Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

EMINEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not so much the content of what he says. I mean Black Sabbath, Rush and many other bands of the classic rock era have and had powerful and provoking lyrics. Rock and Roll if you know anything about it was all about rebellion. Anyone can do controversy. There are people who write books that are controversial, speakers that are controversial, doctors, politicians, and even musicians or artists. No one is excluded from that.

The question here is the character of the "music". Do these people who can't play any musical instruments, or have the proper vocal skills to sing, but can only rap to beats, earn the right to be called "talented" or "musicians"?

And this goes to a deeper question of identity beacuse music is just another veneer of culture, we mimic what we hear and follow what we feel is cool. Why is rap cool? They talk about pimpin, cappin bullets up yo ass, and other materialist crap, totally not only devoid of any music per se, but also content and substance. Why do most Armenians run to rap and hip hop culture like babies running after cotton candy? Why do they act and pretend they are black or "thuggish"? Why do the girls braid their hair like that or why do they not only write in ebonics on armoclub, but also talk like it in reality. Why do they try to be so hard to be black or relate to the ghetto life? They have no ties to that culture whatsoever.

Anyone can make rhymes about materialism and pimpin and and how tough it is in the ghetto or like Feminem 'I had a tough life growing up as a white kid rappin so I made it big", and other lame xxxx. Who cares about your life? Everyone and many people out there have tough lives and rise to fame and greatness in other more productive aspects but you don't see them saying "Hey I deserve all this money fame and attention because I had a tough life and I made it big". To be able to not only write good lyrics with substance that sound comfortable to the soul and mind and heart, but to incorporate that with musical instruments, singing, and create a musical pattern and groove and umph that is another level to which no rapper can rise to, has never risen to, and never will.

There is no solid argument for defending rap. I listen to a few "underground" hip hop groups, but I will never put them on the same level of Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Guns N Roses, Rush, etc etc etc. Those were people that made history with their music, these are people that cheapen it. This is not "progression" in music, it is only reminiscent of a decaying culture which is riddled with materialism selfishness and lack of creativity and so the music ( culture ), will only reflect that.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs
      HAHA, good job. That was a pretty damn good impression.

...you really want that cookie, don't you...hehehe
      i would love that cookie. under 2 conditions. 1, it wasnt involved in a circle jerk, and 2, if it was, it had better not have been anon.

Comment

I don't think I've posted on this thread..... But I'll tell ya what !!!!

I like M m M's

Comment

If only Feminem knew you were posting on in his thread he would be thankful.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Well at least someone appreciates my love for candy

Comment

ahhh, yuummm... I think M & Ms are the sexiest candy of all...they should be every bedroom's "must have"... it's like as soon as you have one, you can't wait to have some more! 8) :twisted: 8)

Comment

Ok I really like this girl..... MORE M m M's......MORE M m M's... :P :!: :mrgreen:

Comment

that's what i THOUGHT you'd say!!! 8) 8)

Comment

I have M&Ms right in the bathroom by the toilet so that people visiting my house can help themselves to a nice pack of M&Ms. The whole point of life is M&Ms.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

but don't they melt when you take showers? or ummm don't you take hot showers?

Comment

Working...
                      X