Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The official video game thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myst is awesome, in fact Myst 4 just came out today and peole say it's the best adventure game yet.

As for World of Warcraft (or Warcrack as I'm starting to call it) is absolutely amazing. The beta blew me away. I'm willing to go out an dspend over two thousand dollars for a new kick ass computer simply so I can play this game. Get it. It's worth it. While you're at it, by Vampire: Bloodlines too.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Siggie
      I used to be an Everquest junkie. I'd turn down dates to stay home and play. It was pretty bad. I'm hesitant to get into a game like that again where I'd need to keep up with friends online or be left behind and alone!..........Yuck.
      Oh Lord, I used to go out with a guy whose entire fraternity (this was an Engineering frat, mind you) was addicted to EverQuest. I am serious. ADDICTED. Like I'd come over and some guy who smelled like he hadn't showered for a while would be bragging about how he just logged 30 hours. Goodness they were all Everquest freaks. Haha, I remember their poor girlfriends who got ignored for the sake of Everquest were called Everquest widows. lol. Freaks!
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug
        Oh Lord, I used to go out with a guy whose entire fraternity (this was an Engineering frat, mind you) was addicted to EverQuest. I am serious. ADDICTED. Like I'd come over and some guy who smelled like he hadn't showered for a while would be bragging about how he just logged 30 hours. Goodness they were all Everquest freaks. Haha, I remember their poor girlfriends who got ignored for the sake of Everquest were called Everquest widows. lol. Freaks!
        That's why it gained the nickname "Evercrack"... and I'm assuming world of warcraft will become Warcrack
        "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
          That's why it gained the nickname "Evercrack"... and I'm assuming world of warcraft will become Warcrack
          Right, yeah they called it that. It gets worse. I remember they would pull eachother out of class if they needed to be given a life or whatever it's called. Dude, you have to come home and save me or whatever it was called. lol.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

The b/f at the time got me hooked on the game. We used to stay at home and play online, but I broke up w/ him pretty soon after because he was insane. I had to pretend I sold my account so he'd leave my character alone. That's another story though.
            I used to eat my meals at the computer and only go afk to get somethign from the kitchen or to go to the bathroom. I don't think I was ever stinky or unshowered because of it though. That's pretty ridiculous.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

The b/f at the time got me hooked on the game. We used to stay at home and play online, but I broke up w/ him pretty soon after because he was insane. I had to pretend I sold my account so he'd leave my character alone. That's another story though.
              I used to eat my meals at the computer and only go afk to get somethign from the kitchen or to go to the bathroom. I don't think I was ever stinky or unshowered because of it though. That's pretty ridiculous.
              Yeah, uhm, we don't date anymore. lol. Needless to say. He wasn't even the worst of the bunch. I lucked out there, I guess. Woohoo! lol! The one time he suggested I play I guess the look on my face must have said 'Oh HELL NO' because he never said anything about it after that. lol

Comment

Right, yeah they called it that. It gets worse. I remember they would pull eachother out of class if they needed to be given a life or whatever it's called. Dude, you have to come home and save me or whatever it was called. lol.
                Not given a life... i think it was revived or something. The clerics could do it. It would give you some of the experience lost from dying back! It's important! I used to die in the worst places. I would need to give someone permission to loot my body so they could drag my dead body out. Good times.
                Definitely Evercrack though.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I used to be an Everquest junkie. I'd turn down dates to stay home and play. It was pretty bad. I'm hesitant to get into a game like that again where I'd need to keep up with friends online or be left behind and alone!

I play some adventure things like The Longest Journey, Myst, Syberia, just got Aura a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten into that.
                  Someone said I should have played Diablo, that I would have liked it, but I never checked it out.
                  I attempted to play counterstrike, but I kept getting shanked by my cousin and I got discouraged and stopped playing. The first time I played he thought it'd be hilarious to do that to me.

Oh yes, I forgot Final Fantasy on PS. Haven't played anything after IX though.

I may check out Warcraft, but not til I get the GRE and my applications out of the way. Yuck.
                  Diablo is ruined now so don't even bother. That game got so addicting for me it became ridiculous. It became so popular that players were purchasing character items in the game, using real money on Ebay. I think I played it for 2 years if not more.

Counterstrike used to be really good as well but not anymore.

Warcraft III I never liked. There are just way too many players with no lives that play this game (due to the prior warcrafts). In online matches, everything is analyzed down to movements by seconds.

I used to love video games mainly due to the challenge and obstacles you'd have to overcome, but then I got to thinking, if I invest all this time in a game and I beat it, then what? Does it achieve something for me in real life? Do I gain something out of it? Let's say it takes you 2-3 months to beat a certain game. About 100hours of play. Imagine what you could get done in those 100 hours. (restore a car, paint your house, work out to get a better body, learn a new skill, i dunno...just some examples.) I guess if you have the spare time then go for it.

Right now the only thing I play once in a while is GTA San Andreas and only because you can do random sh*t and play some good tunes in the car radio.

Comment

Not given a life... i think it was revived or something. The clerics could do it. It would give you some of the experience lost from dying back! It's important! I used to die in the worst places. I would need to give someone permission to loot my body so they could drag my dead body out. Good times.
                    Definitely Evercrack though.
                    Ahhhh don't remind me. I am having bad memories. Clerics, revival, looting, Evercrack, Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft, Counterstrike, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH.....

*runs screaming away from thread*

Comment

• Originally posted by GSTracer05
                      Diablo is ruined now so don't even bother. That game got so addicting for me it became ridiculous. It became so popular that players were purchasing character items in the game, using real money on Ebay. I think I played it for 2 years if not more.

Counterstrike used to be really good as well but not anymore.

Warcraft III I never liked. There are just way too many players with no lives that play this game (due to the prior warcrafts). In online matches, everything is analyzed down to movements by seconds.

I used to love video games mainly due to the challenge and obstacles you'd have to overcome, but then I got to thinking, if I invest all this time in a game and I beat it, then what? Does it achieve something for me in real life? Do I gain something out of it? Let's say it takes you 2-3 months to beat a certain game. About 100hours of play. Imagine what you could get done in those 100 hours. (restore a car, paint your house, work out to get a better body, learn a new skill, i dunno...just some examples.) I guess if you have the spare time then go for it.

Right now the only thing I play once in a while is GTA San Andreas and only because you can do random sh*t and play some good tunes in the car radio.
                      How about entertain yourself? Do something fun? Do you not watch television or movies either?

Comment

Working...
                      X