Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

a new armenian rap group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MovezLang
    someone wa stalking about "why doesnt armenian music get big" we do have some good musicians"...hopefuly one day the world would actually recognize it...

well all im saying is that if an armenian artist (raper , singer , dancer)...tries to do anything....the other amrenians make fun of him..
    if even our own peple dont believe in us! why would the rets of the world even bother to!
    You claim that with an armenian "thug" rapping in english, ARMENIAN MUSIC will be recognized throughout the world? If an armenian youth at least tried to do something ARMENIAN, i'd be ready to encourage it as armenian music. If "twinz" or whatever considers themselves in the field of armenian music with their english lyrics and keyboard music, then armenian music has reached an all-time low.

System of a Down for instance, is composed of armenian musicians. Will I consider "toxicity" or "aerials" as armenian music? Of course not.

Comment

U guys talked about Rap and got into this whole conteversy !

let's go back to RAP....
      my man One2 EX-member of PENTAGON...wich the cd is actually still in the stores!!
      ONE 2? That's his name? ONE 2 BUCKLE MY SHOE. THREE 4 KNOCK AT THE DOOR. FIVE 6 PICK UP STICKS. SEVEN 8 LOCK THE GATE. NINE 10 A BIG FAT HEN. OMG IM A RAPPER I NEED A CD ON THE SHELVES RIGHT NOW!

Originally posted by MovezLang
      is coming otu with an solo album with featurings with Big syk(outlaw) ace and many more!

A solo album? Why mention the other names if its solo. Lastly, you rap culture freaks are the worst at spelling and grammatical errors. Jesus H. xxxxing Christ on a crutch you people are lame.

Some armenian record label is about to born down LA and it's gonna get big...we have many real talented rapper down here in our armenian comunity!
      it's not about being black no mroe WAKE UP MOTHERxxxxERS!
      Really then what's it about? If its not about being black what the HELL is it about? The whole urban thug rap culture xxxx is a reflection of black people, no one else. To try to mimic that lifestyle is nothing but trying to be what blacks are, ghetto illiterate crime ridden thugs. For Armenians to strive to those low ends shows a degeneration in our culture. Instaed of trying to reach towards higher levels of creativity we try to mimic black culture. You're not much different than the Armenian rabies fools who import Turkish and Arabic music and call it Armenian. When a certain people belonging to a certain cutlure, cannot create culture anymore and must rely on others, that shows nothing else other than cultural degeneration. Youre lame. I would castrate all of you.

i still see osme dumb armos calling each other niggas!!
      man call each other ARMO or soemthing...all we do is look stupid!!!
      Really? We look stupid? WOW! Who would ever think of such a thing?

someone wa stalking about "why doesnt armenian music get big" we do have some good musicians"...hopefuly one day the world would actually recognize it... !!!
      Rap is not Armenian music and the "bigness" of music only reflects the popularity and numbers of the people or culture. Latin music is big because Latinos are alot of people in the world. "American music" be it hip hop, or pop or any of the other xxxx are big because America is a big influence around the world. Armenian music is a dying art because like I say Armenians worldwide are lowering in numbers, and so with that goes any incentive to keep culture and create it, instead fools like you resort to stupid things like "RAP". I bet you can't even play any musical instrument, much less sing.

well all im saying is that if an armenian artist (raper , singer , dancer)...tries to do anything....the other amrenians make fun of him..
      if even our own peple dont believe in us! why would the rets of the world even bother to!
      well i talked anough...all ims aying is that in a couple of years you guys will finally change your mind about this whole rapping thing
      Holla !
      Shut up!
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

• you are so lame !!

singing armen's song that song is gay!!

Armen cant rap homie!!

if one2 wnated to...that poor guy will be quitting rap right now!!

and anwyays...! so what you saying is...ONLY BLACK PEOPLE COULD RAP!!

xxxx more i talk to people like you more i understand why the world hates armenians!!

becuz you guys dont dont wanna come out of your box!!

the best raper right now is EMINEM!
        he's white...dotn tell me tupac or bone thgs i know that's what you put in your car crusing on glenoaks but please let's try to keep it civilised here! like normal people!

i dont know man!

we cant comunicate with people like you...
        there is no point in doing that!!

anyways stay in your own world homie!

Comment

• Black people talk in ebonics. Ebonics is not an officially recognized language. You cannot talk in ebonics during speech class, or when reciting a play such as Death of a Salesman ( unless you're doing the ghetto version of the play which Crenshaw High does ).

Ebonics is not a correct form of writing. To write in ebonics would get any high school student an F. In your job or anywhere there is a certain guideline, a correct grammatical form of English that everyone adheres to.

Black people, thugs, rappers, wanna be black people, whatever and however you want to be hyphenated, by attempting to speak like that you only show your stupidity. The world doesn't revolve around incorrect dialects and spelling errors. Just because you think its "cool" doesn't make so.

What so you say is the cause of why the world hates Armenians? When did the "world hate Armenians"? I never heard of that. Where did you hear the whole world say that? In any event, youre about as stupid as Titty Percent, and the other thuggish little vermin that have come and gone in these forums. You are all a disgrace to our Armenian heritage and if any of your ancestors were alive today they would probably go back in their caskets and nail it from the inside when they see how horrible you genetic defects have turned out. You're despicable.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

xxxx more i talk to people like you more i understand why the world hates armenians!!

becuz you guys dont dont wanna come out of your box!!

[...]

anyways stay in your own world homie!
            First off, I was unaware, like anon, that the world hates us. Funny how ppl like us, who haven't "gotten out of our boxes" have never received any hate from strangers while you, totally "out of your box" have even reached the stage of claiming the whole world hates armenians.

Now, about the "box". You make some pretty wrong statements. By accusing anon. and ppl like him (in this case, that would include me) to not being open to other music, you are claiming that you are. Tell me this, what genres of music do you listen to (besides the great "music" that is rap)? Are you really as open to different styles of music?

Also, you claim that armenians who claim that armenians shouldn't rap are once again, stuck "in their own world". Should we all then encourage armenian rappers as representatives of our culture? In your point of view, "rappin' armen" or "thuggin partoghomeus" or wtv are in the same field as Khachatur Avedissian, Tatoul Altounian, Djivan Gasparyan or Arno Babadjanian(the list goes on)?

What's ironic is, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to tell me who most of these armenian geniuses are. Which raises my other point. If I am "stuck in my box" for not knowing about rap, how far away are you from your box if, chances are, you don't even know the greatest musicians of your OWN culture, while being able to recite all of tupac's songs by heart (though I admit, that's not too hard because of the limited vocabulary)?

PS. If miraculously, you do know the armenian artists mentioned above, please find other "thuggin armos" who also do.

Comment

• Dont get me rong dude...
              im not saying you are stuck in a box cuz of rap....im saying cuz your racism...it doesnt go to anyone...if if you feel concened then you must be in that "box"

and anwyays..noen really got what i was trying to say...
              all i wanted to say is that when an armenian tries to do soemthing good in his life...why do most of ya'll hate on him instead of support his ass??

if someone is talentend in rap...or in music...why do you guys have to say it's a black music only "he's adiscrease for armenians" and stuff like that...why dont you guys just supposrt him?

and...i went far saying the world hates armenains...
              IM ARMENIAN MYSELF! it just pisses me off seeing all this...

i dont know man i wont post in here no more...im not here to start fights with everyone and throw jamos at maple park just trying to make my point here

if yo gusy dont wanna listen and hate like anonymous...then im out!

Comment

• OK, the word "racist" is always blown waaaaaaay out of proportion. There is nothing racist about me saying that rap music is useless. If you claim that there is, you're just stating that rap does indeed belong to a race.

Believe it or not, I did understand what you were trying to say. What you don't understand about what I'm trying to say is that I won't blindly support something as armenian just because an armenian is doing it.

Also, I will never support an armenian rapper because they all pretend to be what they aren't (like most rappers anyways). When an armenian goes on talking about "homies", "thugs" "ghetto life" and "niggas", it truly is pathetic, considering the fact that most of them are raised in a comfortable suburbian life anyways. Do people even know what a ghetto is? Harlem was/is a ghetto for black people, Warsaw was a ghetto for the jews during the holocaust. Where's the armenian ghetto? the tough streets of glendale? Why go on and on about a NON-EXISTANT reality (for most armenians) that is in fact home of health, criminal and economic problems?

Comment

• The fact is, be yourself, don't pretend.

As long as you try and aspire to be something you aren't, I will be there to tell you how it is. Armenians should act like themselves, not like they are black.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

if someone is talentend in rap...or in music...why do you guys have to say it's a black music only
                    In Germany Rap music is actually labeled as "Black Musik".... If you go to a music store you will actually see a "Black Musik" section.

Comment

• Rap and the beats to it reflect something out of the jungle. Black people come from the jungles of Africa and the culture they have produced reflects that. If you listen to African tribal music they are full of beats and bangings.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X