Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Things you do for the environment/charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you do for the environment/charity

I know the environment and charity are not related but I didn't feel like having two do-gooder threads.
    I am a regular blood donor, and I don't flush after I pee. (saves 1.5 gallons of drinking water )

Tell me about you.

Wow, eggplant, it's good to see you finally churn out some threads. I would like to add that flushing toilets is against my ethics, since those handles are all dirty. I always leave the piss to just sort of mix with the water and produce a nice melange and then I spray some aerosal on the bubbly urine which the chemical reaction makes it go away ( I refer the reader to my toilet ettiquete thread ). However, my blood is too precious to give away, which I'm sure you don't need that much of anyway, right eggplant? I try to do my weekly contribution of throwing out a banana peel out of my car window as well.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
      I know the environment and charity are not related but I didn't feel like having two do-gooder threads.
      I am a regular blood donor, and I don't flush after I pee. (saves 1.5 gallons of drinking water )

Tell me about you.
      How about adding "community" to that.
      As for me, I've been tutoring kids for a long time now. Does that count as one?
      I see...

Comment

Originally posted by SagGal
        How about adding "community" to that.
        As for me, I've been tutoring kids for a long time now. Does that count as one?
        Technicly that would go under "charity", I think. We might have to go the judges on that one . But yeah of course it counts...assuming you tutor well.

Comment

Wow eggplant, I've never seen you use so many smilies in one post, or thread, for that matter. This must be a gesture of good will, for some positive karma in the future or something. Well done chap!
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Community wise, most of my activity is done through scouting. Whether it's our trips to Armenia where we help out on projects (although that's more fun than anything else), the toy and food drives for both Armenian and local charities, the enviro-jams (a day where we go to clean up a park, for example), yevayln. We've also helped the YMCA hold some of their events.

I've also been part of a couple of armenian ad hoc committees that have participated in different causes, armenian or non-armenian, and I intend to join something like Amnesty International soon. I'll definitely donate blood when I'm, ehum, old enough.

Oh yes, and I constantly scream at people who throw trash on the streets.

Comment

I used to be part of groups that rescued animals, planted trees, cleaned up streets, beaches, organized food drives but that was back in high school.

I once donated blood...and then I fainted.

Comment

I want to donate blood but I'm too young. There was a blood drive at my school a couple of times, but my parents didn't let me donate blood. My dad was all like, "No one's taking my jigyar's blood."

Originally posted by patlajan
                But yeah of course it counts...assuming you tutor well.
                I hope so. If not, then I guess I'll say, "Sorry kids."
                I see...

Comment

I like my blood. Needles are not my friend, but other then that I take part in most everything the AYF or ARS do regarding community work, especially when its toy/food/clothes drives.

Comment

Whenever I step outside I do wonders for the environment.

Comment

Working...
                    X