Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

April 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok seriously Dan. You're a walking contradiction. Don't you think there are people in the world who hate homosexuals as much as you hate blacks? Uh, you're a part of one of the most controversial minority groups. You go against the religion, culture, and moral standing of almost EVERYONE in the world! LMAO How can you be the way you are? I just don't get it!

PS: I don't hate anyone, so don't think I'm a gay-basher or anything. Even though I do think you're possessed by the DEVIL!!! LMAO
    Last edited by violette829; 04-23-2004, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
      Even though I do think you're possessed by the DEVIL!!! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
        Ok seriously Dan. You're a walking contradiction. Don't you think there are people in the world who hate homosexuals as much as you hate blacks? Uh, you're a part of one of the most controversial minority groups. You go against the religion, culture, and moral standing of almost EVERYONE in the world! LMAO How can you be the way you are? I just don't get it!

PS: I don't hate anyone, so don't think I'm a gay-basher or anything. Even though I do think you're possessed by the DEVIL!!! LMAO
        Who cares about who hates who? I don't care if you hate me. Time is too precious to be wasted thinking about who hates me and who doesn't and why they hate me or why they don't. Seriously!! Get over it - you can't thought-police me or anyone else!!!! Quit bringing my sexuality into the topic, because that's an appeal to emotion fallacy. This also goes to Bejug.

Dan I think you need to stop imagining that all of the Armenian population around here talks like the select few who think being blak iz kewl.
        Umm, Bejug, actually, my mom is VERY open-minded, and she told me that the situation in L.A is horrible when it comes to Armenians. I'll be visiting pretty soon, and I will have a first-hand account of this.

You're so TYPICAL. You presume you can judge all of a people by a few bad seeds.
        I'm not judging EVERYONE. I never said ALL Armenians are like that. The majority in certain areas are, however.

You know, I'd have expected differently from someone whose sexual preferance makes him privvy to such stereoypical judgement.
        Bla bla bla. What does sexuality have anything to do with that? So by the same logic, all gay people should be liberals and/or libertarians? And all of them should vote for leftists? When you bring in my sexuality into a discussion that has nothing to do with that, you know you really have NO valid argument.

try opening your eyes, you'll find a lot more inteligent and Armenian spirited Armenians out there than your little mind can even begin to comprehend. Armenians who would die for their country. Men who went to Kharabagh to fight for what they believed in and died for it, students in California and around the world who live, speak, and embrace being Armenian through and through.
        I am glad to hear it. But those aren't the ones I'm criticizing.

We bash your narowmindedness because that's exactly what it is, you don't see any more than you choose to see and keep a blind eye to anything that isn't agreeable with your point of view. It's high time you got over it.
        Agreeable to my point of view? Now why would I go and create exaggerations and say that most Armenians aren't really Armenians because they are neither proud of it (in fact, they're ashamed of it) nor do they try to show it in any way, thereby changing themselves into replicas of black gangstas in the way they dress, act, talk, etc. People who go around showing off their new car, and can't "afford" to donate some money for Armenians in Armenia. I kid you not. If you're blind to this and you're in Cali, then it's sad...

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
          Right. There's no Little Armenia in Hollywood, No Armenian schools anywhere in the world. No youth organizations, No Scouts. No Armenian community online. What are we going to dooooooo?!?

In other words, I think you've mis-spoken.
          Agreed.

There's a strong tendency to disregard anything good we do. And we DO do good things. I don't know about you, but I've had the feeling of creating a new Armenia quite a few times.

Comment

Baron, how many people like you are there in Montreal? OK, maybe Montreal is not a good example. Say, Los Angeles... How many Baron Dants's are there in L.A.? I reckon not more than a hundred.

Comment

Dan...the only thing you're doing right now is making an asss of yourself. Why can't you understand that MOST Armenians are not the way you described. You don't live here, so let me put it to ya straight (no pun intended). Alright, the Armenians who you say ACT BLACK are just Armenians with a different sense of style. They dress in loose clothing and listen to rap music. Because of these influences in music, tv, etc. their accent has changed. I wasn't born here, but I was raised around white people. Now, when I speak English, I sound like a total valley girl. Are you gonna tell me that I'm wrong? However, you must know this: Those BLACK WANNABES (as you call them) have more Armenian pride in their pinky nail than you do in your entire body. They are the ones going to the protests on April 24th. They are the ones who still keep their traditions alive. Just because they speak with a different accent, doesn't mean that they have lost their Armenianness. Since you're not around them, don't judge them...because they are really Armenian Armenians! Trust me. Behind those baggy jeans are some real loyal Armenian young men. I mean, we are talking about a generation who is, in a sense, still trying to find their true identities. All these phases that you went through in life don't shape your true self..do they? I know when I was younger, I wanted to wear those baggy jeans with the tight tops...and when I look back, I just laugh. But, that was my idea of "cool" at the time. How many older Armenians have you seen act and speak the way you describe them? UM NONE! They are the university graduates and the business owners of tomorrow. So, shut up will ya? You don't know smack about Armenians!

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag
                Baron, how many people like you are there in Montreal? OK, maybe Montreal is not a good example. Say, Los Angeles... How many Baron Dants's are there in L.A.? I reckon not more than a hundred.

For the record, even though there is only ONE BARON DANTS, there are many many many Armenians here in L.A. who share his beliefs.

Comment

However, you must know this: Those BLACK WANNABES (as you call them) have more Armenian pride in their pinky nail than you do in your entire body.
                  Sure they do...

They are the ones going to the protests on April 24th.
                  Why did you not continue the sentence? "They are the ones going to the protests on April 24th to show off their cars."

They are the ones who still keep their traditions alive.
                  I suppose going out with black chicks is in tune with Armenian traditions. Yes, I forget, all our ancestors went out with black girls/guys..

Just because they speak with a different accent, doesn't mean that they have lost their Armenianness.
                  Did I say that they're not Armenian specifically because of their accent? I'm talking about those who are ashamed of being called Armenians, or speaking the language...

Since you're not around them, don't judge them...
                  Funny, because I AM around them... This is the situation with a lot of Toronto Armenians as well, although not to the extent of L.A. Armenains.

because they are really Armenian Armenians! Trust me. Behind those baggy jeans are some real loyal Armenian young men.
                  Continue the sentence. Who go to the protest on April 24 to show off the car their mommies bought them.

I mean, we are talking about a generation who is, in a sense, still trying to find their true identities.
                  True identity? Wait, I thought they were Armenians and had no problem with that identity...

I know when I was younger, I wanted to wear those baggy jeans with the tight tops...and when I look back, I just laugh.
                  I wouldn't think 25 year olds would still be in that phase. Do you? Maybe Armenians in L.A are kinda retarded then?

But, that was my idea of "cool" at the time.
                  I'm not talking about the way the dress per se. I'm talking about the combination of all these things. Someone who wears baggy pants and still talks Armenian and is proud of being one and doesn't spend 23 out of 24 hrs a day with black gangstas, I have no problem with. But I do have a problem with those who deny their Armeniannes. And don't tell me I don't know anything, because I do. And you know it too. It just pains you to admit it.

How many older Armenians have you seen act and speak the way you describe them?
                  BS. Older? What do you mean by "older"? I'm not talking about 80 year olds here.. I'm talking about 25+ y.o people.

UM NONE! They are the university graduates and the business owners of tomorrow. So, shut up will ya? You don't know smack about Armenians!
                  How many of them gangsta-type Armenians go to university? NONE! You're talking about a different type of people. I'm talking about the rabiz types.

For the record, even though there is only ONE BARON DANTS, there are many many many Armenians here in L.A. who share his beliefs.
                  Bullsh*t!! There are VERY FEW!! I have TONS of relatives there. TONS. And they say the same thing. So don't tell me I don't know sh*t. And that's what I meant by bringing Baron Dants as an example... There are very few people like him.

Comment

Ok, all i want to know is....why is this such an important day? just cuz a bunch of people died? so you have to hop in your S500 with 22' and go down glenoaks....with your car draped in armenian flag colors? well my friend and i have come up with a solution this...we plan to ride with the turkish flag all over his car...i wonder what the reactions will be..gues only time will tell..

Comment

Ducaka I admit that what the Armos here do with cruising on April 24 and flags all over their car is stupid, but doing what you're doing is even more stupid.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X