Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questioning ban/suspension

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gaucho
    I feel ya.
    I was complaining about the same thing about a year ago. no one seemed to care... as I've said... this government is definitely not democratic, it's Hitlerish.
    and life goes on.
    That's funny, since a year ago the only mod was Emil and he didn't know any of the new mods very well, and it was suggestions of fellow posters who got the mods chosen.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Okay CK thats all I needed to know. Thank you for answering the question. Like I said all I wanted to know was the truth.

BTW I deleted my post where you quoted me, because I had read G-Racers post. And I agreed with him.
      Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 11-25-2004, 10:17 AM.
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
        That's funny, since a year ago the only mod was Emil and he didn't know any of the new mods very well, and it was suggestions of fellow posters who got the mods chosen.
        So I would get a chance being mod if people vote for me huh? I jok I joke, being mod would be too stressful for me: always keeping up with the latest posts, dealing with Turkish idiots comming here, off topicers (like me sometimes )

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
          I feel ya.
          I was complaining about the same thing about a year ago. no one seemed to care... as I've said... this government is definitely not democratic, it's Hitlerish.
          and life goes on.

It's funny that you always mention the forum being a dictatorship, but you still post here. It's also funny that you left the forums a couple of months ago complaining, but you came back recently and started posting again.

Comment

Alright children...let us all settle down!

First of all, my personal opinion is that the moderating has become somewhat unpredictable as of late. There might be 5 off-topic posts, yet only 2 get deleted, so one doesn't really know what's allowed, and what isn't. Honestly, I don't see the problem with off-topic posts. They're bound to happen, and Lord knows I'm responsible for a considerable part of them (I blame !eek though). It seems to me that the forum is more about meeting new people and having fun then solving the world's woes, therefore discipline should not be that strictly imposed. However, this is only an opinion, and directed at admin, AND NOT THE MODS, WHO DON'T MAKE THE DECISIONS! The point is, admin wants to have a certain type of forum, and needs people to keep control. If these people do not volunteer to keep control, admin might just as well close the forums down.

THEEEEEREFORE, having regular posters, who are friends (or cyberfriends) with many of us, as moderators is a good idea because they can keep a certain balance between the crazy anarchists that we are, and the format that admin wants to keep. But trust me guys, there is NO HIDEEN AGENDA BY ANY OF THE MODERATORS (except maybe Siggie, who wasn't a moderator back when I was one.)

Of course, as a former moderator, I may be a little biased because of the big check I received upon my retirement. But then again, I might also be biased against the moderators because I miss the perks of the position, such as the hefty salary, the big comfy red chairs, the all-you-can-drink Armenian cognac and the Cuban cigars...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
              But trust me guys, there is NO HIDEEN AGENDA BY ANY OF THE MODERATORS (except maybe Siggie, who wasn't a moderator back when I was one.)
              and why would i be any different? What sort of agenda could we have? People seem to forget that this is an online forum, not a matter of life and death.

My agenda is to take over the forum and then the WORLD! Muahahahah!
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
                and why would i be any different? What sort of agenda could we have? People seem to forget that this is an online forum, not a matter of life and death.

My agenda is to take over the forum and then the WORLD! Muahahahah!
                Well, whatever agenda you might have had, I thought you'd be a lot more discreet about it than you are now...

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                  I agree, well said. Moving along....

No one is being dishonest. Really if we want to play these petty little games like two year old children who need to be told several hundred times not to do something and then need reminders before they are punished as to why they are being punished, then let's play the game. Just a reminder, we have every single PM that went between the mods and Bruin as well as the entire conversation the mods had with eachother as to whether or not bruin got should get suspended, so if you're going to tell lies about the fact that you were warned, you should realize that you will be caught in a lie and stop before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. I am not going to say this again, before Bruin was suspended she was warned several times, and not only that I USED HER EXACT POST where she went OFF TOPIC in the DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC thread. Did she break a rule? YES. Was she warned? YES. Was she suspended as a result of several warnings and discussion between the mods? YES. As for this whole other b.s. about friends inducting friends to be mods, there was also a discussion as to whether or not new mods were necessary and it was a group decision to choose someone to be a mod. Stop being paranoid.

As Racer said, it's just an online forum. Don't take it too seriously. The only reason we do is because the admin has us here to enforce HIS rules. It is HIS forum and we are appointed to follow HIS rule. You don't like it? Then leave.
                  yes, "unstupid" you are sooo right! as a matter of fact i am very happy that every single one of those pm's were saved because i meant EVERY SINGLE THING that i typed on there! if YOU or your mod buddies think something is a warning, then YOU should have enough sense and communication skills to be able to communicate that in plain and clear language! hmmm with perhaps WARNING as a header, and if you can't then maybe this job is not for you (applies to whoever may be inept in this area) so you see YOU are the one making a fool of yourself! if all your reasons were so just and righteous, you, oh moderator, wouldn't be here justifying a collective decision to all the little forum members! not to mention the indiscreet distastefulness of mentioning some of the details of my account in your posts, i mean...really distatestful!

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                    yes, "unstupid" you are sooo right! as a matter of fact i am very happy that every single one of those pm's were saved because i meant EVERY SINGLE THING that i typed on there! if YOU or your mod buddies think something is a warning, then YOU should have enough sense and communication skills to be able to communicate that in plain and clear language! hmmm with perhaps WARNING as a header, and if you can't then maybe this job is not for you (applies to whoever may be inept in this area) so you see YOU are the one making a fool of yourself! if all your reasons were so just and righteous, you, oh moderator, wouldn't be here justifying a collective decision to all the little forum members! not to mention the indiscreet distastefulness of mentioning some of the details of my account in your posts, i mean...really distatestful!
                    Thanks for the laugh.
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Working...
                    X