Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Present Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Present Sucks

Nowadays we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints; we spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less. We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time; we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge but less judgment; more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added years to life, not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor. We've conquered outer space, but not inner space; we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; We have higher incomes, but lower morals; we've become long on quantity, but short on quality. These are the times of tall men, and short character; steep profits, and shallow relationships. More leisure, but less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition. These are days of two incomes, but more divorce; of fancier houses, but broken homes. It is a time when there is much in the show window and nothing in the stockroom; a time when technology can bring this post to you, and a time when you can choose either to make a difference...or just ignore it. It will get worse and worse. I don't even want to have a child when I'm married because I know he is going to go through a lot more bad than good as time progresses. I don't want to bring a child into this awful place. These new generations of kids are becoming worse and worse.

Everyday you have to test yourself, if not then your wasting your day, there are no grades or report cards, its just you against yourself and your testing yourself. Every single day is a test and you have to pass the test with the answers that are within you that your too lazy and not opened up enough to see. Another thing is people have no idea what others go through until it happens to them, I don’t care how much you think you know how it is or how it feels, you don’t until it happens to you in the same exact way. Don’t you ever think it’s weird how kids want to be older and old people want to be younger, people just can’t enjoy what they have at the present moment. Have you ever noticed the worst way to miss or want someone is when they are right beside you and you know that you cant have them. Don’t be afraid to tell someone you love them or want them, if you do, u might get your heart broken, but if you don’t then you might break theirs, so stop regretting and don’t worry about it... And don’t try to compare yourself to others, they’re more xxxxed up then you think.

Comment

Omnis going off lol, Chicago brought out things in him it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
        Nowadays we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints; we spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less. We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time; we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge but less judgment; more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added years to life, not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor. We've conquered outer space, but not inner space; we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; We have higher incomes, but lower morals; we've become long on quantity, but short on quality. These are the times of tall men, and short character; steep profits, and shallow relationships. More leisure, but less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition. These are days of two incomes, but more divorce; of fancier houses, but broken homes. It is a time when there is much in the show window and nothing in the stockroom; a time when technology can bring this post to you, and a time when you can choose either to make a difference...or just ignore it. It will get worse and worse. I don't even want to have a child when I'm married because I know he is going to go through a lot more bad than good as time progresses. I don't want to bring a child into this awful place. These new generations of kids are becoming worse and worse.
        I agree 100%. The problem is that when we say such things to others, we are accused of being negative or pessimistic. I argue instead that we are being realistic. And I prefer the wisdom of a realist to the wisdom of a blind over-joyful clown. But I have stopped nevertheless to insist, because people are more concerned with 2-for-1 specials at the mall, free popcorn coupons and the latest movies, instead of the more important things in life. So I just go on with my life and do not care anymore about what others feel or do, although I leave my door open should people want to reflect about things.
        Last edited by jgm1975; 09-08-2004, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Paradox

— Jeff D i c kson

Last edited by Anonymouse; 09-08-2004, 11:06 AM.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Even though it's something I feel sometimes, intellectually, I disagree with the "Good ol' days" sentiment. I think that when people look at the past they give it a positive spin and when they look at the present and future they give it a negative spin. I wouldn't think either is reliable.

Comment

I think everything sucks. I'm such a genius.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                Paradox

— Jeff D i c kson

http://www.fnnc.org/paradox.html
                I've never seen the complete one.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  I think everything sucks. I'm such a genius.
                  I thought about it before you, so that makes ME genius!!!!!

Comment

There are a few general and simple rules people should follow so that they live a happier and healthier life.

1) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive.

2) Things are much better when you learn to not stress about too many things in life. It's better to be pro-active in life, yet realize the realistic angle of the different scenarios/problems/situations of what life brings you from time to time.

3) We only have one life to live, so make the most of each day.

4) Everyday is another whole new day and a new learning experience

So in that sense, the present does suck....but it's best to make the most out of it and live the way you want to live and be who you want to be.

Don't forget.... always try to be healthy, happy, and successfull in life, but don't kill yourself doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X