Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians on the right or left in the political spectrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Armenians on the right or left in the political spectrum

I am a republican attending UC Santa Cruz. I am in the bastian of liberalism. When I first came here, I started to question myself. When 12000 people all speak in favor of the left, and the right point of view is never heard, one starts to question themselves. Luckily I found the College Republicans. I still had not known which party or philosophy I would identify myself with, until I heard some people speak to me that were once communists. I now see liberalism as a form of 21 century slavery. San Fransisco, and Berkley, the belly and heart of liberalism is home to the ever growing and extremely large population of the homeless. The "cold-hearted" conservative San Diego barely has a problem of the sort. The rules of welfare and other social programs are designed as such that intend for one to stay bound by their limits.

I want to know which philosophy or political party you identify yourself with and why?

I am on no side of the spectrum. While it might seem hard to understand I do take a stance somewhere in between. Leaning to left or too right tends to damage our cognitive abilities and our ability to reason rationally.

Fanaticism in anything usually does that.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anon, I agree with you on this one. I am open minded. I do not agree with everything that the right does. As a political science major, I usually look at both sides extensively. I just believe that the best way to solve social problems is by using the philosphies of the right. All these hippies in Santa Cruz are very closed minded. Just because they love gay people (i am not judging gay people) they think they are at peace with the world. But when I make an announcement about a right wing policital evennt going on, i get cussed out, death threats, piss on my door, and I have been in several fights in defense (hippies following me telling me I was not peaceful, and would xxxx me up if I agreed with the war) I just see the left as hypocrytical. Though the right does have its problems, it is a more realistic philosohy. My great grandfather was a doctor in Armenia. When he came here to escape the genocide he had to work in a factory because he didnt know English. If he accepted welfare cheks instead of working his ass off and getting us out of poverty, I would not be in college today. I used to live in E. Harford, a very bad area. If my father had not sucked it up and started a business, we would still be there. So from personal experience, I side with the right. But both sides always must be considered.

Comment

Surferarmo

I am 100% Republican.

I believe people vote Republican because they take responsibility for their lives. They do not depend on the government for assistance. They know they can be self-sufficient and do not want any help to do so. People who vote Republican would like to keep more of their hard earned money that the liberal welfare state is gouging out of their check every week for their ill-conceived and ineffective social programs. They want to make their own decisions. They want to keep the liberals out of their lives. They don't blame everyone else for their misfortune; they do not consider themselves victims. In liberal eyes, everyone is a victim. Someone somewhere did something to you along the line, and that is the reason for your problems. It couldn’t be anything you did or did not do.

Comment

By the way surferarmo. I noticed you are an armenianclub.com newbie and I wanted to welcome you to the forum my friend. I enjoy reading your post and I hope you become an active member.

Comment

Things like possession of a weapon is something I like and support. Any government who tries to abolish that is basically tyrannical.

Lefties that ramble on and on about communist revolutions, and what have you, I don't support either since I disagree with those ideas.

I'd be more inclined to call myself a civil libertarian.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              I'd be more inclined to call myself a civil libertarian.
              i know the librarian drives a civic, does that help?

Comment

I don't drive a civic.

I drive a a tampon covered mini van. It's basically one giant Tampon Mobile, like the dog mobile in Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels drove in Dumb and Dumer.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Now that is an awsome car. You must get all the ladies with that thing. Just one question. Can you fit a surf rack on there?

Comment

my car is a beach cruiser. at home it is a beat up volvo called the "Beast"

Comment

Working...
                    X