Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

April 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darorinag
    What exactly does seeing a genocide happen and not doing anything even though you can, and aren't exactly scared of doing it (so that's not an excuse), mean?
    So then everyone is at fault. Every country who could have done something is at fault? England, France, Russia? Sure the US was at fault for not really doing anything, but that's not a blessing. They didn't approve of it or else they would have went in there and helped the turks, or give them weapons, or express how happy they were that it was going on. Just because they didn't do much doesn't mean the turks did it under the US's blessing.

Comment

• Yes, they are at fault. Obviously. They were witness to the genocide and did nothing to stop it. To add insult to injury, the U.K. and U.S.A keep denying it up to this day.

Sure the US was at fault for not really doing anything, but that's not a blessing. They didn't approve of it or else they would have went in there and helped the turks, or give them weapons, or express how happy they were that it was going on.
      If they didn't approve of it, they would've gone in there and helped the Armenians. To be silent is to be complicit.

Comment

• The US was neutral at the time. Wilson sure didn't approve of what was happening to the Armenians. He was very sympathetic towards them and their situation. He wanted a mandate for Armenia. The president of the US made some sort of an effort to do something to help the Armenian people, better than what the turks did, wouldn't you say?

Comment

• This is going nowhere. I think my position is clear. Your point is null and void. The U.S. has always been "neutral" when it comes to people being massacred.

Anyway, I made my views very clear. If you have any argument against it based on historical facts, be my guest. Otherwise, I'm done with this thread for now.

Comment

• My point isn't null and void, it's a valid point. I provided the historical facts. Based on the facts itself, turkey did more harm than the US. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it void.

Comment

• How do you know that Turkey did more harm than the U.S? Just because it was active and the U.S was passive?

Your point is null and void not because I disagree, but because it is null and void. Just because you think it's not null and void doesn't mean it's not null and void.

Comment

How do you know that Turkey did more harm than the U.S? Just because it was active and the U.S was passive?

Your point is null and void not because I disagree, but because it is null and void. Just because you think it's not null and void doesn't mean it's not null and void.
                Uhh, maybe because the turks are the ones who actually committed the atrocities? Yeah that would pretty much qualify them as doing more harm as they're the actual ones who carried it out with the intent to wipe out a nation. My point is not null and void because i'm actually making some sense here, and all you're doing is blaming everyone else and sight and then claiming my argument is void. You're looking to blame everyone else, but somehow you act as if the turks didn't do such a bad thing, like turkey was a misguided child and didn't know any better, but it was up to everyone else to stop them. Start making some sense.

Comment

• I'm blaming all those who should be blamed. I never said U.S.A is more to blame than Turkey. They should all be blamed equally. Like I said, to be silent is to be complicit. To deny it is to be complicit. Did I ever say the Turks never did a bad thing????!? Jesus Christ... Talk about twisting words.. Where did I say Turkey was a misguided child and didn't know any better? That's so much about your credibility. I'm done with you.

Comment

I'm blaming all those who should be blamed. I never said U.S.A is more to blame than Turkey. They should all be blamed equally. Like I said, to be silent is to be complicit. To deny it is to be complicit. Did I ever say the Turks never did a bad thing????!? Jesus Christ... Talk about twisting words.. Where did I say Turkey was a misguided child and didn't know any better? That's so much about your credibility. I'm done with you.
                    My credibility is still intact, yours was lost the moment you agreed that going around waving the turkish flag on april 24th wasn't such a bad idea. You seem too focused on blaming others and then if there is time left over, blaming turkey. All you did was focus on how everyone else did such a bad thing by not doing anything.

Yeah, you act as if turkey was misguided and didn't know fully what the hell they were doing and it was everyone elses fault for "letting it happen", not mostly turkeys. You're trying to blame the others too much, blame turkey who is responsible and the most at fault.

Comment

• I never said it's not a bad idea. I said it's the lesser of both evils. There goes another one of your word-twisting stunts.

Yeah, you act as if turkey was misguided and didn't know fully what the hell they were doing and it was everyone elses fault for "letting it happen", not mostly turkeys.
                      Where did I say that? If you're going to interpret what I say however you want, then I'm afraid that's your problem, not mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X