Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Thing I Have Noticed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thing I Have Noticed.

I don't usually make talk about this, but I figure it's about due time. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but throughout life, you put your foot in alot of peoples' houses, and where your feet go, your nose must necessarily follow. And you smell alot of peoples' houses. What I have noticed throughout my putrid yet bug eyed existence, is that, everyones house has a differnet smell. No two houses have I ever been in, that I have noticed the same smell, and the funny thing is, I can never notice the smell of my own dwelling.

But what I have noticed is, some peoples houses smell okay, others' smell great, yet others' smell like crap. The smell and odor of a certain house is determined by many factors and usually is a melange of everything. My theory is that some of the things that determine the odor are the combination of furnitures, foods they cook, the race of the people, their body odors, a.k.a., the smell of people themselves since we all have a distinct smell to ourselves, their feet and shoes, fragrances ( if any ), etc. I have walked in many Armenian homes, and they all smell so different, yet walking into someone's house who is Asian or Mexican is even more different different, and stinkier. The question is, has anyone else noticed this? And if so, care to share?
    Achkerov kute.

Ayo. It's the same when visiting countries. LA has a distinct smell. Even Groningen (two hours by train from Amsterdam) smells different. I always thought Yerevan stank when I was a kid (and it really did!!), but last time I went I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
      Ayo. It's the same when visiting countries. LA has a distinct smell. Even Groningen (two hours by train from Amsterdam) smells different. I always thought Yerevan stank when I was a kid (and it really did!!), but last time I went I was pleasantly surprised.
      Yes, have you ever been to my house? I am curious what grade you give me.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

This brings up the question what our own house's smell like.. LMAO.. and its true to some extent that we never notice a "odor" in our own houses... so, I wonder what others think when they walk in. LOL
        How do you hurt a masochist?
        -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Hmm interesting topic Arman. I have also noticed this in many peoples homes. I often do not like the smell of other peoples homes, and i don't notice the smell of my own home, as if there is no scent at all. It very much depends on the food the people make which is one of the major key elements to the odor of the persons house over others. Also the climate in which the home is around also makes a big difference. For example a home in Palm Springs compared to a home in Hawaii. The humidity in Hawaii makes your home smell very damp and gross compared to a house in a dry area.

Comment

I've noticed this a lot too and I figured it had a lot to do with the kind of laundry detergent people use.
            And have you ever been to somebody's house and you thought it smelled really bad, but then you frequented that house so often that the smell seemed to go away when in reality the smell is just there but your nose somehow adjusted to the bad smell? I always wondered how people whose house stunk so bad didnt notice it themselves..and then I wondered what if my house stinks too and I havent noticed it either I would hate that...but I've been away from home long enough to come back and notice that my home smells GREATTTT!

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
              And have you ever been to somebody's house and you thought it smelled really bad, but then you frequented that house so often that the smell seemed to go away when in reality the smell is just there but your nose somehow adjusted to the bad smell?
              Maybe it's like when your mind tries to repress a bad memory...except...with odors....

As for me, I like to keep a variety going. One day, the place smells like Echrich smoked sass idg (Chicago accent), next you're choked by bacon, then you're engulfed in rib eye steak, th-- ....mmmmmm......juicy rib eye steak......

*fires up the Georgie machine*

Comment

I noticed this as well. Every home has a different smell, no doubt about that. Well, a home does say a lot about the people living in it. All the homes I've been to had nice smells. From their body odor and their perfume to the foods they cook, it smelled pretty OK.

...the race of the people...
                Very true.
                I see...

Comment

Yes, I've noticed this as well. Also, in college dorms, each room smells different. I never notice the smell of my own room. However, sometimes when my roommate's boyfriend visits and I sleep somewhere else (yeah, being sexiled sucks) for a couple of days, and then enter my room, I notice it smells different.

Comment

Very true.I have also noticed that humans are not directly emit toxic gases but they give off odors which some might find unpleasant.And i have also noticed that some ppl and place they live in smells the same,it goes also creating aura and environment, some of them are nice , calm and peaceful,usually those houses smell really nice, but some of them you just want to run out,because something invisible is bothreing you,those houses stink.So i came to conclusion the key factor that determines odor of houses and humans, its that special,unique body odor.I wish i knew how i smell.Its very senstitive case and ppl are avoiding to talk about it.
                    I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X