Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Mileage Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this guy that changes mileage's on cars...even the digital ones like on BMW's and Mercedes'....he's gonna come in handy if this ever goes through

Comment

Originally posted by Mags
      Gevo, let's move to Armenia....I haven't been there yet, but I'm sure it'll be better than this hell hole called California
      Any place is better than the hell hole called Glendale.

JK.

Anyways... I seriously doubt that that mileage tax would fall through. Interesting concept, but unrealistic.

If it does, I'm moving to Armenia also.

Damn.. I miss "Voske Badarakagh".

Comment

Originally posted by Mags
        Gevo, let's move to Armenia....I haven't been there yet, but I'm sure it'll be better than this hell hole called California
        I dont know why i still live here, i hate california, especially the LA area.. infact i woudnt mind to move to armenia, i hear we can make good money just working as translators or something at the big hotels.. HAHHAA.. hey.. we can do that.. right Mags?? if we both work, make like 1500 a month, BAM we are good.. living is much cheaper there i heard..
        maybe i should just dropp out of school and pursue tht idea.. ??
        well mayb we should hope for this tax bill to go through after all
        How do you hurt a masochist?
        -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

this tax indrudes into the privacy rights of citizens and come ON! the original tax was put there to help with cleaning up the toxic emissions, the money went to the EPA, and if we really want to help with cleaning up the air, what is better then an electric car that is rechargable, or a hybrid which is also fuel efficient...

if this tax is passed it will only incurage people to not drive as much, but it will not discourage car manufacturers from making gas inhaling cars... the reason why the japanese have been so successful is because they have managed to make cars that get better miles per gallon, and not only was this good for the average driver's pocket, but it was good for the environment... so a milage tax will not save the environment, which what the original tax was for.

so lets compare the hummer vs. a toyota hybrid, WHICH CAR is more responsible for toxic emmissions, and which car is responsible for even having a tax like this (not directly of course)?
          - hummer gets 9-10 miles per gallon on the road and 11-15 (or even up to 19, the highest number i found) on the freeway
          - hybrid gets 40-60 miles per gallon on the road... LOL! LOL!

so if you drive 60 miles to go somewhere vs. 9 miles to go somewhere, you will emit the same amount of toxins... LOL! what is wrong with people??? seriously

anywho, this tax is PATHETIC in everyway... it is indrusive, and it does not help with the original intent and purpose of the tax. and thats my tree hugging opinion of the day...

Comment

this tax indrudes into the privacy rights of citizens and come ON! the original tax was put there to help with cleaning up the toxic emissions
            also to transportation costs...

if this tax is passed it will only incurage people to not drive as much,
            whats so bad about that? haven't you noticed the traffic in LA or California in general...pathetic and unneccessary.

anywho, this tax is PATHETIC in everyway... it is indrusive, and it does not help with the original intent and purpose of the tax.
            Someone has to pay for the freeways, roads, repavings, road expansions due to growing population. tax and spend baby...tax and spend!!!

and thats my tree hugging opinion of the day
            well put

Comment

jilbagh you are so cute... i dont know if its fair to quote only certain parts of my post, but since i love your avatar and you are a sweet person... ITS OK!!!

paving and recontruction could be done by tolls... very LITTLE!!! tolls... like in colorado they have these toll roads, and they are really cheap but very effective

Comment

yeah, we had toll roads in Oklahoma too, smaller state, smaller population, less automobiles...and California being a larger state it would increase revenue.

But it would also slow down the pace of traffic, create more constintuent complaints and increase the cost of new equipment of structures to house the equipment to account for cars driving on the freeways. Too many cars to account for and try to even collect from.

The Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco have tolls, but commuters going there are not as high in numbers than in Southern California, and they are primarily workers that go into the city that have the "autopass". Most simply take BART into the city. The rest are tourists that don't even matter because there aren't high number of travelers that go across the Golden Gate to the other side.

There is water on both sides of the bridge of the same depth. But all must give into their equal effort to maintain the strength of the bridge.

Comment

If you've noticed, the city of New York has more miles of highway and more bridges than any other city in the country. Furthermore, these highways were all there before the Interstate system was even thought up. They were built with revenue from tolls, and traffic there isn't really any slower than it is here. They also managed to operate the port, the port police, and build any parks without using very much tax money, thanks to the public authorities that build them and operate as corporations do, relying on investment and user fees for funding. This system has worked for over fifty years and you can argue that transit and waterways in New York are the best of any major city. Of course, they are able to slow traffic on bridges and tunnels through the tolls largely because so many people use public transit, otherwise the roads would be overcrowded. A large public transit system has been resisted here primarily because it would not be used by enough people to make it profitable, and it would have to eat into state and local tax revenue, and no one wants to increase taxes for a system they will likely not even use.

Comment

Working...
                  X