Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia Summer '05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunechka
    that is so awesome stleath... hey my cousin owns her business making flower arrangements in armenia, she works from home, if you wanna order some flowers let me know and i'll give you her info..

i know i know, armenians and their businesses... lol

anywho have a safe trip and of course you will have a good time... i wish i could come too...
    yea, should have a blast... got a lot of people to see

Comment

Originally posted by jilbagh
      russia too? with terrorist plots increasing in russia, are you sure you wanna go?
      Next summer my dad is planning to go to Armenia and Russia but with the recent terrorist bombing, I'm a bit freaked out. Today was the first day when kids went to school and one of the schools I think was held hostage by the terrorists. I didn't read the article about it yet, but this is what I heard so far.

OK, back to the topic. I am thinking of going to Armenia next summer. It is a possibility.
      I see...

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'll be there next summer...I mean I better be cuz I haven't seen a relative of mine for like 7 maybe 8 years now, so I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I hope I can see some of my friends cause most of them are 18,19 and thats about the time your military service comes along...

Is Armenia, Yeravan boring now? I mean is their any new attractions or whatnot?

oh and can someone tell me what the clothing trend there is? I don't wanna go there with all baggy shirt, pants and all that. My dad went there with regular wal-martish type clothes on...and people thought he was broke or something.
        Last edited by MadHandle; 09-01-2004, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I'll hopefully get an internship, so I'll be there. But I won't be doing the tourist/sightseeing thing as much, so I can't really be part of such a group.

But whenever you want to have a Kotayk in Yerevan, let me know.

Comment

hi madhandle... so i as you may know from my previous posts... i jsut when there this last june... for 3 weeks... so as you know armenians are quite fancy... women dress like they are going to a foto shoot for vogue and the men dress like they are going to a barahandes... so yes dont dress like you are a rapper... or like you got your xxxx from wal-mart... go to Banana Republic and get some nice panets a shirt a belt (a nice leather belt) with NICE shoes... no sneakers... i swear i think Armenians in Armenia are so much more aware of how they look then in any other country...

anywho... i took guess jeans, fcuk clothes, i was usually dressed cute but it wasnt good enough for our Armenians... they were really out there... but its good to blend in... as they say "when in rome, do as the romans do" so when in Armenia do as the Armenians do...

hope it helps...

p.s. its ok that they think he is broke, then they wont bother him... LOL

Comment

I kinda thought it was gonna be like that...this means I have a lot of buying to do though. Only shoes I wear are basketball shoes... so its gonna take some time to get used to formal wear.

Comment

AHHHHH.....I want to go to Armenia.....Ookayy I said that like 5 times in other posts. But I want ttoooo...and wearing nice cloths..thats to much work. Yes you should take of yourself...but gosh I love my jeans...
                You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
                  hi madhandle... so i as you may know from my previous posts... i jsut when there this last june... for 3 weeks... so as you know armenians are quite fancy... women dress like they are going to a foto shoot for vogue and the men dress like they are going to a barahandes... so yes dont dress like you are a rapper... or like you got your xxxx from wal-mart... go to Banana Republic and get some nice panets a shirt a belt (a nice leather belt) with NICE shoes... no sneakers... i swear i think Armenians in Armenia are so much more aware of how they look then in any other country...

anywho... i took guess jeans, fcuk clothes, i was usually dressed cute but it wasnt good enough for our Armenians... they were really out there... but its good to blend in... as they say "when in rome, do as the romans do" so when in Armenia do as the Armenians do...

hope it helps...

p.s. its ok that they think he is broke, then they wont bother him... LOL
                  I went to Armenia with my classmates when I was in high school and last year my sister went with her classmates and except for when we went to meet the president and the other political heads of office, we wore jeans and coats and sweaters (it was winter when we went). And when my sister went in the spring/summer they wore jeans and tops and the guys wore button down shirts with khaki pants or jeans with sneakers. I don't think that it is very sensible to wear nice shoes and for God's sake Bannana Republic pants if you're going to go traipsing through Armenia and really experiencing it by going to the Vanks and other churches where you have to walk through pretty much wilderness to get there. Sure, dress up for lunch or to go to Etchmiadzin or to the Madenataran and the Hooshartsan but not when you're walking all over the countryside and seeing all the sights...
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

i dont know, but just last june, i kept seeing young men and young women dressed up all the time... it was a fashion show... i was like, i feel totally dressed down all the time...

but thats good advice, wear jeans, but not baggy jeans... thats the easiest way to go...

Comment

Working...
                    X