Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What does heartbreak look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does heartbreak look like?

Well I thought I knew the answer to this!!But how wrong was I!! soooo wrong!!

If heartbreak and grief had a face it would be the face of a mother who has lost her child, no matter how old the child, young or adult.

I recently looked into the grieving eyes of one such mother and I knew that her face would never be the same again! Now, after being in her presence and seeing the mountain of pain and anguish and suffering that this poor woman is going through I am convinced that there is no bigger heartbreak than the loss of a child! It was such a powerful experience for me that I can almost fully grasp it without being a mother myself; and the worst part was not having an answer for her as to the endless "why's"...but at least by the end of the visit I could see that our presence there helped lift her up just a little bit, at least where she was not constantly crying and was having a casual conversation; though I knew that once we left she will have pain as her constant companion...

So what do you guys think is the face of heartbreak? (I know it's not a cheerful topic, but life is not always cheerful either, so let's share our views on this )

It's like writing your paper that is due tomorrow and then deciding to take a quick nap before doing the final proofreading to print it and then when you close the word processor and it says "close without saving?" and you thought it said "you want to save?" and answer yes.

Or when the digital camera says "cancel memory format?" (yes no) and you thought it is saying "are you sure you want to format?" and select no ... poof there go all the pictures you will never get back.

Note: I found out there is a way to unformat some memory cards! You can get some pictures back.
    Last edited by Sip; 08-03-2004, 09:35 PM.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

It's like writing your paper that is due tomorrow and then deciding to take a quick nap before doing the final proofreading to print it and then when you close the word processor and it says "close without saving?" and you thought it said "you want to save?" and answer yes.
      Ouch, that would suck majorly, Sip lol.. ohhhh the nightmares!

Comment

To me, a heartbreak is sadness like none other. I'm talking about sadness and grief such as losing something that's as important as one's life. A huge loss. When heartbroken, you feel the pain in your chest, stomach and throat. The throat feels very hard and thick.

Hmm, the face of heartbreak hu? I don't know how to answer that since different people express their grief in different ways. I think one thing that they have in common is tears though. So, to me the face of heartbreak is red and filled with tears.

Such a sad topic.
        Last edited by SagGal; 08-03-2004, 10:17 PM.
        I see...

Comment

Comment

Somehow I knew this would be you when I opened this thread, brooster.. (No, I'm never giving up that name, hahahahahahaha!!!!)

Heart Break is all about expectation/disapointment. Heart break is the emptiness you feel when the dreams you had set to come true don't, or when you think something is one way and it's really completely different... like devoting your heart and soul to a person, only to find out they are cheating on you nightly... to invest in a safe future for your children only to see it explode out of a car right before your eyes... to spend every last bit of credit you had into a independant feature film and see it completely bomb and leave you in debt for the next 40 years...
            "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

I recently looked into the grieving eyes of one such mother and I knew that her face would never be the same again!
              I can imagine how painful it would be to lose one's child. I can't even think about what my mom would be going through if she lost me.. About 7 years ago, a friend of mine committed suicide for reasons that were kept private (because the family was already going through a lot of pain and suffering). I went to his house with my mom. It was such an awful sight. To see the look on his mom's face. She couldn't even speak. Every time she saw someone new coming in, she would go and hug them and break down, crying. A few years later, my best friend passed away. His mom knew all along that he'd die, but it seemed like that reality hadn't really set in when he died. She kept holding him, closed her eyes, and cried, occasionally opened her eyes and gave me this innocent yet painful look, as if she cared for me so much now, as if her son had materialised in me. As if she felt like I was the only one that would remind her of her him, because of all the memories we shared. I don't know how to explain it, really.

In all these expressions, I could see some kind of guilt too. As if they felt they hadn't done enough. That somewhere they went wrong. That if they had done something differently, things wouldn't have ended this way. And I think blaming oneself for the death of someone close is only a natural reaction - one that isn't restricted to the grief of a parent for the loss of their child, but also applies to the grief of a child for the loss of their parent. Small and insignificant memories keep popping up into their minds. And the tears that had stopped for one second would start flowing down their cheeks again and again and again, as they remember all the good and bad times they had with that person, all the things that they regretted and wished they could change, even minor things such as having said "no" to a child's wish for a toy many many years ago.

As for heartbreak, it depends on what type of heartbreak you're talking about. My post is restricted to heartbreak and grief of death.. I don't know.

Comment

man, I'm usually in a dark and moody kind of mood most of the time, when I'd really be able to contribute to this thread... you guys had to catch me on the one night I was actually giddy and goofy.
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Take a look at this:

Meaning, your heart can break.... but it also has the ability to mend and become better over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud

Take a look at this:

Meaning, your heart can break.... but it also has the ability to mend and become better over time.
                    Wow! A red X says all that?

Originally posted by violette829
                    The only true love that I know is the love felt by parent for a child.
                    ^ (From the Being in Love thread)

Originally posted by hyebruin
                    If heartbreak and grief had a face it would be the face of a mother who has lost her child
                    Hmmmm......InteŽesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X