Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Theory of Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahannam
    first of all, the difference between fossil A and fossil B is so insignificant, that you need a phD in Anatomy to be able to tell...
    second of all, the found fossils have been proven to exist at a certain time. There's a reason why homo Habilis skeletons are all some millions of years old, and then they STOP appearing... and homo erectus start without overlapping... and then THEY stop and homo sapiens start...and then homo sapien sapiens etc. etc.
    what YOU're suggesting is...
    "God created each of those homos and then got rid of them respectfully"???
    I guess that makes sense too since God also got Mariam Asdvadzadzin Pregnant???? lol anywayyy
    You see the faulty logic and the mental gymnastics displayed by those who defend the traditional theory are so hilarious, that anyone with a crash course in philosophy can prove your argument to be invalid.

Basically, what you are stating is not any fact or PROVEN empirical formula, its a theory which you constantly restate that "it MUST have happened this way".

Please address the specific points I raise throughout the post regarding the missing intermediate fossils. Why does the fossil record lack the intermediate forms? Prior to this it was thought that evolution was gradual and through time it slowly took place. Well when evolutionists couldn't find the missing fossils, people like Stephen J. Gould and Niles Eldridge decided they would create an alternative, to validate their crumbling theory once more, and this one was the theory of punctuated equilibrium, namely that evolution wasnt slow as previously thought but was fast and drastic. I'm sure you all know all about this theory since you are studying archaeology.

There are too many gaps and contradictions both within the 'evidence' as well as the argument of evolutionists, for it to hold merit.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

ouh ouh.. you're scaring me.. trying to prove me wrong through throwing in some "Gould" or "Eldridge" or whatever you found from www.google.com when you typed in the word Evolution...
      look... if this were some "political History" thread, I'd think about taking your word... since you seem to be literate, although sometimes extremely opinionated, in that area...
      but I mean come on Anon, this isn't really your field..
      I know what you're trying to do here...
      you, my friend, are only and only evoking arguement...
      you've barely read it somewhere that "Evolution isn't necessarily the answer" and although you're totally science and reason inclined, (as we all have seen in your previous posts), your only goal here is to argue back and prove people like me wrong... simply cuz it makes you feel good about yourself!
      let me ask you this...
      what IS the answer Anon??
      since you're saying we didn't evolve...
      and I know for a fact that you're not much of an "Adam and Eve and the apple tree" believer...
      you've GOT to have a theory of your own! come on... bring it on...

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
        ouh ouh.. you're scaring me.. trying to prove me wrong through throwing in some "Gould" or "Eldridge" or whatever you found from www.google.com when you typed in the word Evolution...
        look... if this were some "political History" thread, I'd think about taking your word... since you seem to be literate, although sometimes extremely opinionated, in that area...
        but I mean come on Anon, this isn't really your field..
        I know what you're trying to do here...
        you, my friend, are only and only evoking arguement...
        you've barely read it somewhere that "Evolution isn't necessarily the answer" and although you're totally science and reason inclined, (as we all have seen in your previous posts), your only goal here is to argue back and prove people like me wrong... simply cuz it makes you feel good about yourself!
        let me ask you this...
        what IS the answer Anon??
        since you're saying we didn't evolve...
        and I know for a fact that you're not much of an "Adam and Eve and the apple tree" believer...
        you've GOT to have a theory of your own! come on... bring it on...
        I never said it is "my field" nor is it. However you are deflecting the argument at hand with your verbal slithering.

I've read more about evolution than you ever have, otherwise you would know the names since those people are pivotal to the development of evolutionary history. You would also know about 'punctuated equilibria' if you are taking archaeology. I don't know about Niles Eldridge but Gould recently passed away.

I'm not proving you wrong, there is nothing for me to "prove wrong", on the contrary it is you who must provide PROOF of the so called theory for me to be able to prove it wrong. You don't understand do you? In order for something to be proven wrong, it must first be proven, made certain and established. So far there has not been any concrete evidence. When you bring forth "evidence" basically it doesn't stand up to scrutiny or the rules of logic. Like I said, I didn't make this up, it is the rules of science itself, that Darwinism doesn't seem to like to that one theory.

Only fools assume that because one disagrees with evolution, that makes them a bible thumper who says God made it? Those people are seriosuly weird like the evolutionists.

Only humans are stupid enough to claim to know all the answers to the mysteries of our world and life, that being, fundamentalists both in religion and science. To be honest, I don't know what is responsible for our being here. All I can do is postulate theories, but no way are they going to be "fact". Evolutionists seem to suggest otherwise.

Now run away and read before you spew more on the topic jahannamig.

Adieu.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          To be honest, I don't know what is responsible for our being here.
          No one does...
          but at least some people are EAGER to know and are working their asses off to know more and more...and what do they get?
          people like you criticizing and calling them stupid...
          it's easy for you to sit in front of your computer and "spew" xxxx about them... how ignorant are you...
          guess what! just as they haven't been proven to be right, they haven't been proven to be wrong!
          I'm not an evolutionist.. nor am I saying that evolution is the answer... and I announced that in my first post of this thread!
          Evolution happens to have logical answers... according to me!
          and the future might prove it...
          so don't give me your "no way are they gonna be "fact""
          you never know...

Comment

wowowow. I have so many responses in my mind to all of these comments that I don't think I will be able to get them all out in coherent sentences, for you see my mind has already drafted page four of my comments while my hands are still busy with line four...

First of all, let me tell you, you guys confused the heck out of me, and it seems you are the whole lot of you confused as well. Maybe with one exception, or two. First of all, you have so entwined the ideas of evolution and creationism and darwinsm and natural selection and adaptaion and common ancestry and etc etc etc that you don't when to agree with some and disagree with the others.

I basically have one question to ask you. What do YOU believe happened?

The problem with people in general is their need to believe in one thing that is fully explained 100%, no questions asked. We are human, and as such we are cynics when it comes to believing things without solid proof. We need PROOF. Simple as that. Questioning things is part of human nature. As is the fact that people like to have everything in their lives explained, labeled, packaged into easy to digest/understand little pieces, and boxed into neat little boxes for easy access. Therefor epeople are inclined to want to believe in either one of two things, two possible clear-cut answers to this question of EVOLUTION:

A. A God (God, Allah, whoever....) made us and put us here and if you don't believe that you will go to hell. Religious View[point
            B. After the Big Bang occured, life arose from the primordial sea through abiogenesis. Scientific Viewpoint

:idea: am I correct in that assumption?

For the most part, I don't agree with labels too much. I think labeling something to be one way or another really restricts it and doesn't allow its full potential to show.

Is there any kind of a middle ground between those two ideas A and B? Because to tell you the truth if there was a middle point I would be there. I believe we were created by God, but I also understand the scientific data and significance of all the theories that go into the idea of evolution. And I think it is wrong to say that these theories can't be replicated because if you read up on lots of scientific literature on the subject, and by scientific literature I don't mean 'Evolution For Dummies' I mean published papers, etc. on the subject, you will see that even things as seemingly faith-based as the idea that all life began in the ocean because of chance occurences that happened one after the other, have been replicated and tested and found to be true, and you will find that life has been created in a laboratory by simulating those early conditions found in the 'primordial soup' ocean....

I don't know if this is a rebuttal of any kind. i agree and disagree with all of you. All of your pouints were as different as A and Z so it was kind of difficult for me to follow. Maybe someone can challenge something specific so i can know what you want rebutted....
            The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Also, here is that PROOF experiments etc, that made life in a lab simulating early experiments:

"Nature's ancient experiments can be recreated today in human laboratories. Glass vessels can be filled with the same chemicals present in Earth's early atmosphere: hydrogen, methane, ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, and water. When sparks or ultraviolet light are added to simulate the effects of early lightning or sunlight, within minutes the vessel is coated in a substance rich in organic molecules needed for the evolution of life.

Many such experiments exist, only confirming that by simply using the gases present 4 billion years ago and any form of energy that can break chemical bonds, organic material needed by every living thing can be created. But pieces of proteins and nucleic acids are only necessary for life, the are not life itself. Other studies exist that combine the organic material found in meteorites with water, and indicate how free-floating organic compounds combine to form cell membranes. This simple evolutionary advancement immediately preceded life. "
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

i say all of u stop worrying and go get some fresh air

Comment

If any of u who are for the theory of evolution tell me that ur Christian...I will come to ur house, search for a sharp tool, and STAB u in the GROINAL (u like my word?) area. How can some armos sit and say that OH YEA VEE ARR CRISHCHIN....when they're like yea we're from monkies! WAKE UP PEOPLE..lol IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF we came from monkies, then WHY HAVEN'T the monkies that are in the zoos today evolved? Or that flocking BIG BANG THEORY, what in Christ's Bible is that? I believe that God created man. That's it, end of story my friend. I don't think I actually showed any valid evidence for my argument, but if I sit here and try to come up with some, I'm afraid MY BRAIN will fart as well..LOL Plus my boss will come here and throw me up against the wall if he sees me sitting around, using his computer, his money, to post topics on a forum. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I LOVE WORK!

Hey what do u feed a gay horse?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAY (snap fingers)

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
                    If any of u who are for the theory of evolution tell me that ur Christian...I will come to ur house, search for a sharp tool, and STAB u in the GROINAL (u like my word?) area. How can some armos sit and say that OH YEA VEE ARR CRISHCHIN....when they're like yea we're from monkies! WAKE UP PEOPLE..lol IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF we came from monkies, then WHY HAVEN'T the monkies that are in the zoos today evolved? Or that flocking BIG BANG THEORY, what in Christ's Bible is that? I believe that God created man. That's it, end of story my friend. I don't think I actually showed any valid evidence for my argument, but if I sit here and try to come up with some, I'm afraid MY BRAIN will fart as well..LOL Plus my boss will come here and throw me up against the wall if he sees me sitting around, using his computer, his money, to post topics on a forum. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I LOVE WORK!

Hey what do u feed a gay horse?

actually you must be a really sucky christian and not believe in God, because you just threatened with physical violence of the stabby kind which could lead to death. thus and so you just threatened to commit a sin, and break a commandment.

anyway. about evolution. We DIDN'T evlolve from monkeys, mokeys and humans diverged from a common ancestor, which is no longer around today because we evolved from it.

anyway. i am going to agree with hyeclass on this one (wow, i NEVER thought i would EVER say that!) lets just go enjoy the fresh air outside...

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
                      If any of u who are for the theory of evolution tell me that ur Christian...I will come to ur house, search for a sharp tool, and STAB u in the GROINAL (u like my word?) area. How can some armos sit and say that OH YEA VEE ARR CRISHCHIN....when they're like yea we're from monkies!

the anthropologists suppose that at that time there was a certain type of monkey which evolved during millions of years to humans. All the animals
                      that u see at the zoos are evolved, for example, the horses and the elephants were the size of dogs, but during years they got evolved and thats what happened with that kind of monkeys. And believing in God and simlutenously believing that we came from monkeys doesnt makes us less christain.
                      As a matter of fact, mi havata the crap that is in the bible, because hriayakan patmuriune kap chuni with the theories of evolution. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                      X