Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    All this ignores the question of who is the State to tell other people what to do? And if you are a Democrat or a Republican you obviously believe in making people bend to your set of beliefs, otherwise you wouldn't vote for government. But that those people who do vote shows who believes in telling other poeple what to do.
    ur kinda right man, ur kinda right
    state has no right to dictate people's personal lives, period

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
      I'm not saying that there should even be any kind of law that tells you at what age you can legally have sex, but I do think that anybody who is in high school, middle school, or God forbid in elementary school, should not be having sex period. Two people should be in love when they experience this feeling and I honestly dont believe that any kid who is still in school knows what real love is, its just their hormones talking not their hearts.
      high school seniors cannot love?
      not true.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin
        high school seniors cannot love?
        not true.
        yes its true, and if they honestly believe that they love eachother I would tell them to wait until they go their seperate ways after high school and if they stay together then I guess it is true love after all. people too often mistake wanting to be in love and actually being in love, and they are two completely different feelings.

Comment

so you basiclly agree that young people can love each other, right?
          but should express their love latently?

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan came out of the closet to say
            Pigmies and eskimoes don't vote, look how happy they are....Atleast they seem really happy on the discovery channel.
            What is your point?
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

the point, the point

Comment

i suggest lowering the AOC and enforcing it less liniently.
                what do you think?
                Why?.................
                How do you hurt a masochist?
                -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  What is your point?
                  I can't explain everything to you. Think for a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
                    I can't explain everything to you. Think for a little bit.
                    It's useless for your stuff, because there is nothing to think about.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

if u have the word document you should post your research on N-9.
                      Did this for speech class, got an "A."

NONOXYNOL 9
                      *Notes reference
                      INTRODUCTION:

A (Attention Getter): When most people think of the term “safe sex,” the word “condom” usually comes to mind first. You know, that all purpose safe-sex tool we rely on to keep us from getting STDs or getting anyone pregnant while we get our freak on. But what if I told you that wearing a condom could actually RAISE the likely hood of you catching HIV, Gonorrhea or even Chlamydia, as well as allow a woman to get pregnant more easily. Obviously I’m not talking about all condoms in general, but almost every sexually active person who uses condoms has at one point or another unknowingly used a condom with the spermicidal gel known as “Nonoxynol 9” in it, and that’s where the problem lies.

B (Establish Significance): According to a report released by the *World Health Organization in the June of 2002, “Spermicides containing Nonoxynol 9 do not protect against HIV infection in women [who use] these products frequently.” Now, you may assume that a product with such a lousy track record would be taken off the market pretty quickly right? Wrong. In that same report it states that *N9 is present in MOST spermicides on the market today. It has been used over the past [fifty years] in a wide range of spermicidal products, ranging from vaginal gels, creams, foams, and pretty much any kind of contraceptive you can think of.

C (Thesis): In addition to what I’ve already told you, in a moment I will provide even MORE examples of the horrible side effects that using condoms and other products that have N9 in it can cause. However, the important thing to remember is that there are many safe contraceptive products out there to use, but hopefully I will be able to persuade you into being a little more cautious and picky when selecting your products.
                      D (Preview): 1First I will talk about the less severe effects that N9 can have on people, and what to do about it. 2I will also go into the much more serious effects it can have on the body and how it can make us much more vulnerable to harmful diseases. 3Then finally I’ll give you some tips on how to avoid using products with N9 in them.

BODY:
                      1): *In the 80’s physicians began noticing a high number urinary tract infections among women who had been using diaphragms. *After trying to solve the problem by refitting the diaphragms and getting no results, scientists determined that using condoms with Nonoxynol 9 more than once a week can increase the chances of a woman getting a urinary tract infection by THREE times, according to the September 1st American Journal Epidemiology.
                      *Stephan Fihn of the University of Washington says that problem with N9 is that it’s a fairly non-specific killer because in addition to fighting off harmful germs such as herpes and other STDs, it also wipes out helpful bacteria such as Lactobacilli, which is the bacteria that moderates the acidity of a woman’s vagina. Killing these microbes clears the way for germs like E. Coli which go up the woman’s urethra and cause an infection within the bladder.
                      Although urinary tract infections are far from fatal it’s still an enormous problem, *according to Betsy Foxman of the University of Michigan. Through her research, she found that 7 million cases occur every year in the United States and by the age of thirty half of U.S. women have had at least one infection.
                      Many researchers believe that the N9 found inside condoms and other contraceptive devices may be the cause for a large portion of those cases.
                      Even if you don’t get a tract infection, some women may experience other effects of N9. For example, *if your vagina feels irritated after sex, check to see if your method of birth control or lubricant contains N9 in it. More than likely that will be the cause of any burning or itching you feel.

2): Now I’ll get into the more serious effects N9 can have on the body. *In 2002, The Planned Parenthood Federation of America decided to stop distributing condoms lubricated with Nonoxynol 9. The reason? Because it’s been proven that using N9 will cause small cuts to form along the lining of the vagina and rectum, which will then increase the transmission risk of STDs, such as HIV. Let me repeat that… using these CONDOMS will INCREASE your chances of catching HIV, which can lead to AIDs.
                      HIV isn’t the only disease that can be caught more easily when using N9. according to the *May 2002 edition of ‘Internal Medicine News,’ Condoms WITH Nonoxynol 9 gel were no better at preventing these than other condoms with NO lube/or spermicide. the only difference here is that with N9 condoms you have more of a chance of catching other sicknesses mush more easily.
                      *A study conducted by ‘Family Health International’ randomized 625 women in a group and were directed to use condoms and Nonoxynol 9 gel during vaginal intercourse. The study lasted for 6 months. After that time, it was discovered that 116 of those 625 women now had one of two sexually transmitted infection, Cervical Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia. On top of that, several women got pregnant, bringing into question N9’s validity as a spermicide as well.

3 (Solution): Like I mentioned earlier, it is present in most spermicides today so almost every form of contraception will have it, but here are a few ways around the problem. One solution is to check the box to see if Nonoxynol 9 is being used in that product, an dif it is, go for something else. You can also buy un lubricated or dry condoms and then buy your own lube and pour it in. If you’ve had sex recently and used a condom that you think may have had Nonoxynol 9 in it, go for a check up to make sure everything’s OK, especially if you feel any burning sensation.

CONCLUSION:
                      a) I hope I’ve shed light on the dangers that Nonoxynol 9 can cause. Most people don’t know about this information and are out risking their lives every time they have sex, thinking they are protecting simply because they have a condom, and now you have a little more edge on the situation than they do.
                      b) Remember, not every condom is safe, and it’s important to make sure you check for Nonoxynol 9.
                      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
                      X