Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

April 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darorinag
    *yawn* denial is denial. Are you telling me you're gonna sell your conscience for the sake of 110 million dollars? respect is the most important.

besides the fact that the Brits and the Americans knew that the genocide was taking place, and they didn't do anything to stop it. Waving the American flag at a genocide march/vigil is as offensive (if not more!!) as waving the Turkish flag.
    *YAWN* (How xxxxing stupid was that?)
    Never talked about selling my conscience for the sake of money. Stop assuming things. You wanna talk about respect? Respect is not being proud of the country who murdered your own people. Don't act like you would be doing a better service waiving the turkish flag rather than the American. If you really had any respect at ALL, you wouldn't even consider showing off the turkish flag. At least America helped, if they hadn't, a lot of the Armenians who are alive today wouldn't be. Just think about that for a second. Take time to really think about it. Also, waving the American flag is NOT more offensive than the Turkish flag. That's just a very funny statment. It's utter BS. I don't know how you can even justify it. Last time I checked, the turks were the ones doing the killings, not the Americans.

Comment

Whoever said bringing a flag to a protest is about being proud of a country? If you want to take certain premises for granted about bringing flags, you have to do it for ALL flags. And those who saw the genocide and didn't do anything are to be blamed more than the perpetrators.

Yea yea yea, America helped... BS!! WHERE was America when MY ancestors were being massacred?!? HUH?! Where? Don't tell me what respect is. I prefer to spit on the American flag than on the Turkish flag. Americans deny the genocide for political and economical reasons. The Turks deny it for personal reasons.

The Turks were the ones doing the killings, yes, but that doesn't mean the Americans' position was any better than that of the Turks!!! Americans had full knowledge of the genocide. Yet what did they do?? NOTHING! It's time for Americans to share the blame with their British friends. If you want to blame people/countries, blame EVERYONE equally!! I'm sick of all this British bashing. It's rather retarded.

And let's agree to disagree. You aren't going to change my mind. Until jew-owned America recognizes the genocide, I'd rather burn the American flag than the Turkish flag. FYI, America is an ally of Turkey...

Comment

You consider British bashing is retarded because you're British. Annoying isn't it?
        To my knowledge, nobody places more blame on Britain than on America. I personally put them exactly on the same level. Britain, to my knowledge, has ALWAYS played against Armenia, especially during Armenia's first independance, and slightly before it, when Azeris were already massacring Armenians in Artsakh.

And what to say of Britain's ambassador to Armenia? ugh..

Comment

No, I don't consider British bashing retarded per se. I just want an equal amount of American bashing if there's gonna be any bashing at all. I dislike double standards.

And don't even get me started on that jew ambassador. Put the blame where it's due. I'm not denying Britain's political animosity towards Armenia. I'm talking about how "Armenian-Americans" think of their country like it was an angel and did everything it could to prevent the genocide at the time, like Mr. Leo is saying. Get REAL!!
          Last edited by Darorinag; 04-28-2004, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Well, no use disagreeing with you on that one. The hell with both America AND Britain.

Comment

There was a small rally in midtown Manahttan. Some of the local politicians inlcuding senator Shumer came and spoke. The whole thing was pretty neat, especialy to see all the odar speakers that showed up like the senator and that guy from the guardian angels (anileve might know his name). And um I hate to inform Dan on this but Shumer's jewish.....

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag
                No, I don't consider British bashing retarded per se. I just want an equal amount of American bashing if there's gonna be any bashing at all. I dislike double standards.

And don't even get me started on that jew ambassador. Put the blame where it's due. I'm not denying Britain's political animosity towards Armenia. I'm talking about how "Armenian-Americans" think of their country like it was an angel and did everything it could to prevent the genocide at the time, like Mr. Leo is saying. Get REAL!!
                Did I ever say America was an angel when it came to helping out Armenians? NO! I just said that at least they helped. Of course they could have done a hell of a lot more. But they did help, and that help is why there are a lot of Armenians alive today. Without that support, they wouldn't have been able to make it. I think that's at least something. Woodrow Wilson really wanted and really tried to help, but with all the politics involved, it just didn't happen. There were people who wanted to help. Better than the turks who murdered over a million Armenians.

Comment

And um I hate to inform Dan on this but Shumer's jewish.....
                  Umm, so? How many jews among how many? David Caplan is also a jew. He came to the vigil here in Toronto. Your point?

Leo - *yawn* When you have a point to make, come back and we will talk.

Comment

*YAWN*
                    Darorinag, you really have some issues. Are you even listening to yourself? Your anger is directed toward the wrong places. You need to really go back and read your posts. Seems like you're just delusional. I've made my point and so have others, many valid points. All you come up with are excuses to just hate or just antagonize Armenians. In all these posts, your anger should have been directed on the turkish government. Focus on that for a while.

Comment

Who the hell are you to tell me where my anger should be directed? Idiot. In case you didn't know, America has hurt Armenia/Armenians more than Turkey can ever do that. Go back to your shelter and view the world with your blue, red, and white (stars & stripes?) goggles.

My anger is directed at those who hypocritically defend the American government while attacking the British government. Get real. U.S.A had a role in this as much as the U.K. as much as the Jews, as much as Turkey. Now go play elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X