Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking

I smoked for 1 year before I quit, and I do not like smoking ever since my revolutionary ways. It is for losers of course ( no offense ) that have given in to capitalistic urges. At the time, I thought it was cool, but now I think it is utter crap. Ever kissed a girl right after her cigarette? It made me want to vomit not only the Jumbo Jack and the Oreo Milkshake from Jack-In-The-Box, I had eaten earlier, but also some of my intestines, since now they had been touched with that nasty touch of smoke.

The main thing is that smokers smell like ass. Their houses smell, their clothes smell, their breath smells. Everything about them smells like an old ashtray. Talk to anyone who lives and/or works in a smoking environment and they'll tell you smokers stink.

Ahhh but wait, smoking is cool. It allows even the most laziest ugly ducklings to have some style to their lives. Everyone smokes differently so everyone cultivates their smoking style differently. As a smoker when I stood outside, looking cool and smoking, I notice I held the cigarette in between my index finger and middle finger, while the very cool and hip guy next to me, smokes with the cigarette between his index finger and his thumb, and he is macho lookin and he even frowns as he smokes and has a mean look, a possible cue to chicks that he is a genuine bad ass.

In the end, the message that smoking conveys is that that we don't give a damn and we aren't afraid of dying and we are cool rebels, which is a powerful attraction for people in an age of neurosis.

EVIL BOY WITH JAMES DEAN LEATHER JACKET AND SLICKED BACK HAIR: "Hey Berha, want to go out tonight and party? I've got three cigarettes!"

BERTHA: "No thanks, smoking isn't cool!"

EVIL BOY WITH JAMES DEAN LEATHER JACKET AND SLICKED BACK HAIR: "Okay, your loss!"

(Later that night)
    BERTHA: (Arriving home to greet her parents in the living room) "Hi mom, hi dad! I just came back from the library where I filled my mind with wonder and knowledge!"

MOM: "Bertha, we have some bad news for you."

DAD: "You know that evil boy who always wore the jean jacket? Well he died tonight. He smoked a cigarette and his lungs jumped out of his chest and strangled him to death."

BERTHA: "Oh no!!!" (Begins to cry)

MOM: "Don't shed tears for him, Bertha, he's already dead. No, seriously, he's already dead."

BERTHA: (Happy again) "Let's go eat ice cream!" (Family exits room. Some guy in a huge furry chimpanzee suit enters)

CHIMPANZEE SUIT MAN: "Hey kids! Next time somebody asks you to smoke, tell them that smoking's groadie to the max! Instead of lighting up, why not ride a bike or learn how to cook? Listen to the rules, smoking is for fools!" (Casio keyboard "rap" preset patch plays in background.)
    Achkerov kute.

Did you actually quit smoking? Or did you just quit smoking tobacco?

Comment

No I quit smoking.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Yes, the cigarette smoking habit is on the dumb side of life. I have a cigar now and then and I feel guilty everytime I do because it seems stupid, but there is something about it that's relaxing as long as the mood and atmosphere are right. No addiction means less frequent usage and, ultimately, lesser health risks. Plus I would say there is less of a popular image to go along with cigars because everyone hates them so much. Oh and all of the criticism there is for the cigarrette, in my opinion, goes for more than moderate alchohol use.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade
          Yes, the cigarette smoking habit is on the dumb side of life. I have a cigar now and then and I feel guilty everytime I do because it seems stupid, but there is something about it that's relaxing as long as the mood and atmosphere are right. No addiction means less frequent usage and, ultimately, lesser health risks. Plus I would say there is less of a popular image to go along with cigars because everyone hates them so much. Oh and all of the criticism there is for the cigarrette, in my opinion, goes for more than moderate alchohol use.
          Indeed.

As George Carlin said, sometimes a cigar is a cigar, but sometimes it's a big brown dyck!
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Nice.

Yup, when you witness your grandpa suffer because his lung cancer (after years of smoking) had branched all over his body resulting in complete mental and physical deterioration and leading to the poor man literally skinning himself to death, you decide to reconsider your little definition of coolness.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              Indeed.

As George Carlin said, sometimes a cigar is a cigar, but sometimes it's a big brown dyck!
              Yea, his cigar smoking bit was funny.

Comment

Smokers suck.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

My sisters godfather died this year of lung cancer. He was a big time smoker. I can remember as a teenager telling him to stop smoking, it's bad for his health. He would just laugh. Now he left behind a wife and a 17 year old daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                    Smokers suck.
                    That is true.

Comment

Working...
                    X