long time ago .. maybe a few life times ago so those actions "good or bad" will come back to you untill to some point where there will be nothing left .. "this is another subject, so i wont talk about it here" ..
            so when u think that u have free will .. by this i understand that you can only choose from what is there for you .. nothing more .. and the outcome from this choice is fate ..
            ok and one more thing .. lets say u r so bad, evil .. whatever .. but good things keep on happening to you .. so you wonder why? .. this is the outcome of previous actions made by you "in past lives" .. so if you dont add on those good actions some good actions, sooner or latter it will finish .. and guess what will be left ..
            almost all the religions believe in "As you sow, so you reap" but we have diffrent versions of this saying .. like Jesus said " Dont do what you dont want someone else do to you" .. so the point is do good ..
            about the purpose that we are here .. it's to be happy .. so to be happy you have to do a lot of things .. that's the purpose ..
            In love .. lets say u've hurt someone .. well guess what it will come back to you .. maybe now maybe later .. maybe weaker maybe stronger .. u have the power "power is the actions that you do, who decides ur fate in anything" ..
            i guess by killing someone then praying wont be enough .. so here the goverment gives u some time in prison for that .. and if that wasnt enough .. again u and only u created a bad situation for urself in future .. so dont blame fate when fate is only made by you ..

And soon I'll create a thread for the people who are interested in knowing something about theire past, present and future .. I'll explain in the thread ..
            My life is my own reaction. It is my own echo ..

Comment

If that's the definition of fate, then fate is meaningless. Of course something will happen to you.

I was under the impression that fate meant something that must happen to you, no matter what you do or what you choose, like prophecy. Take the synoptic gospels, for example. Jesus tells Peter that he will deny that he knows him three times. This is fated. Peter cannot do anything that will cause him to not deny Jesus three times.

Comment

Jesus was one with God, so it's normal for him to see the fate of others .. so he said what he saw in the fate of peter ..

Comment

and you cant change fate that easally .. try

Comment

U guys are free to believe whatever you find it ok .. but since this is giving opinions .. etc so that's mine and not only mine mine ..

Comment

I was actually writing in reponse to Anonymouse. To be honest, I didn't even read your post.

Comment

Working...
                      X