Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hitler.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is stupid. How does having a Hitler avatar equal to racism? Only politically correct people think so. Perhaps it is wise to step out of the stereotype image of Hitler for once?

It seems Hitler = racism. There is never any objective discussion of the man, historically, philosophically, or humor wise. It seems it is all confined to the rigid category of "racism" based on the rigid interpretations of rigid people.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 10-31-2004, 12:11 PM.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Yet another stupid woman opens her mouth

Originally posted by nairi
      While we're at it: can we ask Ozgturk to remove his Grey Wolf avatar too? This is not a Turkish nationalist website. Or so I hope.
      What the hell do Turks have to do with grey wolves? I use a wolf as my avatar because I think that the wolf is a beautiful animal.

Turks do not have monopoly on wolves.
      Last edited by Azgaser; 10-31-2004, 12:15 PM.

Comment

While we're on this crusade of restricting avatars. We should put a limit to how many different types of self portraits Hyejinx can put in his avatar. Oh, and Anony shouldnt have his avatar either, its discriminating against retarded people. Let's not get carried away...the guy wants a wolf, let him have his wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
          While we're on this crusade of restricting avatars. We should put a limit to how many different types of self portraits Hyejinx can put in his avatar. Oh, and Anony shouldnt have his avatar either, its discriminating against retarded people. Let's not get carried away...the guy wants a wolf, let him have his wolf.
          Quite frankly Im sick of his stupid self portrait avatars. It is offensive to me, as a person who does not have a self-portrait and is not into narcissism, that he be allowed to have it. After all we don't want others to think this board is for vanity and narcissism.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

i REFUSE to remove my self portrait! i like the rather narcisistic energy it exudes

oh and azgaser, who WAS the first woman in your life who opened her mouth and had something stupid to say??? we wanna know!

remember boys and girls there's a 'ser' after azgaser! let's spread that 'ser' ...electronically

Comment

Blah blah blah..
              Last edited by Azgaser; 10-31-2004, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hitler: I can have a VERY objective conversation about him. Did I ever say anything about MYSELF when I complained about the hitler avatar? No... I was talking about how other people would percieve us. Let's say I just want to check up on the site while I'm at a friends just to see what interesting thing Dants has said, or what stupid thing Anon has said, or what thing I Bruin said that I can manipulate... and my friend happens to see a picture of hitler as someone's avatar. He's gonna be a little weary of Armenians. That's just one example... all I'm saying is, the word Armenian should never be in the same sentence as terrorist, and it should never been in the same sentence as Hitler... unless we're quoting him when he said "Who remembers the hairy mutha xxxxas?"

Self Portrait: I do not apologize or think there's anything wrong with it, in fact it's teh right thing to do. Theoretically, the point of an Avatar is to make it so that the people your chatting with know who they're talking too. Sure, even I put other stuff up from time to time, but the idea is still that this is an image that represents you. Sure, it's funny to put up retarded people or various animals, or as I liked to do certain comic book panels... but at the end of the day, my avatar should let people know who their talking to, as should everyone elses.

And lastly: I'm the new AC Gynochologist.
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

HyeJynx please tell me that I won't offense anyone with my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
                    HyeJynx please tell me that I won't offense anyone with my avatar.
                    Nope. All your avatar does is remind me exactly which website you got it from, lol.
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
                      Hitler: I can have a VERY objective conversation about him. Did I ever say anything about MYSELF when I complained about the hitler avatar? No... I was talking about how other people would percieve us. Let's say I just want to check up on the site while I'm at a friends just to see what interesting thing Dants has said, or what stupid thing Anon has said, or what thing I Bruin said that I can manipulate... and my friend happens to see a picture of hitler as someone's avatar. He's gonna be a little weary of Armenians. That's just one example... all I'm saying is, the word Armenian should never be in the same sentence as terrorist, and it should never been in the same sentence as Hitler... unless we're quoting him when he said "Who remembers the hairy mutha xxxxas?"
                      This is the stupidest reasoning anyone has ever employed since the dawn of time when cavemen were learning how to make fire and scratch their butts with the tips of their fingers as they wondered. To somehow try to explain a phenomenon, much less how people think, is silly. Your purpoted insight into trying to think of how others might perceive Armenians is a dangerous and inconclusive unless you are basing that on after you have seen how people would think of Armenians when they see a Hitler avatar. Beyond that it is nothing but a premature escapade into nothingness merely to show how compassionate you are for the feelings of those who might be offended by a Hitler avatar and therefore be perceived in a more positive and inviting light by, say the forum members, and perhaps the ladies, "Omg he is sooo understanding". As humans are not psychic, you shouldn't attempt to decipher what others might or might not think of Armenians. By your silly insight into trying to show how "humanitarian" and "understanding" you are in trying to portray Armenians in a "good light" you are only displaying your political correctness and conformity to thinking in rigid norms set about by schools and movies and the liberal circles you hang around with in your film endeavors. Moreover, by suggesting that somehow individuals who look at this website cannot discern between the actions of individuals who sport certain avatars and Armenians as a whole, you are assuming they are stupid and need to be educated and pointed out. Your assumption is that one Armenian represents all Armenians, and that we are a herd people with a herd mentality with no free will and it is an all or nothing deal, and that we all think alike and share the same interests.

I wouldn't care if someone had an avatar of Ataturk. To me, it doesn't do shyt or mean anything. Anyone who is "offended" enough by words and images doesn't even need to be in society to begin with. They should be isolated and stuck in a shaft so they will not be exposed to the currents of ideas that might be displeasing. Only those pretensious people who are hellbent on trying to control others and the speech and freedom of expression of others are into censoring and or controlling what is 'deemed appropriate'. Just recently at UCLA there was the famous poster of Jimi Hendrix with the Hindu god. Of course as usual some whiney assed Indians had to complain. Because of political correctness, nothing is truly free. Because of the pretensiousness of some morons, those of us who were not offended were deprived of the poster because it had to be removed. I have a better idea of people who are "offended" by images, words or what have you. Ignore it and don't look. Don't be a whiney ass about it. But then again, I cannot rely on simpletons to employ the proper use of reason.
                      Last edited by Anonymouse; 10-31-2004, 03:54 PM.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X