Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Changing Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, your views are biased, because you clearly view US as an evil superpower which is there only to destruct. For every one American soldier, they kill two dozen Iraqis, I can see how that is rational. Not to mention that they plan attacks on Red Cross which is also helping injured Iraqi civilians, that’s also very rational. People have lived under constant fear and control, they had a spinal cord to rely on and a dictatorial brain to make all of the decisions for them. Pull out your spinal cord and disable your brain, we’ll see how you function. People not used to managing their own life and making independent decisions would be disoriented if the central power which dictated their life collapses. Which is precisely what happened. At the time of the heavy bombing Iraqis did not hold such contempt for Americans it is only later on that they developed this disdain.

Once again, this is evident in the former Soviet Union, when it collapsed. There was a sense of chaos because there was no knowledge of how to function independently, thus heavy corruption sprouted. It took them a while to stabilize the economy and the government, it’s almost a natural order in situations such as this. Same happened with Heidi when it gained its independence, where are they now? That’s why when certain countries are screaming to break off, I always say that they will not succeed. It takes a concise planning before such strong positions are assumed, many nations don’t see beyond the main goal of detachment. Same happened with Iraqis.

I don’t know why we are discussing it in this thread, but I guess you can implement the same concept there. Concise preparation and a gradual exposure and to freedom or liberty is necessary for a smooth transition that would eradicate the ultra-conservative platform.

Comment

Where are you getting those mythical figures from? Your claims are completely vague and blurry and you just whop them to state a point.You can thank the Govenrment for that, for it is precisely Government which caused exactly what you are describing. It is precisely too much power by the State that leads people to situations like that, and having just finishied Soviet History, it was hardly "chaos", only from the perspective of the State, because the State no longer had a monopoly on power, it was divided. The Soviet Union as well is a case of where too much government caused such problems. And history is always written by armchair historians for the State. Let's see what Butler Shaffer says better than I can.

My two most recent articles — "What Is Anarchy?" and "Save the Universe!" — struck nerves with a few readers of admittedly libertarian persuasions. While some critics offered valid, intelligent questions, a number reflected a common attitude best described as a fear of unsupervised life processes. It is this fear that leads far too many self-proclaimed champions of liberty to remain what I call "umbilical cord libertarians." They enjoy playing around with ideas of liberty, but are terrified by the existential implications of living without some external supervision. While desirous of expanding the range of their own decision-making, they insist … Continue reading →
      Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-15-2004, 08:10 PM.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve
        Oh noooo, I will do no such thing. In fact I thank you for telling me, because now I understand why your posts carry no relevance to the topic.

Correction just one at the moment...for making such a brilliant observation.
        Aaah yes. And that is the sound of you running out of constructive things to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Where are you getting those mythical figures from? Your claims are completely vague and blurry and you just whop them to state a point.You can thank the Govenrment for that, for it is precisely Government which caused exactly what you are describing. It is precisely too much power by the State that leads people to situations like that, and having just finishied Soviet History, it was hardly "chaos", only from the perspective of the State, because the State no longer had a monopoly on power, it was divided. The Soviet Union as well is a case of where too much government caused such problems. And history is always written by armchair historians for the State. Let's see what Butler Shaffer says better than I can.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer62.html
          Damn right. And free the children! Free them now ! No more teachers no more books ! No more pencils dirty looks !

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse

http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer62.html
            I didn’t read the entire article, but I grasped one quote that was completely false and it seems that anarchists base their arguments around this same belief “We have been well trained in the proposition that others will take the responsibility for our behavior, and that our only role is to conform ourselves to these mandates.” On a contrary, we have been well trained to take the responsibility for our actions because one cannot rely on the moral behavior of the fellow human. The argument Shaffer is quite similar to the ranting of all anarchists, it’s based on empty philosophy without any solid substance because it is anything but practical.

But anyway, I don’t want to get into another cyclical discussion about anarchy. I just wanted to ask one question: Is there an eminent nation in the present which successfully practices anarchy?

You and patlajan are on the other side of the ocean with your replies, both considering your comments very constructive and relevant. The question was in reference to suavely introducing nudity to the public which was so prudent previously and how to avoid such opposition or exaggerated behavior.

As for the media pat, I used to think that the media gives people what they want to see, however recently I understood that it’s a process of conditioning. The media feeds people what they think is more profitable and advantageous to them, and the audience accepts it as the norm. So you see, if you teach a child through imagery accompanied by messages of persuasion he will soon look for those elements in his life, even though he had no knowledge of the subject prior to that.

==========

And Anon, the figures are not mythical, see for yourself.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Three car bombs shook the northern Iraqi cities of Baqouba and Mosul on Tuesday, killing at least 14 Iraqis and one U.S. soldier. At least 126 people were wounded, including 10 U.S. soldiers.
            Daily updates of everything that you need know about what is going on in the military community and abroad including military gear and equipment, breaking news, international news and more.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve
              I didn’t read the entire article, but I grasped one quote that was completely false and it seems that anarchists base their arguments around this same belief “We have been well trained in the proposition that others will take the responsibility for our behavior, and that our only role is to conform ourselves to these mandates.” On a contrary, we have been well trained to take the responsibility for our actions because one cannot rely on the moral behavior of the fellow human. The argument Shaffer is quite similar to the ranting of all anarchists, it’s based on empty philosophy without any solid substance because it is anything but practical.

But anyway, I don’t want to get into another cyclical discussion about anarchy. I just wanted to ask one question: Is there an eminent nation in the present which successfully practices anarchy?

You and patlajan are on the other side of the ocean with your replies, both considering your comments very constructive and relevant. The question was in reference to suavely introducing nudity to the public which was so prudent previously and how to avoid such opposition or exaggerated behavior.

As for the media pat, I used to think that the media gives people what they want to see, however recently I understood that it’s a process of conditioning. The media feeds people what they think is more profitable and advantageous to them, and the audience accepts it as the norm. So you see, if you teach a child through imagery accompanied by messages of persuasion he will soon look for those elements in his life, even though he had no knowledge of the subject prior to that.

==========

And Anon, the figures are not mythical, see for yourself.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/...060804,00.html
              The fact that you did not read the entire article yet choose to rub out one quote, and I do not know from where, as "false" simply because it does not meet your criteria of what things ought to be, is a contradiction in a sense. The fact that you label the philosophy as "empty" without knowing its core, is another testament to your ignorance of the matter at hand, for you as an "individualist" should know quite well what the philosophy here is. The philosophy is not about "practical" for the only people who argue about "practicality" are utilitarians, Statists, and people who do not value individuals, and believe in coercion. It is not surprising that many people do not find libertarianism "practical' for it is an ethical stand, no wonder people cannot grasp it.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

You've plucked only one minor point of my post, the quote was wrong. Why is it important? Well because the theory is built upon a fallacy. He assumes that since the message is such then we imagine it difficult to swerve towards a more independent self-functionality. I am basically saying that it's the opposite that we were taught, at least I speak for the majority, where the message is to rely on yourself.

Anyway please answer my question: "Is there an eminent nation in the present which successfully practices anarchy?" Please don't ignore it only to offer a rebuttal of what I have written above. I also hope you looked at the article to which I posted the link. Do those figures still look mythical to you?

Comment

Working...
                X